Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/14/2018 at 12:35 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

2) I'm not sure if all of the accounts of receiving pick-up lines here are from women, but certainly the vast majority are. Why? 

We get them too. Random creeps (both male and female creeps) are a very common experience for male avatars too.

• Thanks 1

The thing is, attractive mesh male Avis are rare in world. I can't say I've ever seen one and thought WOW!

That's not to say I'm a mesh snob. I've hung out with system avi guys who have been very good company, and without having sex with them. But I'm still waiting to meet a guy in world who is physically irresistable. Then I'll hit on him.......... :)

Obviously in the above I don't include the super male avis who pose on the vanity threads!!! I've never encountered one of them in world.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

The thing is, attractive mesh male Avis are rare in world. I can't say I've ever seen one and thought WOW!

That's not to say I'm a mesh snob. I've hung out with system avi guys who have been very good company, and without having sex with them. But I'm still waiting to meet a guy in world who is physically irresistable. Then I'll hit on him.......... :)

Obviously in the above I don't include the super male avis who pose on the vanity threads!!! I've never encountered one of them in world.

oh I managed to see them out and about - they´re real... they exist ;) But then I don´t hit on people XD I do leave a "whoa...love the look" in local when I pass by but I do that on gals and guys alike XD

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

The thing is, attractive mesh male Avis are rare in world.

Hmm. This is why "Queer eye for the straight guy" is a thing!

Maybe Sexy/Cute avatars are more common in Gay circles, because there are a lot of them. Just look at Skell, Patch, Ethan and other Gay men on the forums. :D

(Me, I'm not cute, just a kitten)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Maybe Sexy/Cute avatars are more common in Gay circles, because there are a lot of them. Just look at Skell, Patch, Ethan and other Gay men on the forums. :D

Yeah I think you have a point. I'd be happy to hang out with a gay guy......haha!   No unhidden agenda to deal with.....................

19 hours ago, BelindaN said:

OK, following my earlier post, this was the full chat last night.

Can somebody please interpret what this guy was going on about????

Is there some sort of left eye secret society here????? I feel under-informed..........well, maybe more stupid than a usual day hehe!

Remember this came off sim, so I never saw the guy. Whether he had seen me earlier is another matter of course!!!

[2018/11/13 10:28] *****: hey

[2018/11/13 10:30] *****: are you there?

[2018/11/13 10:30] Belinda: Do I know you *****????

[2018/11/13 10:30] *****: No but I saw your profile picture and I am curious if you showed only left eye on purpose :P

[2018/11/13 10:32] *****: It is random picture or you are enlightened?

[2018/11/13 10:37] Belinda: Sorry I don't understand your question?

[2018/11/13 10:38] *****: Showing left eye means good side and being enlightened

[2018/11/13 10:39] *****: you will understand one day :P

[2018/11/13 10:39] Belinda: That profile picture was taken by a guy I didn't know just after I started here.........

[2018/11/13 10:40] *****: It is not rule in SL or something

[2018/11/13 10:40] Belinda: ??

[2018/11/13 10:41] *****: It is hard to explain

[2018/11/13 10:42] Belinda: Yeah you're way over my head I'm afraid *****. Where did you come across my profile picture?

[2018/11/13 10:44] *****: I was just looking at second life website online users cause there is something wrong with my pc and I can currently now use only text viewer so I thought I will find someone to chat with :P

[2018/11/13 10:44] Belinda: Oh OK.

[2018/11/13 10:44] Belinda: Not the forum then.

[2018/11/13 10:45] *****: but if you are watching movies or listening to music pay attention to symbols on pictures

[2018/11/13 10:45] *****: you will understand what I meant with that left eye

[2018/11/13 10:46] Belinda: Hmm. OK

[2018/11/13 10:46] *****: have a nice day ?

[2018/11/13 10:47] Belinda: You too!

Oh no... oh no... ?

2 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing when I was perusing the "How Does Your Avatar look today?" thread... bah, all the good ones are gay haha!

It must not be true, but it sure seems that way at a glance! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

7 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Yeah I think you have a point. I'd be happy to hang out with a gay guy......haha!   No unhidden agenda to deal with.....................

