Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I know, right? He also didn't insist I must be a guy, because otherwise why else would I say no? Perhaps he's saving it for next time. These types rarely remember who they've attempted to woo in the past.

Funnily enough, I never found that they accused me of being a man either. I suspect it's because then they'd have to believe that they've been hitting on a male user.

pickup_artist.png

Edited by Amina Sopwith
Bad word in cartoon.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Funnily enough, I never found that they accused me of being a man either. I suspect it's because then they'd have to believe that they've been hitting on a male user.

The accuse of being male in RL is the official douchebag response for refusing to voice with them, exchange RL pictures or video chat. Because refusing to do that can't probably mean you want to keep the immersion up or that you value your privacy...or actually don't like them as much as they would like to think you do...it MUST mean you are just hiding that you are a guy. This is followed by insults, because you tried to trick them and give them the gay.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

The accuse of being male in RL is the official douchebag response for refusing to voice with them, exchange RL pictures or video chat. Because refusing to do that can't probably mean you want to keep the immersion up or that you value your privacy...or actually don't like them as much as they would like to think you do...it MUST mean you are just hiding that you are a guy. This is followed by insults, because you tried to trick them and give them the gay.

See this guys? 

This is why, all too often, you'll get the cold shoulder from me from the second you start asking me to voice, send rl pics, or any of those things you ask a woman to do to prove she is a woman. Get it through your thick skulls! We do not have to prove anything to you! Nothing! Zip! Zilch! Nada! Stop falling back on that old defensive bullcrap. You aren't the one being sexually assaulted (verbally). We are!

As for things like women should always smile no matter what...

579667554_Expectingwomentosmile.gif.e157a4967f65c7bd59659b61de91c8f6.gif

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Oh, yeah.  I saw that in quite a few profiles, the demand to voice or else be known as a man. But I think in my SL heyday, voice wasn't such a huge thing. At least, I was never given a demand to voice verify before a loser would deign to speak to me. To be fair, I was quite good at repelling a certain type of person quite quickly.

I have nothing to "prove" to anyone.  Who I am in Real Life is my own business, not theirs.  This is SL.  I refuse to use voice because I find it an annoying distraction from my in-world experience, a reminder that I am not actually "here".  My choice is not a commentary on who I or anyone else may be outside of SL.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I have nothing to "prove" to anyone.  Who I am in Real Life is my own business, not theirs.  This is SL.  I refuse to use voice because I find it an annoying distraction from my in-world experience, a reminder that I am not actually "here".  My choice is not a commentary on who I or anyone else may be outside of SL.

Of course. I actually don't mind voicing once I know someone but I won't do it for some random. And if they made a demand, I'd refuse on principle.

Maybe it's worth getting a voice morpher so that even if you're a woman, you can string along one of these idiots and then if they start making demands and accusations, you can suddenly voice as a man anyway. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Maybe it's worth getting a voice morpher so that even if you're a woman, you can string along one of these idiots and then if they start making demands and accusations, you can suddenly voice as a man anyway. 

We're trying to discourage the behavior, not encourage it. Females voicing as male in reaction just adds fuel to the fire and sets us all back by 30 years.

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

We're trying to discourage the behavior, not encourage it. Females voicing as male in reaction just adds fuel to the fire and sets us all back by 30 years.

I guess you're right. They totally deserve it though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

See this guys? 

This is why, all too often, you'll get the cold shoulder from me from the second you start asking me to voice, send rl pics, or any of those things you ask a woman to do to prove she is a woman. Get it through your thick skulls! We do not have to prove anything to you! Nothing! Zip! Zilch! Nada! Stop falling back on that old defensive bullcrap. You aren't the one being sexually assaulted (verbally). We are!

The good side of the coin is that those types quickly identify themselves as someone to avoid at all costs because drama-cesspool in the brewing anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Can you spot the women in this photo? I can. There are at least two, maybe three. :P

How can you tell .. not only are they all wearing fake beards, in the context of this scene they are all identifying as women, but I wouldn't put it pas Eric Idle to be playing a complicated double bluff.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

The good side of the coin is that those types quickly identify themselves as someone to avoid at all costs because drama-cesspool in the brewing anyway.

Avoidance allows perpetuation. The problem goes far beyond drama. It is deeply rooted in misogyny. How many more centuries are women going to have to deal with that crap?

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Avoidance allows perpetuation. The problem goes far beyond drama. It is deeply rooted in misogyny. How many more centuries are women going to have to deal with that crap?

Yes and there's no way to stop it. So you can harp at them against it, creating stress for yourself, or you can remove yourself from the situation and b, more of less,e stress-free (in a general sense of things.) This is true with any uncomfotable or undesirable situation. I'll be frank here, based on many or your posts, you strike me as someone dismayed with the way many things are. You can continue biting back, or you can just move on. Perosnally, is scenarios such as the thread-proper, I go with the latter in most cases. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

How can you tell .. not only are they all wearing fake beards, in the context of this scene they are all identifying as women, but I wouldn't put it pas Eric Idle to be playing a complicated double bluff.

Not sure how I can explain. Mostly knowing what to look for. Most men have a prominent adam's apple, while most women don't. Physical features that are more or less exclusive to either male or female. The quality of the picture is pretty low so it's hard to see details but they are there. Te one on the far left is obviously, to me, a woman. The one in the blue/purple in the center, her hands give her away. The one on the far right in the back with half a face (lol) is also obvious to me. The one to the right of the woman in the center with the striped <insert proper term I've momentarily forgotten> looks exactly like a guy I once knew... looks a bit like Donald Sutherland, too. A couple of others look like guys to me. If the image were clearer, I would be able to see if they are all women or not. I'd say the chances are they are all women.

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes and there's no way to stop it. So you can harp at them against it, creating stress for yourself, or you can remove yourself from the situation and b, more of less,e stress-free (in a general sense of things.) This is true with any uncomfotable or undesirable situation. I'll be frank here, based on many or your posts, you strike me as someone dismayed with the way many things are. You can continue biting back, or you can just move on. Perosnally, is scenarios such as the thread-proper, I go with the latter in most cases. :)

So just let it continue and we will remain second class citizens for however long Homo sapiens sapiens manages to survive, instead of fighting back and doing your part to make the world a better place for those who come after us. Eff that. I don't like being treated like a piece of property. I'm not an inanimate object. I am a human being.

3 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Someone will always think of you as a second-class anything, but only in their own feeble, simple mind. No one can make you feel like a second-class anything unless you allow them to.

Stupid forums quoted wrong person (again LOL) (Sorry, Cofee)

This is in response to @Selene Gregoire who said  "So just let it continue and we will remain second class citizens for however long Homo sapiens sapiens manages to survive, instead of fighting back and doing your part to make the world a better place for those who come after us. Eff that. I don't like being treated like a piece of property. I'm not an inanimate object. I am a human being."

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I think in my SL heyday, voice wasn't such a huge thing. At least, I was never given a demand to voice verify before a loser would deign to speak to me. To be fair, I was quite good at repelling a certain type of person quite quickly.

I certainly know that voice verification -- or demands for RL pics, etc. -- is a thing, and a sort of given in SL, but thinking about it, I actually don't know that I've ever been asked to voice for that reason, or send pics. (Although I was recently asked my bra size . . .)

What am I doing wrong????

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.