Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I’ve been saying this for a long time now. Someone must be playing along.

Or.....someone just isn’t getting it.....repeatedly.

I guess I understand why a guy would do that as it doesn't cost anything but scorn.  But seriously why would any woman respond well to it?  Ugh....

On 11/15/2018 at 3:30 AM, BelindaN said:

The thing is, attractive mesh male Avis are rare in world. I can't say I've ever seen one and thought WOW!

I have seen some super hot guys in world.  Maybe fewer than I'd like, but still hot.  A lot of it is how they take care of themselves too.  Way to many guys go cheap but the ones that don't, and know how to look good, are a lot more likely to get an IM from me!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Donna Underall said:

I'm sure this is true.  But who gets more?  :P

Heh, I know for sure that female avatars recieve a larger number of creep messages. The few times I have worn a female avatar I have ended up surrounded by naked/semi-naked horny males with their tongues hanging out, panting like a dog on a hot day.

...and one avatar with large breasts and oversized male parts as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never had that ^^^^^,  maybe I stay in safer sims, or maybe I'm just too new.

I'm happy to chat with anybody, M or F, that's the truth. But like Tali has said in another thread, there will be times when I can't drop everything to hang out. My time in world is erratic and often short, and I do have old friends who I hang out with when they are on with me. So any guy hitting on me, if he passes the first test will need patience, and most do not.

It's all about balance. But why guys are not just happy to hang out........I guess it's like RL, they always want more and 'lets just be friends' is rarely welcome.

Here it's much faster and some guys want it all now.................then I guess they move on..............

Very occasionally I have come across a naked guy with big accessories, but that would be a reason not to chat. Anyone who wanders about naked......Hmmm,

Today I was out dancing with my SL bf and best gf, and was hit on by a guy who wanted to tp me away. He had no shirt on so that was an immediate fail. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Here it's much faster and some guys want it all now.................then I guess they move on..............

Very occasionally I have come across a naked guy with big accessories, but that would be a reason not to chat. Anyone who wanders about naked......Hmmm,

Today I was out dancing with my SL bf and best gf, and was hit on by a guy who wanted to tp me away. He had no shirt on so that was an immediate fail. :)

IKR!  Guys in SL want it NOW and they just want to say "I want it" and that's that.  A guy would never talk tome like that in RL or risk a kick to the crotch.

Beach boy erections  :P  ew just go away, beach boy!

Those guys are THE WORST.  Trying to flirt with me while I'm dancing with someone is a big red flag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

When this happens to me, I share the guy's IMs with my partners.  We get a lot of laughs that way.  I don't tell the guy, though.  Unless he is really a total jerk...then I show him that we're laughing at him.

• Like 2

People that IM you and then proceed to ask a whole raft of questions about your RL and skew the conversation to RL when you try to chat about SL because you don't want to reveal personal information, no stranger needs to know your RL age/name/occupation so you make something up or use your SL. had it with someone new to SL

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

I have seen some super hot guys in world.  Maybe fewer than I'd like, but still hot.  A lot of it is how they take care of themselves too.  Way to many guys go cheap but the ones that don't, and know how to look good, are a lot more likely to get an IM from me!

Yes me too. It shows they put in effort.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, Callum Meriman said:

Mmm, profiles. There are a HUGE number of creepsters who don't know how to read them

Creepy Lady with 50ZZ breasts: your cute (sic)
Me: Daww, thanks
Creepy Lady with 50ZZ breasts: wanna **
<click>

(I know in real life that Lady with the 50Z breasts is likely male and a 50 year old Truck Driver with a large belly, but I'm one of those weird immersionists who looks at the gender of the pixels, not the person behind them)

Well, I was walking around inworld with my female av, and I get an IM from some dude. First thing he asks "are you male?"

