Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Nathaniel Scorpio said:

I was going to say 'kind of like Scylla' but that would get my head pelted with books and my shins kicked. 

OMG.

Don't you have something else you should be doing? Like playing on the freeway, or measuring railway ties with your body?

Now shoo, and stop derailing this nice person's thread with private jokes. Off you go, there's a good boy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

OMG.

Don't you have something else you should be doing? Like playing on the freeway, or measuring railway ties with your body?

Now shoo, and stop derailing this nice person's thread with private jokes. Off you go, there's a good boy.

Fine. But you're the one who told me I needed to start posting on the forums again. 

The penguins say hi, by the way. 

I had a new spin on an old one just a few days ago.

"Nice curves."

So much nicer than how that is usually said.
I was out shopping at the time so not only was I not watching chat I had the chat window minimized.  I didn't see it for almost an hour. If I had seen it earlier I may have said "thanks for not saying '*****.'"

Also, again today I replied to someone asking about bento rings in a group chat and within 5 minutes had one friend request and another "hi" IM with no follow up.  Two different people; both Italian.  Maybe its a cultural thing?  I don't actually find it annoying, I mean it doesn't bother me or anything.  Just curios about how often if happens.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Also, again today I replied to someone asking about bento rings in a group chat and within 5 minutes had one friend request and another "hi" IM with no follow up.  Two different people; both Italian.  Maybe its a cultural thing?  I don't actually find it annoying, I mean it doesn't bother me or anything.  Just curios about how often if happens.

Some days it happens, some days it doesn't. Kind of goes in fits and spurts. Sort of like microbursts, as the term is used in SciFi.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrogant Vets got a mention in another thread.....

So I spend time chatting to this guy at Franks. He hit on me.....

Good conversation. No sex talk. Time passes.

He's not asking to dance so we're stood like book ends at a dance venue with me in a posh gown. Him in a Tux.

So I asked him if he would like to dance........

Here it comes.........😠

"What took you so long" he said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It isn't really a line, but this always annoys me when it happens.

I get a notification that some male friend has just logged on.

i get an IM from him asking if I am busy or what I am doing.

I tell him I am working on art, or a gallery, or dancing at a club, because I am almost never doing nothing.

i get an IM saying ok

I get a notification that he logged off.

If you can't make something interesting out of SL on your own, then you have nothing to offer me.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

If you can't make something interesting out of SL on your own, then you have nothing to offer me.

Tsk! Is it their fault that you are the only really interesting and worthwhile attraction on the grid?

Clearly, for their sakes, you need to be less fascinating!

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

It isn't really a line, but this always annoys me when it happens.

I get a notification that some male friend has just logged on.

i get an IM from him asking if I am busy or what I am doing.

I tell him I am working on art, or a gallery, or dancing at a club, because I am almost never doing nothing.

i get an IM saying ok

I get a notification that he logged off.

The thing that gets me about that is sometimes if they said “Hey, let me take you away from that so we can do x fun thing” Sometimes I’d be down with that.

Then it’s followed up with “You’re never available!” and you’re thinking had you waited ten minutes I would’ve been.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

The thing that gets me about that is sometimes if they said “Hey, let me take you away from that so we can do x fun thing” Sometimes I’d be down with that.

Then it’s followed up with “You’re never available!” and you’re thinking had you waited ten minutes I would’ve been.

I've had that happen before. At this one guy message me one time saying he wanted to roleplay. At the time I was busy so we added each other so we can easily find each other again. He literally messaged me to other times and both times I was busy, either with taking pictures or already occupied with someone else. He deletes me and then says you're never available then proceeded to call me a bunch of vulgar names because of it. And I was like "sorry I don't just sit around waiting for you to message me like some side hoe, I have a life too"... Then he blocked me

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

I've had that happen before. At this one guy message me one time saying he wanted to roleplay. At the time I was busy so we added each other so we can easily find each other again. He literally messaged me to other times and both times I was busy, either with taking pictures or already occupied with someone else. He deletes me and then says you're never available then proceeded to call me a bunch of vulgar names because of it. And I was like "sorry I don't just sit around waiting for you to message me like some side hoe, I have a life too"... Then he blocked me

Yup, that’s pretty much how it went down for me too! I’m usually working on a pic or in the process of taking some. Never fails.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvyLarae said:

Guys like that aren't worth giving a second thought to. They are attention hounds and will never change.

• Like 2

Best ever........../him "I don't take no for an answer"....................................../me (thinking) Picked the wrong one here then buddy...............!!

/him "TP me"......../me "I'm with friends"...../him "You'll have a lot more fun with me"...../me "but you asked for a TP"................."crickets"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

or one guy said he likes me and asked for friendship and for something more in sl later,i explained him that i don t have money on mesh avatar and i feel good with my classic one. So he rented for us nice skybox, and a couple of minutes ago  came to naughty place where we met,lol.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.