Tisori

Lines that annoy you most

Anything involving over-familiarity from strangers:

"Hey cutiepie, that outfit is adorable" ..from someone who doesn't know me (from friends who know where we stand it's super-nice).

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

The most annoying line that I encounter is, "NO".

now you sound like Quinn  :)

• Haha 8

1) "Set RenderVolumeLodFactor to 9999 to see my crappy mesh as intended"

2) "Internal fixes"

3) "Soon™"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The thing I don't like is someone trying to turn something I said into something dirty. I just play dumb and act like it went over my head.. especially in the first five minutes of meeting someone..

With friends it's different because it's just goofing around.. But with someone I just met,it's kind of creepy..

I just stop replying when that happens.

• Like 1

I love "how are you?" from strangers.  Should I answer "Colorful in this vivid pixel world"  or "I'm not good because I've been constipated for days and I just ate some prunes so don't mind me if I go AFK."   :)  BTW, the latter works well when in a sexual rp and somebody IM's to ask what you are doing in rl. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

OK confession time, I am guilty of using this opening line:

Wanna grab a coffee because i like you a latte!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, DaphneDoodles said:

BTW, the latter works well when in a sexual rp and somebody IM's to ask what you are doing in rl. 

Not always.  Some people pay extra for that.

• Haha 7

"I know this sounds like a line but I absolutely mean it.  I was struck by your style the moment I saw you.  I am not trying to come one to you but I feel I just have to let you know that reading your profile has brightened my day and made a single happy moment in my life.  If you don't mind, %displayname%, may I add you as a friend?  I want to get to know you as a person."

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

"I know this sounds like a line but I absolutely mean it.  I was struck by your style the moment I saw you.  I am not trying to come one to you but I feel I just have to let you know that reading your profile has brightened my day and made a single happy moment in my life.  If you don't mind, %displayname%, may I add you as a friend?  I want to get to know you as a person."

Why is there no fingers down throat reaction button?? ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Why is there no fingers down throat reaction button?? ^_^

I have some equaly rude bento animations loaded in gestures :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The line in the store today...sigh. I walk a couple miles to get there, walk all over the store to get what I need, then stand in line forever, then had to go to another store because THIS one didn't have skewers..bastages. I should also add that I recently injured my leg (which has never healed from a previous break and has issues whenever it's inclined to do so)...

UGH

I loathe shopping in the first place, but apparently children these days need, well demand, food, who knew?

I don't think there are lines in sl that annoy me as much as they do others. I simply ignore people I don't want to talk to and close the IM, I don't let it get to me. Even if I have to deal with a customer who's being particularly ornery, I close the IM and wait for them to act civilized again(some do, some don't), lol. The forums, however, there are some lines people cross that irritate the living crap out of me, but it's a personal hangup and not likely one most others have...so I keep most of my irritation to myself. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

OK confession time, I am guilty of using this opening line:

Wanna grab a coffee because i like you a latte!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Tisori said:

I was randomly thinking and the question of .... when you first meet some one, or even some one you have known for a short time, what random line seems to annoy you most ? I have had a couple but I know others have had more .  I am just curious as to what they might be . Biggest one for me, when I  haven't even met a person and instead of saying hi or hello its, " hey baby want to have sex ? "  or " I'll make you wish you were never with another guy " . What are some of your biggest line annoyances  in SL ?

Well, wow, zowwee. you must be one hot bit of stuffs to be getting all these awful people (you mean, of course, men) .....gasp.....asking for pixel sex!  I am shocked, honest....I mean whatever next?  

I wish that was all I had to worry about, either in SL or RL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hoshi Kenin said:

Well, wow, zowwee. you must be one hot bit of stuffs to be getting all these awful people (you mean, of course, men) .....gasp.....asking for pixel sex!  I am shocked, honest....I mean whatever next?  

I wish that was all I had to worry about, either in SL or RL!

Its not so much that I worry about any , but as much as get annoyed with it. There is many other lines and things that after hearing non stop, it does get old .  Its actually hard at times to find a nice conversation with out something coming up . Yes its pixel sex and yes I also point this out .  .  ( and no, not just men ) . I think the comments come from men or women, but does it honestly matter ? I was just curious as to what lines people use that tend to bother people in SL , and from the looks of it, there is plenty .  If posting this topic on what can be annoying at times in SL does seem to bother you then I do apologize . I just figured Im sure others also have had the same experiences as my self . I also get annoyed with people who talk baby talk to me in game .  Yes I know, its petty but it annoys me just as much in real life as it does in SL . 

Edited by Tisori
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Anything involving over-familiarity from strangers:

"Hey cutiepie, that outfit is adorable" ..from someone who doesn't know me (from friends who know where we stand it's super-nice).

I don't know why some people do that. I came to assume it must be cultural differences.

• Like 2

Besides the obvious "hi".. followed by total silence, or the "how are you" type IM's.

What irritates me most is when someone, always a male ava, asks me to justify preferences within my profile because they don't fit.

I don't reply.

Edited by Candice LittleBoots
  • Like 6

"Ah, so you're a guy, ok" - usually after I decline a random voice invitation. That's an express ticket to crankytown, and no one enjoys that ride.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

What irritates me most is when someone, always a male ava, asks me to justify preferences within my profile because they don't fit.

See it from the bright side: At least they cared to read your profile. :D

• Haha 1

"what are you hiding" if I don't want to give some RL info and / or I don't want to voice. 

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Hoshi Kenin said:

Wow, your panties sure twisted up over someone posting a simple conversation thread.  Regardless of what you are dealing with in SL or RL, there is no reason to be nasty to someone simply for giving their opinion on something and asking for others to do the same.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone who opens an IM with a modified version of my name. “Mandy” or “Manda” really gets my hackles in an unroar :-)

Eapecially as a prelude to “that’s a hawt avatar”..

I have no issues with friends and especially my Partner using nick-names  or familiar names for me - but total strangers doing it kinda creeps me out......

Thats probably a generational more ....

36 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

Anyone who opens an IM with a modified version of my name. “Mandy” or “Manda” really gets my hackles in an unroar :-)

Eapecially as a prelude to “that’s a hawt avatar”..

I have no issues with friends and especially my Partner using nick-names  or familiar names for me - but total strangers doing it kinda creeps me out......

Thats probably a generational more ....

So I should probably not call you panda then, huh? 

(ftr..I would never do that to someone I don't know, lol, but I have a little niece in rl that insists her name is Amanda-it's not-so I must call her Manda Panda) 

Edited by Tari Landar