Concierge Support greatly reduced and yet LL charges the same $$$

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else notice that Linden Labs has reduced support services? It's no longer possible to call concierge and get a live Linden to help you in world the way they used to. It's also impossible to submit a ticket to follow up on in world abuse situations they way we used to be able to do. When you call concierge you get little more than lips service from someone working from home, who doesn't even play SL. They can't answer your questions or help at all. They are in fact, completely useless. 

And yet I still have to pay the same amount every month to own a full sim of mainland. Something is wrong here Lindens, somewhere along the way you decided that ripping us off is okay? That maybe we wouldn't notice? Well, we have and it sucks! The place is going down the toilet and LL is squarely to blame. Shame.

I disagree 100%. I've found exactly the opposite. I'd get terrible service say like a year and a half ago. Lately, turnaround times are record breaking and I get real solutions promptly these days instead of the old gobbledygook half answers & avoidance.

I guess we can learn from this that service levels vary. Sometime awesome, sometimes not. One Linden posted something a few months back saying they are working to be more consistant with the awesome service, its one of their big goals lately to improve service bigtime. They recognize the current shortfalls and working to improve the system.

WADE1 Jya wrote:

I disagree 100%. I've found exactly the opposite. I'd get terrible service say like a year and a half ago. Lately, turnaround times are record breaking and I get real solutions promptly these days instead of the old gobbledygook half answers & avoidance.

I guess we can learn from this that service levels vary. Sometime awesome, sometimes not. One Linden posted something a few months back saying they are working to be more consistant with the awesome service, its one of their big goals lately
to improve service bigtime.
They recognize the current shortfalls and working to improve the system.

/me agrees with you Wade ...*meows*

2010, which marked the end of a 4-year losing streak, will probably go down in the record books as the worst year for Linden Lab. I believe the company has finally decided to get serious about Second Life - and it shows. The new Lithium system is intelligent and professional, the DPW is making significant improvements to the mainland, customer support is returning to previous levels of excellence. We're not out of the woods yet, but I finally have some confidence in Linden Lab.

Ya'll must be on the Linden payroll because it takes me longer than ever to get concierge on the phone and when I do get them, they can't do a damn thing to help. Just pay a lot of lip service. I guess we must be logging into different SL's because nothing has improved in my eyes. LL is more unresponsive and unreachable than ever before.

I agree with the OP.  While my open ticket was closed a few weeks ago, it was with the "solution" that support hoped the problem had gone away by now.  When I reopen the ticket to ask for an explanation (concerning a billing error), I was told that the records were purged because too much time had passed--even though I submitted the ticket when the problem first occurred.  When I objected that it seemed unlikely that financial records were really purged that quickly, the support person replied that she had answered my reopened ticket just to be courteous, and that she wasn't going to help me anymore.  I've submitted another ticket complaining about it. In the last year or two I've grown used to support people who are unfamiliar with basic SL concepts, but I've been lucky--until recently--in getting support staff who at least went through the motions of pretending that they were trying to offer support.

From what I've been told by a concierge supervisor, they no longer handle ANY in world complaints. I was also told that SL doesn't get involved in resident disputes. Concierge basically handles billing issues now and that's it. So there really is no phone support at all for complaints any more. I've filed a complaint for the Better Business Bureau and I suggest others do too if you're not happy with this lack of basic product support.

One of their concierge support staff actually issued me an official warning of suspension for complaining too loudly. Accused me falsely of "abusing support staff", talk about thin skinned. This has happened once before in the past. Ask too many questions, or complain too loudly and they either threaten you with suspension, or just do it without warning. So much for the customer always being right or providing courteous, professional support.

I sold off my Mainland holdings soon after I submitted the ticket, based on the inability of phone support and live chat to do anything be tell me to submit a ticket--after considerable time spent on my part on hold and calling back after being disconnected--and the issue was a LL billing issue. I didn't give up my premium account right away because I pay yearly. I decided to wait and see if submitting the ticket led to a resolution. It did not. What it led to is my finally understanding that the support staff are not obliged to provide support, that they do so as a courtesy and only if they feel like helping--at least that is pretty much what the Scout told me. I will be switching to Basic rather than renewing for a fifth year. Honestly, I'm rather sad about the whole situation. I liked being a premium member, doing my bit to pay in to the company that built this wonderful place. But I cannot justify paying when the employees with whom I need to work--the support staff--are unhelpful and, in some cases, rude.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.