Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmmm. Pretty consistent with the nature of my conversation with him. I told him upfront that I wasn't interested in sex (neither, he said, was he), or in dating, but I'd be happy to be his friend. He was of course deeply disappointed . . . after all, I am (he told me twice!!!!) "perfect girl."

He didn't block or defriend me -- in fact, he's still on my friends list. Maybe he's becoming more impatient and less tolerant? It must be exhausting working his way through all of those women!

It was certainly a sudden change of mood........but that happened to me once before when I spelt it out.........they don't seem to like it much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

It was certainly a sudden change of mood........but that happened to me once before when I spelt it out.........they don't seem to like it much.

Odd, isn't it?

It's almost as though they don't really value us as, you know . . . people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Odd, isn't it?

It's almost as though they don't really value us as, you know . . . people.

There are a certain type that seem to treat others in SL as if they were npc's in an mmo. Sadly the majority of them I have to share a gender with

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps limited English, feelings were hurt?

His English is fine . . . certainly adequate for this.

I think rather than hurt feelings, this was about speeding up the production line. Why waste precious time on someone who evidently is not going to provide what you want (which is not interesting conversation)? Time to move on to the next.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps limited English, feelings were hurt?

If it's the same guy I suspect it is, he has been doing the exact same thing for around 5 years if not longer.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It won't change any thing. It's worth a shot though if it would prompt him to at least change his tactics.

I suspect your first statement is probably more accurate than your second.

My guess is that someone like this doesn't HAVE any other "tactics." This is probably the only way that he knows to deal with women. (And some of that might be cultural too.)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I was asked once if I was a real person...............or a robot............the ultimate compliment hehe!

I knew a resident whose avatar was a robot. If you pushed a button, he became helpless. Some form of rlv, I s’pose. Anyway, once he said “NOT THAT BUTTON” but I did, and it created an ever-growing particle slime that crashed us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I knew a resident whose avatar was a robot. If you pushed a button, he became helpless. Some form of rlv, I s’pose. Anyway, once he said “NOT THAT BUTTON” but I did, and it created an ever-growing particle slime that crashed us.

OMG, I wish there were a button like that in RL.

Soooooo useful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My guess is that someone like this doesn't HAVE any other "tactics." This is probably the only way that he knows to deal with women. (And some of that might be cultural too.)

Its a shame we can't club together and buy him a personality off marketplace, he clearly needs one

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I was asked once if I was a real person...............or a robot............the ultimate compliment hehe!

I've been asked this question multiple times.  The most recent was when I was giving a classroom presentation.  I use a little HUD that lets me put the lecture script into a notecard, and then each time I hit the button, another line of the lecture is displayed in local chat.  This student said, "She's a bot".  I said, "No, I'm a real person."  She said, "I was fooled because you type so fast!!"

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I agree. It would probably take something catastrophic to push him to the point of self examination resulting in a change of behavior.

I don't see that happening in SL though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Its a shame we can't club together and buy him a personality off marketplace, he clearly needs one

A string you pull to make him say canned phrases?

”You’re prettier than my mommy!”

”Will you be my friend?”

”Let me buy you things!”

”I don’t have any needs, I only care about your needs.”

”Can I give you a foot rub?”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I've been asked this question multiple times.  The most recent was when I was giving a classroom presentation.  I use a little HUD that lets me put the lecture script into a notecard, and then each time I hit the button, another line of the lecture is displayed in local chat.  This student said, "She's a bot".  I said, "No, I'm a real person."  She said, "I was fooled because you type so fast!!"

Most people aren't aware you can set up macros in the FS viewer.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/autoreplace_settings

ETA: And yes I get asked that question a lot. Or did. I'm still working on updating avatars and profiles so I haven't gotten out much in world since I've been back.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Most people aren't aware you can set up macros in the FS viewer.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/autoreplace_settings

That explains how the FS Support team can paste those helpful FS Wiki page links into chat so fast!  Cool.  I don't think it would work well for my classroom presentations, though; it would take way too long to set up the keyword/response matrix.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.