...wow

• Haha 3

And at that same place (it was crowded), I get an IM from another dude just saying the usual hi, how are you so I replied to that. I since moved on from that region.. even logged out and logged back in a few hours later and I get an IM from him again, saying hi. I asked him where we met because I wasn't sure at that point. He says "I don't know" and then.. "do you want to come over my place?"

Sure.. you don't even remember how we met, so I'll come right over. If an approach like that has zero chance of being successful irl... why would one even try that in sl!?

ETA: The nerve! ?

Edited by Hollie Leavitt
  • Like 3

On 6/1/2018 at 4:15 AM, angeoco said:

"How are you?" from somebody I don't know, in fact almost anybody. It's just lazy, shifting the burden onto me to get the chat going when I never asked to chat with them in the first place. Any anyway do they really want to know all the details of my diarrhoea and chemotherapy*?

* Joking of course

"Well, I"ve had a nonstop 24/7 headache save a 48 hour time span since June- going on 7 months now.  Since it began I've found out I have a likely benign brain tumor that is inoperable. My mother in law just died and the medication I have been on to try to fix the headaches (did not help) gave me tremendous stomach issues so I haven't been out of the house in weeks.  But I know now I have cluster headaches cause by sleep apnea.  How you doin?"

• Like 3

There's no single line that really annoys me, I could do a top ten though xD. What really annoys me, is I'm a domme in SL when I RP< so I get a lot of " I bet you haven't met the right dom yet ;)" Or " I bet I could get you to submit"...Oh yeah sure...Your pixels really make my physic's layer tremble O.o

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

[Begin rant] :S

This! (Happened just today.)
"Land-Security Orb 3.5.75: Warning! You have entered private property, coby foden! You have 10 seconds to leave the area, or else you will be automatically forced to leave."

First of all the orb cannot even tell my name properly! It's Coby Foden, not coby foden. ¬¬

I was walking along a beach. There was a narrow Linden land area there. While admiring the scenery while walking I happened to step on their land and bam! The security orb was actively monitoring the land where nobody was at home. :P

Ten seconds warning time is just plain ridiculous! Aargghh...  :(
Why cannot those orbs just move the avatar away from the parcel?
Sending back home really sucks while you are exploring places.

[End of rant] xD😉

• Like 4

On 11/17/2018 at 12:42 AM, IvyLarae said:

There's no single line that really annoys me, I could do a top ten though xD. What really annoys me, is I'm a domme in SL when I RP< so I get a lot of " I bet you haven't met the right dom yet ;)" Or " I bet I could get you to submit"...Oh yeah sure...Your pixels really make my physic's layer tremble O.o

OMG I hate that.  "You just haven't met the right (fill in the blank) so you should come with me."  If I could only set them on fire....

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2018 at 9:06 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

People that IM you and then proceed to ask a whole raft of questions about your RL and skew the conversation to RL when you try to chat about SL because you don't want to reveal personal information, no stranger needs to know your RL age/name/occupation so you make something up or use your SL. had it with someone new to SL

Lately when Mr. Random who is nowhere near me in a sim IMs with "Hi" and the the old "where are you from and how old are you?" I've been replying, "I am from Venus and am 637 of your Earth years old." That either leads to silence, "OK" followed by silence or, very rarely, an interesting conversation.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Lately when Mr. Random who is nowhere near me in a sim IMs with "Hi" and the the old "where are you from and how old are you?" I've been replying, "I am from Venus and am 637 of your Earth years old." That either leads to silence, "OK" followed by silence or, very rarely, an interesting conversation.

Those answers are easy! 

• He: "Where are you from?"
  • Me: "Sagitatta"
  • He: Where is that?"
  • Me: "Heterocera Atoll" (I just give region name then I tell continent name if they ask where it is)
  • He: "How old are you?"
  • Me: "Let me check profile rez date so I can be accurate"
Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Ten seconds warning time is just plain ridiculous! Aargghh...  :(

I'll presume you haven't experienced the dreaded zero-warning, zero-seconds setting on those. After you do you'll proclaim ten seconds to be generous. Bahahaha

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.