SL viewer update loop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi i seem to be having a problem with the viewer maintenance 31/05/2018 it does the deleting then the extracting then closes like it normally does then tries opening again just to go back to wanting to do maintenance again. its a never ending loop.

Just to add ive tried un-installing and re-installing the viewer and its doing the same.

Edited by BadderBoy69

27 minutes ago, BadderBoy69 said:

Hi i seem to be having a problem with the viewer maintenance 31/05/2018 it does the deleting then the extracting then closes like it normally does then tries opening again just to go back to wanting to do maintenance again. its a never ending loop.

Just to add ive tried un-installing and re-installing the viewer and its doing the same.

i am having the same issue that you mentioned

Same problem. I did not even know about this update, because when I hung up, he did not recommend it. He gets settled and does not leave the corner. Uninstalled and installed. Same thing.
I use the Official Viewer to create my shapes, as it is in my native language (Portuguese) and easier for me.

I'm not seeing this on Windows 7 64-bit. When I launched SL's viewer there, I got an automatic upgrade to Second Life Release Viewer version 5.1.5.515811
Released on May 31, 2018. But launching SL's viewer again did not result in a second attempt to upgrade. The upgrade test showed "Checking for Upgrade", and then launched the viewer normally.

3 minutes ago, animats said:

I'm not seeing this on Windows 7 64-bit. When I launched SL's viewer there, I got an automatic upgrade to Second Life Release Viewer version 5.1.5.515811
Released on May 31, 2018. But launching SL's viewer again did not result in a second attempt to upgrade. The upgrade test showed "Checking for Upgrade", and then launched the viewer normally.

i wonder if i can get the 32 bit to work the right way

10 hours ago, CrazySam Sorrowsong said:

i wonder if i can get the 32 bit to work the right way

Give more version info when you post things like this. Platform, OS, OS version, SL version. Is this a problem only with the 32-bit SL viewer, perhaps? Thanks.

windows 10 pro, sl viewer version 5.1.5.515811, 64 bit. 

Deleted everything second life on laptop & re-installing and still doing a problem. details of problem :- 1) checks sl version, 2) deletes sl files, 3) installs files, checks for version, then starts again from number 1).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.