Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday while placing out a new product in the store:  Ki is literally right beside me as he sets up the vendor and I am rezzing the furniture demo and positioning it. A week old guy   jumps onto the lounger i am placing.  1 second, yep there we go flashing IM...

Him : I want trying

Me: Trying?

Him: Sexe

Me: Good luck with that

Him: We can us try together

Me: Not sure Ki wants to try.  I have tried him though, he is not your type.  (resets scripts on furniture and kicks him off only for him to jump back on *sighs*)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, ThorinII said:

Yesterday, in an IM while I was at MD:

I mean, WHEN you message someone, be polite enough to at least attempt to keep the conversation you just started going, instead of stopping at "hello" or "hi". >:(

No. That brave person already did the hard part and typed two whole letters to you! How dare you not to reply with something that drives the conversation, preferably something they especially like! 

But seriously. Two possibilities - either they spammed a dozen people with that, and someone else replied faster and more to their liking, oooor it was one of those peeps that are socialy challenged and expected you to deliver some interessting topic to talk about. 

In order:

1. "Second Life is not a game."
  2. "Yes it is."
  3. "I don't know anything about scripting, can you teach me?"
    (Because this implies lack of even the most basic knowledge of programming which is hard to teach, or lack of initiative in trying to teach yourself which makes for a bad student.)
  4. "hi how are you"
  5. "I'm [condition]"
Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FrencesaAndel3 said:

Mama alpa things and guys who talking like this

Guy:lets meet,for prego

another guy:lets make preggy together

one more guy:wanna have some fun and make you preggae?...

If you are female and using the male hud anyway, say sure, but i'm not paying you child support

*grins*

This would easily be anyone who speaks in emotes. Especially if they are REALLY trying to tell you that THEY are depressed RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT. E.g : /me sighs deeply and looks sadly around her "My day has been so bad today" *sighs heavily*. Like, okay....I get it.....your sad......but just talk to me about it, you don't need to go with the over dramatics and the attentions seek

Edited by Sora Seetan
  • Thanks 1

On 30/06/2018 at 8:16 AM, Akane Nacht said:

"Can you show me how to play this game?"

No context.. just that. 

6 hours ago, SamMoon777 said:

after this question from any newbie, i wonder how they leran to use computer 

Second Life does have a steep learning curve though. Not everything is so straight forward and obvious to a new comer. I can understand why some people who are new might ask for help.

• Like 1

I don't mind the lines at the corner of my eyes so much but the lines on my forehead annoy the crap out of me.

[eta]
The little lines by my eyes help me get my eye liner straight.  Second wrinkle on the right, third on the left.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, Sora Seetan said:

Second Life does have a steep learning curve though. Not everything is so straight forward and obvious to a new comer. I can understand why some people who are new might ask for help.

I think all of us have helped newbies with specific things from time to time. But it's more productive if they have some idea what the platform is and why they are here :P

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I don't mind the lines at the corner of my eyes so much but the lines on my forehead annoy the crap out of me.

[eta]
The little lines by my eyes help me get my eye liner straight.  Second wrinkle on the right, third on the left.

Have you tried Spackle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Have you tried Spackle?

As summer progresses and those parts of my face, arms, and chest that still contain melanin go tan, I need a lot of foundation/concealer to cover my vitiligo, or go out looking like a guernsey cow with reverse raccoon (Trump?) eyes. I get what little makeup I have from a friend who runs a boutique. In the interest of spending as little time on makeup as possible, I have asked her if she has anything I can apply with a roller.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

As summer progresses and those parts of my face, arms, and chest that still contain melanin go tan, I need a lot of foundation/concealer to cover my vitiligo, or go out looking like a guernsey cow with reverse raccoon (Trump?) eyes. I get what little makeup I have from a friend who runs a boutique. In the interest of spending as little time on makeup as possible, I have asked her if she has anything I can apply with a roller.

head to your local auto body shop and ask for some bondo...

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I have bondo, that's for filling dents and rusted out parts. I'm not quite there yet, I just need a coat of paint, because two-tone went out in the 50s.

See if they can do a powder coat paint job.. Very durable stuff, they use it on cast iron claw foot bath tubs. 

6 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Have you tried Spackle?

It's called collagen nowadays.

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Not sure if i understood you right but if yes, i heard two tone is the new pretty.

Chantelle-Brown-Young-Globe-and-Mail.jpe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

One of my favorite Instagrammers... 

https://www.instagram.com/radiantbambi/

Worth a look, Maddy. 

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

One of my favorite Instagrammers... 

https://www.instagram.com/radiantbambi/

Worth a look, Maddy. 

That's about how I look by August. For the most part, I'm too busy/lazy to fuss over it, but there are times I'd just rather blend in with the rest of you monotones. There are also times I want to blend in with people who don't look like they just walked off a construction site. I recently retired a sweatshirt I wore when painting, because I'm too lazy to find paper towels to clean my hands. It was bittersweet, the thing had patches of every color paint in the house, which would have been handy for finding coordinating accessories if it wasn't for the suspicious looks I got when shopping at local furniture stores.

20 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

See if they can do a powder coat paint job.. Very durable stuff, they use it on cast iron claw foot bath tubs. 

I've had pieces powder-coated in the past, so I know where to go. It's a pretty neat process to watch and there are kits for doing small jobs in your own kitchen. Unlike a lot of men that want to powder coat a small car part at home, I don't have to convince a wife to let me bake paint in oven.

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I get what little makeup I have from a friend who runs a boutique. In the interest of spending as little time on makeup as possible, I have asked her if she has anything I can apply with a roller.

Find a dealer in Theatrical makeup, the stuff is designed not to run or peel etc, even under theatrical stage lighting during long performances...

Back when, many Old School Goths ( myself included ) used makeup from a shop just off Convent Garden, for this very reason...

11 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I recently retired a sweatshirt I wore when painting, because I'm too lazy to find paper towels to clean my hands.

My husband chuckles at me because of this.  I have a pair of painting pants, shorts, and both a long sleeve and short sleeve top.  They are covered in not only every paint color we have in the house, but also dry wall mud -- all because it is just easier to wipe my hands on my clothes. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My husband chuckles at me because of this.  I have a pair of painting pants, shorts, and both a long sleeve and short sleeve top.  They are covered in not only every paint color we have in the house, but also dry wall mud -- all because it is just easier to wipe my hands on my clothes. 

I used to do that,until one day my husband slapped a box of latex gloves on the counter from down at our auto shop.

He said"HERE,use these instead of your clothes,Jeeezuz!"

I didn't use them that first time because of how he did that..But any time after I do..

After he did that,I was talking to myself kind of loud, "I'll go in and put on whatever I want and wipe whatever I want on what ever I want..I'll go get your damn rugby jersey and paint in it if I want and wipe whatever I want on it..Throw gloves at me like that!!

Hey,Don't throw things on my counter Mr. MAN!! \o/

Of course he had already left the house before I started getting stuck in my own head with it..

hehehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.