Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a weird one the other day.

*ding ding*

Rando: You like have voice sex?

Me: *nothing, I don’t respond*

Rando: ???

Me: *still ignores*

Rando: Your avatar beautiful

*Rando paid you 100L$*

This wasn’t at a sex place, it was at a shopping event. So I spent it and went home.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, janetosilio said:

*ding ding*

*Rando paid you 100L$*

This wasn’t at a sex place, it was at a shopping event. So I spent it and went home.

LMAO...that's exactly what I've would've done. I've had similar encounters like this in various places. Except some time I would even get inventory gifts like a single rose or bouquet of roses or something else.

Quite odd... 😬

• Like 1

6 hours ago, janetosilio said:

*ding ding*

*Rando paid you 100L$*

We need more Randos by the sound of this haha!

Today, I was just about to start my Avatar Safety class at Caledon Oxbridge.  I'm standing at the door to the classroom, welcoming students.  A brand new person comes in, and I welcome him in local chat.  No reply.

But, in IM:

Noob:  You sexy.

Me: silence.  About ten seconds later, 

Noob: F*** you.  Noob departs.

I mean, talk about wanting instant gratification.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

*waves at you and smiles*

Yes. because my eyesight is so amazing. I was able to see to see your smile through solid rock, and across an entire sim.

All this despite the fact, that you're facing in a completly different direction to where I'm standing. 🙄

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
typo

I had a selection box last week.

Starting with "want to hang out"

Me "don't mind" 

"Want to dance?"

Me "Where? A club?"

"I know a beach".............. ok so I play along.......he sends a tp..........it's  his place....on a beach I grant you.

We dance a while. He asks if he can dance naked. I agree but "any funny business and I'm gone" . Biggest balls I've ever seen flailing around......

"Can I see your butt?" ......No

"Show me your breasts?" ......No

A bit more chat follows....all leading to sex. I'm just about to bail when poof...without a word he's gone.

No further trace.

Fleetwood Mac........ Players only love you when they're playing........ ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I had a selection box last week.

Starting with "want to hang out"

Me "don't mind" 

"Want to dance?"

Me "Where? A club?"

"I know a beach".............. ok so I play along.......he sends a tp..........it's  his place....on a beach I grant you.

We dance a while. He asks if he can dance naked. I agree but "any funny business and I'm gone" . Biggest balls I've ever seen flailing around......

"Can I see your butt?" ......No

"Show me your breasts?" ......No

A bit more chat follows....all leading to sex. I'm just about to bail when poof...without a word he's gone.

No further trace.

Fleetwood Mac........ Players only love you when they're playing........ ;)

i REALLY need an "angry" reaction at times...
and you need an award for your charitable work... why do you even put up with this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

i REALLY need an "angry" reaction at times...
and you need an award for your charitable work... why do you even put up with this?

I see it as providing therapy to the needy. In some cases very needy. To be honest this doesn't happen often, and had he said it was his place I wouldn't have gone, so his dishonesty wrecked any prospects. But I'm curious and just go along with it until I've had enough.

When he'd gone I scoped the place. Big house, not much furniture. One bedroom, no bathroom, so typical SL guy.

The bed was as accomplished as I've seen. Multi user and massive options...………..Yeah I'm open to awards any time!!!. My best gf calls me Saint Belinda...…...hehe!

• Like 1

what Belinda said, reminded me about one guy who did almost exactly the same. He invited me to his beach house, we were chatting and making jokes, then suddenly he started to play with the animations and instead of sitting on two separate pillows, we were cuddling. I told him that it made me uncomfortable, so I heard "come on, don't be so tense, we are just having fun, aren't we". Well, I didn't and even if this was "only SL", it was very annoying and really uncomfortable.

• Like 2

This is one of my pet peeves as well, the animation switching during friendly chats. No, I do not want an unsolicited back rub or cuddle, thank you very much.

On a related note, I was trying out animations during furniture shopping the other night when some rando sits down next to me and starts switching all the animations. Who does that?!?!

To bring it back to the topic, I usually am not annoyed by lines... I ignore if not interested. But a few times I have had the opening line involve some sort of physical violence towards my avi when not on a role play sim. I wonder how often those lines work for them. 🧐

Edited by Eva Knoller
Adding stuff

The "players" are only here to make out with girls, and they swarm around the adult beaches and some clubs. The long standing vet players are some of the worst, being arrogant beyond belief. But when I'm in the mood for sparring I'll take them on until I've had enough. They're often well crafted avis but with a bit too much Alpha male going on. 

Some of the most engaging guys I've met have been basic avis and quite new. Some have been utterly charming. 

But there's more fun to be had out with the girls. Better conversation and interaction, and lasting friendship. And lots of photos. :)

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

"If you're not in the target group of my ultra-specific post on this open forum where anyone can comment on anything, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RESPOND!"

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

“I am dramatic and desperate but DO NOT RESPOND HERE, message me inworld.”

Those seem to emerge more often recently,.... is this a new kind of snowflake-ism?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, maybe trolls?

It's easy to think that... but then I remember when I worked in retail, and suddenly it's not surprising at all :D

As is usually the case with anything involving online discussions, there's likely to be an indistinguishable mix of the deceptively malicious, the ineptly malicious and the simply uneducated. The best way to react (in my opinion) is to expect the best of people, that they're well-intentioned but simply misinformed.

• Like 4

I doubt they are trolls. Many people these days aren't used to forums anymore (thanks Social Media!...) and have a weird mix of paper-thin skin and entitledment to them. They often think they "own" the forum threads started by them and would have a special say on how can and can not comment. Ironically, those statements make me want to do exactly what they try to forbid.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.