How do I stop the SL viewer from constantly uninstalling and re-downloading whenever I try to run it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi JasmineEdith02,

Your Operating System is either 32bit or you have one of the Intel HD graphics cards which also limits you to the use of the 32bit viewer. Please completely uninstall the version of Second Life you are using, then download this version of Second Life and install it.

http://download.cloud.secondlife.com/Viewer_5/Second_Life_5_1_5_515811_i686_Setup.exe

If you are having any further issues please file a bug report at https://jira.secondlife.com and I will be happy to help you there.

Thanks!

• Like 2

@Kyle Linden We tried doing this. Last night I legit delete everything and redownload my viewers plus downloaded second life_5_1_5_515811_i686_Setup.exe 10 bloody tries and nothing works. I think it's your end instead of players and needs to be fixed because I was playing it roughly 2 hours then logged then within 4 hours later I tried starting up the viewer then all the sudden it keep putting me in a loop of reinstall and uninstalls even when I do exactly what you suggested to @JasmineEdith02. I tried file report of this bug seem to me the team doesn't want to help out.

Edited by DoctorKatherine1
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, DoctorKatherine1 said:

@Kyle Linden We tried doing this. Last night I legit delete everything and redownload my viewers plus downloaded second life_5_1_5_515811_i686_Setup.exe 10 bloody tries and nothing works. I think it's your end instead of players and needs to be fixed because I was playing it roughly 2 hours then logged then within 4 hours later I tried starting up the viewer then all the sudden it keep putting me in a loop of reinstall and uninstalls even when I do exactly what you suggested to @JasmineEdith02. I tried file report of this bug seem to me the team doesn't want to help out.

Hi DoctorKatherine1,

Thank you for filing a bug report. We'll help you sort it out there.

Thanks!

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.