lag in sl

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi every one, once again, the dark shadow of lag hangs on us, i am using firestorm browser my conection ping is fast due to using  cloudflare dns servers, but i have been getting lag in crowded areas fps drops to 8 or 6, noticed firestorm takes a lot of mem, cpu is amd dual core, admit i nly have 3gig mem, graphics card is readeon 5670 hd card, so wheres the prob is it sl servers or my specs, its very annoying as i can only visit places where there is hardly anyone about or my own home graphics card should be able to cope surely 

AMD dual core? You do not share details, but I'd put AMD's last dual core somewhere in the AM2 socket era, like 8 years or more.

So: Your setup sounds ancient, especially with your remark from the other thread of you always running an open case, and never was really powerful.

Consider a complete overhaul. There is very little point in investing more into that build.

• Like 1

Your best option is to turn down nearby avatars and substantially lower the complexity level.  SL will run on a great many setups but you can't render that much on a setup like yours without lag pretty much. Also for Lillith, AMD still has current model dual cores, but they are APUs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, binder59 said:

i nly have 3gig mem

I agree with the general advice that this machine seems ready for salvage not salvation, but whatever else is going on, 3 GB of RAM ensures it will be painfully slow, swapping to disk. (Is it even running a 64 bit OS? ... not that it matters much with only 3GB memory.)

Meanwhile, I also agree that without some hardware relief, you'll want to simplify graphics preferences as much as you can stand, drawing the fewest avatars and keeping draw distance as short as possible. Not gonna be a pretty picture, and likely to lag nonetheless.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.