Jump to content
Tisori

Lines that annoy you most

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

had a funny one today.. it didn't annoy me.  It made me laugh but worth sharing in case anyone else gets a giggle

Him: hii
Me: (Cindy Evanier): hi
Him: i am male 21
Me: ok
Him: u
Me: I am male too
Him: ohhh
Him left chat range.
Him left the region.

I would have thought the line annoying you most right about now was the one waiting to get in to see "Aquaman".

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I would have thought the line annoying you most right about now was the one waiting to get in to see "Aquaman".

I wish I could go.  I am going to have to wait to watch it ilegally when its available online :/ 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offlines from strangers that are just a full stop.  (just got one and can't be bothered logging in yet to check

[12:01] [name removed] : .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Offlines from strangers that are just a full stop.  (just got one and can't be bothered logging in yet to check

[12:01] [name removed] : .

Actually I use that on my friends to see if they are online, ... online/offline status has been wonky for some month now... :/ (even my own alts - of whom I clearly do not withheld my online status - did not see me online more than once)

I would not bother they most likely got the information they wanted... you were really offline

PS: please don't use this on people you don't know - I consider it is some kind of stalking

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People that pile on drama.  I met a girl on SL that started telling me how sick she was in RL (in spite of having "I keep RL and SL strictly separate" in here profile.  There she had a friend that c=got cancer.  Them she had another friend who died without warning,  Then her niece committed suicide.  Seriously.  So I told her I thought she had Munchausen by proxy and was making me sad.  I unfriended her and now every time I log in there is a friend request from her.  Every,  Single.  Time.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Offlines from strangers that are just a full stop.  (just got one and can't be bothered logging in yet to check

[12:01] [name removed] : .

Quickest way to find out if you are online.  Why waste time typing out some sort of "annoying pickup line" when you are not online to appreciate it and continue with the pickup?  B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klaineanderson said:

 TP Effects with patricles which  fly around parcel

I received some of these as Christmas advent gifts.  I had never seen them before - well, granted, 75% of the time I have particles set to 0.  Anyway, my first thought was "Do people really TP around the grid with this crap?"  I never knew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Quickest way to find out if you are online.  Why waste time typing out some sort of "annoying pickup line" when you are not online to appreciate it and continue with the pickup?  B|

Stop messaging me then!  I am not online and you can't pick me up  (not after all the food I ate at Christmas and maybe still eating because to throw it away is wasteful) 👼

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
2 hours ago, Klaineanderson said:

 TP Effects with patricles which  fly around parcel

I received some of these as Christmas advent gifts.  I had never seen them before - well, granted, 75% of the time I have particles set to 0.  Anyway, my first thought was "Do people really TP around the grid with this crap?"  I never knew.

I created one of those once for a magic show.  I'd TP into the area, appearing with a loud BANG! and a cloud of smoke.  It was really rather effective.  It would get rather tiresome if I used it on a regular basis, but it was very effective in the show.  💥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

I created one of those once for a magic show.  I'd TP into the area, appearing with a loud BANG! and a cloud of smoke.  It was really rather effective.  It would get rather tiresome if I used it on a regular basis, but it was very effective in the show.  💥

Now that makes total sense and is appropriate for that usage.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone TP into random locations with any sort of effects showing, but then again, even if my particle setting is above zero, I'm typically camming around and likely wouldn't notice anyone land near me with poofers and such anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now that makes total sense and is appropriate for that usage.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone TP into random locations with any sort of effects showing, but then again, even if my particle setting is above zero, I'm typically camming around and likely wouldn't notice anyone land near me with poofers and such anyway.

I have seen them a lot around halloween with bats and stuff swirling about.    Often accompanied by those ao's where they keep checking if they stood in dog poop or bending over in some weird I've got painful wind check my bum pose.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'll keep some of these TP poofers for times when I get in a bad mood and wish to irritate the world.  Then I'll just randomly start TPing around the grid.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Him]: hi Lil!
[Him]: interesting look there hun!
[Me]: Do I know you?  What look are you commenting is interesting?
[Him]: no you dont! and your look!

First off, it is all I can do not to be super rude to people that immediately call me 'hun' (with no capital H even).   Then he has to combine that with exclamation points after every thought or half-thought.  And 'interesting' can be taken a few different ways -- I decided not to question it further.

I will give him points for reading my profile.  I assume he read my profile since he called me Lil - though he might have also read my signature here in the forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 5:07 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Anyway, my first thought was "Do people really TP around the grid with this crap?"

They do. However, I saw something a few days ago that I've not come across before: a sudden announcement of [AVATAR NAME] HAS JUST TELEPORTED IN!!! in local chat.

It wasn't a region announcer; it was that avatar's own little "Look, everyone! I've ARRIVED!" HUD... O.o

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yrs ago, it was always.. "hello, I want the sex" .. I always heard that phrase in my head with a German accent.  This is a short convo when I was shopping at Fameshed the other day:

[08:49] Him: hi
[08:49] (You): hello
[08:49] Him: are you interested sex?
[08:49] (You): no.. just shopping
[08:50] Him: I have bed
[08:50] (You): we all do
[08:50] Him: please

For some reason, this one had a Russian accent! Maybe it was the "I have bed" reply... hhmmmm 😑

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

They do. However, I saw something a few days ago that I've not come across before: a sudden announcement of [AVATAR NAME] HAS JUST TELEPORTED IN!!! in local chat.

It wasn't a region announcer; it was that avatar's own little "Look, everyone! I've ARRIVED!" HUD... O.o

 

screw-you-boardwalk-empire.gif?w=474

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've mentioned this elsewhere but I guess it's relevant to this thread. Back in the day, there was a fad for Gorean Masters to abduct women from the interactive one-on-one playgrounds and spirit them away to eternal slavery on the Counter Earth. On arrival, they would always use the same line: "I have brought you to another planet."

My response was always, "That explains why the duty free was so crap."

That was usually enough to get me sent back forthwith, but on one occasion, the Gorean Master went on to say, "Surely you can feel the lesser gravity." I responded that I could, and if it was true then the men here should be significantly weaker than on Earth, and if he didn't understand why then he should ask an astronaut.

And then I got sent back to Earth.

Don't know how all the Earth women in the books got stuck there forever, getting sent back home was a piece of p***.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...