Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not a line that annoyed me (in fact it amused me immensely) but it probably annoyed the guy it happened to. A few days ago I was in the Catwa store with my fellow CSRs, awaiting the release of a new mesh head. We were just milling around, chatting and people-watching (as you do) while we waited. In one corner of the store was Male Avatar A, who was wearing a Female Avatar B's Beloved Hubby-type group tag. His wife [Female Avatar B] was standing right next to him wearing a Male Avatar A's Beloved Wifey-type group tag.

After about 15 minutes, the following announcement suddenly happened in open chat:

[Male Avatar A] spanks [Completely Random Female Avatar]'s Boobs

Less than a minute later, both Beloved Hubby and Beloved Wifey disappeared in a cloud of swirly white lights.

Skell Dagger: I think he got summoned home for a stern talking-to 😉

• Haha 7

I'm a guy, and when I'm not a large anthro predatory cat most of the rest of the time I'm a borg... so I tend to avoid suffering the "random tasteless hit on" thing. It annoys the heck out of me when I see it happening though.

It's embarrassing. I mean, come on guys, yes, she's pretty, even beautiful, but wouldn't that be even more reason to at least make an effort to not be a complete creep? Aside from the fact that you're much more likely to have an enjoyable time with her (even if it doesn't go anywhere other than chatting) by just being nice, polite and maybe getting to know each other,  you're making the rest of us look really bad here.... Let me educate you about something important. Pretty women know they are pretty and it has nothing to do with "conventional" stereotypes of beauty either, it comes from within and being happy with who they are. This means they probably already know that you find them attractive before you so much as open your mouth. You don't have to be crass about telling them so. Save that compliment for when it really means something, when she know you well enough to be certain that when you go "wow..." you really mean it.

16 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

I'm a guy, and when I'm not a large anthro predatory cat most of the rest of the time I'm a borg... so I tend to avoid suffering the "random tasteless hit on" thing. It annoys the heck out of me when I see it happening though.

It's embarrassing. I mean, come on guys, yes, she's pretty, even beautiful, but wouldn't that be even more reason to at least make an effort to not be a complete creep? Aside from the fact that you're much more likely to have an enjoyable time with her (even if it doesn't go anywhere other than chatting) by just being nice, polite and maybe getting to know each other,  you're making the rest of us look really bad here.... Let me educate you about something important. Pretty women know they are pretty and it has nothing to do with "conventional" stereotypes of beauty either, it comes from within and being happy with who they are. This means they probably already know that you find them attractive before you so much as open your mouth. You don't have to be crass about telling them so. Save that compliment for when it really means something, when she know you well enough to be certain that when you go "wow..." you really mean it.

I always give them a list of the items I am wearing 😁 it isn't me they are attracted to if randomly iming me with, you are beautiful, pretty, hot as the opener. So I say thank you, let them know the stores, and tell them they too can be as pretty. 

• Haha 4

This is a conditional one; I greatly dislike anyone that asks something like "Are you busy?" as a loaded question. If it's asked out of genuine curiosity, I have zero problems with that line, it's fine. But it usually isn't. It's usually a setup for some variation of "I see, so if you're not busy, then you have no excuse not to come to my adult-rated rental skybox for 'cuddles and chats', right?". And those people can go copulate with a cactus. No one wants to be pressured or guilt tripped or "logicked" into a corner.

Just to preempt the followup questions; if your actual question is "would you like to do x?", then just ask that. "Are you busy? If not, are you free to pose for a photo?" is a pretty common line I throw at people, or "If you're not busy at the moment, there's a few of us at The Beach, want to join us?" No guile or deception, just lay your cards out and be open with what you want, and let your conversation partner make an informed response. Or the cactus awaits.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Standing on my sky platform, reading group notices, when wham

image.png.a2f806384c384c96ec03e846dd71e0e8.png

No freakin clue who that person is.  I didn't even bother to ask.

You should have a completely bizarre av to hand which you can quickly slip into right before you accept these sorts of requests. Old school system noob, giant spider, The Shining-style bloody ghost girl or massive cyclops, that sort of thing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

You should have a completely bizarre av to hand which you can quickly slip into right before you accept these sorts of requests. Old school system noob, giant spider, The Shining-style bloody ghost girl or massive cyclops, that sort of thing. 

I actually do have some of those. Will have to try and remember that for future such requests.

Maybe my really heavy set old lady avi................ in a bikini

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually do have some of those. Will have to try and remember that for future such requests.

I have a few of those too.  This is going to be fun!

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Make it silks, then take her to Gor and go around submitting to everyone and begging all the free for sexual release. It'll be great fun. Ask me how I know.

This was from a couple of days ago. First time someone ever tried griefing me in a sandbox in 14 years. And a wannabe Joker at that. Never met this person before, never spoke to him before he just showed up on the platform I was using. I was busy and didn't give a flying flip what his RL last name was. I just wanted to be left alone so I could get something accomplished. He must have thought he was being clever with his pickup line. Didn't work on me.

[11:24] Joker Wannabe: found you
[11:25] Selene Gregoire: Please leave. I'm busy.
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: cute
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: your last name
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: is basically  my name in RL
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: hmm
[11:25] Selene Gregoire: So?
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: ill spare you
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: just cause of that
[11:25] Selene Gregoire: Oh fork* off already.
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: oh...
[11:25] Joker Wannabe: lol

Apparently he thought a follower would cause me to crash. I just picked my stuff up after blocking him, TPed home to get rid of the pathetic follower then went back to a different platform and started work again.

Lame griefer is lame.

*That isn't the word I actually used. 

Edited by Selene Gregoire

On 6/1/2018 at 3:25 AM, Tisori said:

I was randomly thinking and the question of .... when you first meet some one, or even some one you have known for a short time, what random line seems to annoy you most ? I have had a couple but I know others have had more .  I am just curious as to what they might be . Biggest one for me, when I  haven't even met a person and instead of saying hi or hello its, " hey baby want to have sex ? "  or " I'll make you wish you were never with another guy " . What are some of your biggest line annoyances  in SL ?

Oh I could honestly write you a novel with all of the lines that I hate. (This is why I don’t have many friends in world haha) “hi” and nothing else after that. “Do u like to have fun in SL?” “Do u wanna have some fun?” “Wanna go for a walk?” “Wanna go to a beach?” “U look sexy” “nice body” “how old r u?” (Note I don’t have any problems with sharing my age with people that I know of have talked to for a while, but when it’s asked out of the blue, it makes me wonder what intentions the person asking has.....9 times out of 10 it’s sex) “Why doesn’t your avi look like your rl self? You must be insecure. 😂” “where r u from?” (And if I respond with ‘somewhere in the US’) “where in the US?” “Can u find me this item? I can’t find anything” (like when someone asks me to help them find something because they’re too lazy to search for it themselves. I’m all for helping people who have searched for something and have had no luck but if it’s something that I can literally find on the MP on the first page of the search results, that grinds my gears) the list goes on lmao

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.