Yes, yes, these.

I found a dance club and visited, sexy and promiscuous. It also is the *only* club/dance venue where they made me feel *genuinely* welcomed, very friendly. Not just stupid copy/paste (Welcome, [accountname], HRU?" (then they go back to their cliquish behavior.) No, this place was different and I couldn't tell why.

It took me a while before I realized I was the only woman in the whole place. And then I started camming at the *dayam, these is hunks* avies and perving profiles.

It's a gay bar! No wonder no one was hitting on me! (and dayam they are all really great-looking!) That place is now in my favorite landmarks list and I visit often and *always* feel welcomed, so friendly there. Those guys are great! Friendly! And, well, genuine and real. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

It's a gay bar! No wonder no one was hitting on me! (and dayam they are all really great-looking!) That place is now in my favorite landmarks list and I visit often and *always* feel welcomed, so friendly there. Those guys are great! Friendly! And, well, genuine and real. :D

I've never tried it in SL, but in RL, some gfs and I used to dance regularly at a nearby gay club (generally accompanied by a gay friend) for exactly this reason. It was the nicest place!!!

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

If you had gotten as many IMs as I have that said nothing more than "hi" or "hi how are you" and then complete silence, you'd be just as annoyed by it. If that is all you have to say (and it usually is) then don't bother IMing. Life is too short to sit around and wait for someone who has no intentions of responding.

Makes me wish the SLU archive was up so I could direct you to a thread that discusses this exact same topic. You would find it very enlightening. 

Ooh ok. I get that then ? I wish I could see that thread too. I guess I haven't been in-world very often enough to experience a lot of things. So, maybe once I do get into it more I'll have the same frustration.. then again I might not if this mainly happens to women on here (as it appears to, just by going off of what I'm seeing). 

1 minute ago, SirParadox said:

Ooh ok. I get that then ? I wish I could see that thread too. I guess I haven't been in-world very often enough to experience a lot of things. So, maybe once I do get into it more I'll have the same frustration.. then again I might not if this mainly happens to women on here (as it appears to, just by going off of what I'm seeing). 

The thread I mentioned shows that it does happen more to female avatars than it does to male. Most of those female avatars are female in RL. So your assumption in that regard is correct. :)

• Like 2

On 11/13/2018 at 4:25 PM, SirParadox said:

[...] When someone copies and pastes something from my profile and goes "this has me interested"... and it's basically my whole profile. Obviously the profile is there for other people to read (not for me to read again), and start conversations with [...]

Alas, I’ve gotten more mileage of the few who opened saying they hated my profile or what it conveys about me, than the tons who either didn’t read it or didn’t care what it says, and just went with my looks (and the hope to get, um, better ones). At least with the former you get the feeling that it’s brains interacting, and not lower body parts.

I do understand your argument, though, and always made a point not to prejudge and become evasive–or downright inaccessible–until I see clear hints that that’s what the other is angling for. Heck, half of the times the conversation goes on even after that, for as long as they won’t lose patience with my trying to steer it elsewhere. Usually it’s new players whom I assume just got the wrong impression of what SL is dedicated to, and give them an honest chance to realize it’s so much more than that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ren Toxx said:

Alas, I’ve gotten more mileage of the few who opened saying they hated my profile or what it conveys about me, than the tons who either didn’t read it or didn’t care what it says

Mmm, profiles. There are a HUGE number of creepsters who don't know how to read them

Creepy Lady with 50ZZ breasts: your cute (sic)
Me: Daww, thanks
Creepy Lady with 50ZZ breasts: wanna **
<click>

(I know in real life that Lady with the 50Z breasts is likely male and a 50 year old Truck Driver with a large belly, but I'm one of those weird immersionists who looks at the gender of the pixels, not the person behind them)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Basically it's this:

Who cares about success rate, a bullseye is a bullseye, right?

I dunno, I get that. It’s just....ugh...so....crazy.

If something wasn’t working for me, I’d change it. So it has to be working on some level.

Guess I’m wired differently.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.