Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just another friend request out of the blue today, plus two sentences off sim from a stranger about having just crashed out. Not sure what that was about. It was well constructed but without context. How you IM a random person after crashing out is beyond me, so I suspect it was a cunning opening style......

Neither got a response. I don't have time for it!

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
10 hours ago, Isenofia said:

bad customer service

People actually say that to you?  I wonder what they mean by it.

:SwingingFriends:

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People actually say that to you?  I wonder what they mean by it.

:SwingingFriends:

meow . . . !

Let me see if I understand this train of thought.

Cats think everybody gives bad customer service?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Let me see if I understand this train of thought.

Cats think everybody gives bad customer service?

Cats are notoriously self-centered.  The best customer review I would ever expect from a cat would be a begrudging "Meh," which is slightly above a "Meow."

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Is that wise?

Have you ever dealt with (or smelled) scorched cat?

Wise? Me?

It's no worse than scorched self, which I've smelled more times than I care to remember.

My parents often scolded me for encouraging the cat's behavior. I was always fascinated by his hunting instincts, and never missed a chance to become his prey. He was almost as large as a bobcat and usually played nice, but if I got him too excited (and you know how much I love to do that to creatures), I'd pay the price. I received a few scratches over the years, but it was well worth it to engage in the kind of play we both enjoyed.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My parents often scolded me for encouraging the cat's behavior. I was always fascinated by his hunting instincts, and never missed a chance to become his prey. He was almost as large as a bobcat and usually played nice, but if I got him too excited (and you know how much I love to do that to creatures), I'd pay the price. I received a few scratches over the years, but it was well worth it to engage in the kind of play we both enjoyed.

As long as it's consensual, I won't be judging.

I'm obviously less adventurous, and prefer to be on the giving rather than the receiving end of scratches. Unfortunately, I'm a fairly incompetent cat, and often ending up wounding myself as much as my intended adversary.

1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

Another thing that annoys me, is when your in a group, either talking or posting an rp lure and someone just just responds with

/me yawns

Like somebody hold my wig because I'm about to woop some *bleep*!

Exactley - you would at least expect them to have bought a bento gesture for that... emoters,... so 2003 :D

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, talk about rude

No kidding. I don't cut people that say things like that much slack, either. There's never any excuse for random rudeness.

In my first year someone asked in NCI group chat if anyone knew when the Building class would start. Nobody answered. I was still new enough to be thrilled by group chat so after a bit I said, "I don't."

Now I grant you that was a pretty useless comment. I was just talking to be talking. But her next line really ticked me off.

"Then I wasn't talking to you, was I?"

Mind you, she was as noobish as I was, hadn't been in SL more than a month or two. It turns out I really enjoyed the class, which I had decided to take. It was a lot of fun watching her stumble around trying to stack one cube on top of the other while the rest of us had moved on to making working doorways :-).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Another thing that annoys me, is when your in a group, either talking or posting an rp lure and someone just just responds with

/me yawns

Like somebody hold my wig because I'm about to woop some *bleep*!

I do that sometimes. But only when I've haven't had enough coffee yet and only in certain group(s).

Just my way of saying "I'm sitting here all bleary eyed from sleep, I haven't had my morning coffee yet so don't expect me to make any sense." while wearing my favorite t-shirt that says "I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?" ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.