Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

He proceeded after about a minute into the conversation to belittle me, call me vulgar names, calling me rude and claiming he's gonna have me banned from ALL RP sims and groups because I simply didn't have the same beliefs he had ( I admit I started ripping into him too once i seen he wasn't gonna be respectful towards me, but where I think he was getting offended by it, I was amused and playing a long because it was one of the bizarrest and cringiest arguments I've ever had xD)

You were probably conversing with a psychopath. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

"not being a snowflake"

Anyone unironically using snowflake is outing themselves as a red-pill, 'normie' neck-beard.

It's the Kevin James syndrome. The 'loveable' 'jokester' schlub who expects to land the hot wife ( like James' characters) with little to no effort on their part and a good dose of mysogny while bypassing non-trophy women as beneath them.

• Like 4

People initiating roleplay in IMs without even saying hello first. I'll play along maybe 1/100 times if you have an avatar so stunning it literally takes my breath away, and the stars align, but generally it just makes me feel pressured as hell.

Also any mention of entitlement, particularly if it's from a merchant who I bought something that doesn't work from. These darn millennials feeling entitled to functional products that do what the product listing says! Ye gawds!

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Also any mention of entitlement, particularly if it's from a merchant who I bought something that doesn't work from. These darn millennials feeling entitled to functional products that do what the product listing says! Ye gawds!

People who buy my products without reading the listing details, and then complaining that it doesn't work like they wanted it to.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

People initiating roleplay in IMs without even saying hello first. I'll play along maybe 1/100 times if you have an avatar so stunning it literally takes my breath away, and the stars align, but generally it just makes me feel pressured as hell.

Bonus points if that wall of roleplay can be reduced down to some dude just existing in my vague vicinity. No introduction or question or anything else that might start a conversation. Either that, or he takes seven paragraphs to say "/me thinks m'lady wants some of the intellectual D *tips fedora*". Top score if I'm on an anypose stand at the time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The typical " Hi your hot ;) " following by a " How are you? " or " What is a girl like you doing her? :) " as much as those are boring and way to common I tend to get more annoyed when people start with their questions like " Why does females/males do this and that? " When it's obvious that everything doesn't got to do with gender, but rather personality. I don't feel like explaining exactly that to a person who doesn't own any common sense. And I don't want to feel like a exotic species that got to answer for themselves.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PixelBerry said:

The typical " Hi your hot ;) " following by a " How are you? " or " What is a girl like you doing her? :) " as much as those are boring and way to common I tend to get more annoyed when people start with their questions like " Why does females/males do this and that? " When it's obvious that everything doesn't got to do with gender, but rather personality. I don't feel like explaining exactly that to a person who doesn't own any common sense. And I don't want to feel like a exotic species that got to answer for themselves.

All that is annoying.  But when I get a bad feeling about a guy, he can say whatever he wants and I just immediately want him to go away.

• Like 3

^^^^ And its surprising how many vibes come from so little chat.

But y'know what? This pattern of.......>

hi.......

Chat......sometimes stilted....

Friend request..... then if granted.......

*crickets* even when you see them on line time after time.

So I rarely friend after one chat.....and the *crickets* team just get defriended.

*scratches head and wonders what its all about*

Edited by BelindaN
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 7:46 PM, Cinos Field said:

My way to completely remove the pressure of feeling you need to answer someone like that, or any "Hi, your hot" IM is permanently having an AFK message active, Everyone who IMs me gets the "Sorry I am AFK" reply. Friends know this, and I respond to them anyway, unless I really am AFK. And the above mentioned messages can just be ignored because your AFK.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

My way to completely remove the pressure of feeling you need to answer someone like that, or any "Hi, your hot" IM is permanently having an AFK message active, Everyone who IMs me gets the "Sorry I am AFK" reply. Friends know this, and I respond to them anyway, unless I really am AFK. And the above mentioned messages can just be ignored because your AFK.

I use Firestorm's  "autorespond to non-friends" feature; it works great for the  'hi hru'  crowd.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

6 hours ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

I use Firestorm's  "autorespond to non-friends" feature; it works great for the  'hi hru'  crowd.

I used to give an AFK message to non-friends only, via the Firestorm option.  People tended to disbelieve it when they saw me moving around the sim.  I've since changed it to something like "I'm currently focusing on exploring, shopping, or hunting, and therefore will likely not notice this for while.  Depending on your message and how long before I notice, I might send a reply at that time."

• Like 1

There's something far worse........

So I sometimes go dancing at a crowded laggy blues club. Yeah I know.  I should have better things to do like taking photos at Lutz.

Anyways I Iike people watching so there! In all the times I've been there, I've never been hit on, which is mildly irritating but there you go.

Today, Ellie went for the first time. Within 30 seconds she had two complimentary hits and spent some time dancing with a very nice older guy with good conversation.

Now that's really irritating! I've made a more attractive avi than me! 🤣

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

There's something far worse........

So I sometimes go dancing at a crowded laggy blues club. Yeah I know.  I should have better things to do like taking photos at Lutz.

Anyways I Iike people watching so there! In all the times I've been there, I've never been hit on, which is mildly irritating but there you go.

Today, Ellie went for the first time. Within 30 seconds she had two complimentary hits and spent some time dancing with a very nice older guy with good conversation.

Now that's really irritating! I've made a more attractive avi than me! 🤣

If it's the laggy popular blues club I think it is, I just stopped going there. Three quarters of the time public chat is utterly silent, because everyone is busy hitting on everyone else in IM.

BOOOOOOOORING . . .

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If it's the laggy popular blues club I think it is, I just stopped going there. Three quarters of the time public chat is utterly silent, because everyone is busy hitting on everyone else in IM.

BOOOOOOOORING . . .

You should come to the laggy popular blues club ( I think laggy and popular seem to be interconnected when it comes to blues clubs or perhaps any club but I would not know about any other than blues) where I work instead. It has much less of that meat market feel and usually has a lively public chat going on. 

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

You should come to the laggy popular blues club ( I think laggy and popular seem to be interconnected when it comes to blues clubs or perhaps any club but I would not know about any other than blues) where I work instead. It has much less of that meat market feel and usually has a lively public chat going on. 

I've been to the laggy popular blues club that you work at (although not recently), and I like it!

I don't know why I have tended to go to the other popular laggy blues club -- except that I have old friends who go there.

• Like 1

Usually a poorly constructed roleplay from some random that YOU CAN TELL just wants to bump pixels. A for effort, but no thanks.

There was one time this "fake dom" insulted me in DMs (but tried to make it in a way that would supposedly '''turn me on''') I guess, which didn't work. I'm like...y'know, you can't just approach someone like that. I hate fakedoms LOL. That's now how the bond is supposed to work you gotta earn that trust, earn that respect. Also, I was at a beach just minding my own business. What a weirdo.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.