Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Hai!

716836274_download(98).thumb.jpeg.b6f3a3ed1719e3106093d04ad6da0578.jpeg

Wait... what about "Hai, hai!" (what I do) - does that translate to "Shark in 3D Stereoscopic" in German?

Here's one that annoys me: I make it clear I'm Chinese in SL: so some IM's out of the blue start with "Ni hao!"
Ummm... allow me to edify any interested: It's *Nin Hao*, not "Ni hao"

Anyway, I often reply with "你好! 你的! 第二次生命怎么样?" *Deer in headlights look* Bahahahaha

Edited by Alyona Su

*Four-day-old at LL Winter Shopping event this morning*

• They: "hi"
  • Me: "Hello"
  • They: "wanna have some fun [sic]"
  • Me: "Are you presuming I'm not having fun now?"
  • They: "yes"
  • Me: "What's your idea of fun?"
  • They: 'sex"
  • Me: "I thought so"
  • They: "we cn be tgther now"
  • Me: "[crickets]"
  • (Ignore; close IM box - never heard from him again, but at least he was truthful about it LOL)
  • Haha 2

I've just had a couple today.

One was a tp me request out of nowhere.  Followed by "Wanna dance"........(no) followed by friend request.... followed by the usual what's your name/do you use social media/I'm here to find a girlfriend.

The other was just clumsy but followed a similar path before fizzling out......................

Oh well.

I think I get the 'hit from behind' now you've added a clue!! :)

47 minutes ago, autonug said:

I like to start conversation with a simple "hello" or "hi" :P. Most of the time other person replies and we end up having a nice conversation :)  sometimes ......  

With me, I'll bite every single time. Because that's how we do it in RL, right? Must be because it actually works.

Two today.  One off sim. Like we were best friends. Very vague when asked where he was........so I pressed the crickets button.

Second one wanted to be my house servant at no cost. Immediate crickets to that one. Why would I want some strange guy hanging around my apartment when I'm naked? Huh?

When i was newbie and for the next 2 years popular question that i heard from guys(after i said i m Russian) was :how come you know English?translators are that good now?grrrrrrrr

or:person asks for help, and i ask wich head she use, snd she answers:Maitreya....

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

When i was newbie and for the next 2 years popular question that i heard from guys(after i said i m Russian) was :how come you know English?translators are that good now?

Please understand them - with their education system it is hard for them to imagine folks speaking more than one language - hell they don't even manage to teach them how to speak their own langauge in a proper way these days ;)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Please understand them - with their education system it is hard for them to imagine folks speaking more than one language - hell they don't even manage to teach them how to speak their own language in a proper way these days ;)

I'm guilty as charged on this one. Although I took French for a while, it never dawned on me how useful a second language could be. So I have the remains of school French, which is pitiful. Now I regret that, but learning a language now would take time I'd rather spend shopping in SL...........  ;)

50 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I'm guilty as charged on this one. Although I took French for a while, it never dawned on me how useful a second language could be. So I have the remains of school French, which is pitiful. Now I regret that, but learning a language now would take time I'd rather spend shopping in SL...........  ;)

Steve Martin had a routine where he would say, “¿Donde esta el casa de Pepe?”

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.