Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I also find it incredibly obnoxious when I try to talk in group chat and inevitably there is some creeper (usually several) who take it as an invitation to a private IM session.

It always happens, without fail. I'll either try to start a group chat session, or respond to one that someone else started, and within minutes some creep I don't know from Adam will ignore the group chat and just IM me. Usually with some variation of "hi" followed up with some passive aggressive comment when I don't respond.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Penny Patton said:

I also find it incredibly obnoxious when I try to talk in group chat and inevitably there is some creeper (usually several) who take it as an invitation to a private IM session.

It always happens, without fail. I'll either try to start a group chat session, or respond to one that someone else started, and within minutes some creep I don't know from Adam will ignore the group chat and just IM me. Usually with some variation of "hi" followed up with some passive aggressive comment when I don't respond.

To be fair group chats pretty often suck. I had to IM several people recently with an opening line "Sorry group chat ate my answers, hence IM" to help them...

Edited by Fionalein

1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

So I should probably not call you panda then, huh? 

(ftr..I would never do that to someone I don't know, lol, but I have a little niece in rl that insists her name is Amanda-it's not-so I must call her Manda Panda) 

You can call me “Panda” friend :-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

To be fair group chats pretty often suck. I had to IM several people recently with an opening line "Sorry group chat ate my answers, hence IM" to help them...

That's totally different. If someone sends me an IM because their response or part of the ongoing conversation was lost as another sacrifice to the Linden Server Gods, that's fine.

I'm talking about  trying to have a conversation with a group of people and having that creepy person try and drag you away from public chat so they can hit on you one on one. I'm all for flirting in public then taking it private after hitting it off with someone, but if I don't know you, don't IM me for the sole purpose of awkwardly hitting on me then get butthurt when I give you the cold shoulder. At the very least take the hint gracefully. You know?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Don't you love those IMs where some submissive explains you in details exactly how you're going to dominate him/her, while presenting it simultaneously as "serving" you ?

Well, theoretically that’s how BDSM works - but the idea is to be more sophisticated about how this is communicated.

Those kind of detailed “limits”  posts are “instant gratification culture” at work.

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1

Just now, AmandaKeen said:

Well, theoretically that’s how BDSM works - but the idea is to be more sophisticated about how this is communicated.

Those kind of posts are “instant gratification culture” at work.

They also typically TP away if you don't answer in the next 5 minutes.

• Like 1

As it’s turned into an “annoying lines” compilation, here’s another usual I just got again: “can I have your [social media] account?”.

Still doesn’t bother me, they get the same as with most anything else from this thread: a headache.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

There are some goodies in here. 

The one that gets under my skin lately is “What are you doing” or “WYD?” I’m talking about someone on the same sim that can see you.

The one that cracked me up, made me spit my soda out last week went like this:

*ding ding*

Rando: Your avi looks just like my baby mother RL!

Me: *I’m not sure where he’s going to go* Ok?

Long pause

Rando: Same look, same style...*another long pause* same big t***ys.

That wasn’t the funny part. When I closed the box he was standing in front of me in a static pose with his mouth hanging open. I walked away from him and he followed me around like that until I tp’d away.

Then he IMs me again.

Rando: You even treat me like her :(

• Haha 7

I'm dancing with my friend in some club. Then some guy standing further away IMs me with single word "hi". And then silence. :S
Naturally the proper way to do it is to say "Excuse me if I'm disturbing, but..." and then explain why they are IMing.
That would be ok, and many nice persons even do that.

• Like 4

On 6/1/2018 at 4:59 AM, Fionalein said:

The usual opener I get is: "You look beautiful" Somtimes it is an innocent compliment but most of the time... I started answering "I better do - I payed a good bunch of Lindens to do so."

SO MUCH THIS!!! lol! Or, "You have such a sexy avie". It's almost never an innocent compliment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.