Turned into an Egg

Abernathy Panthar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar disappeared and there is only an egg. All of my outfits have disappeared from my wardrobe.  I had many outfits, with alpha, clothes jewellery etc. All gone. The titles are there but nothing is in the folder. I'm trying to rebuild my avatar from my inventory but the body won't load. Don't know what happened.

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Abernathy Panthar said:

My avatar disappeared and there is only an egg..... Don't know what happened.

What happened is that you have a crummy Internet connection. Get off of wifi, reboot your router and modem, and restart everthing. Most of the time those steps will cure the problem. If not, try connecting from a different RL location on or with a different computer to be sure that it's not a hardware problem with your computer, or contact your ISP.

• Like 1

One minor issue...the egg, vs. the cloud.

If you have particles turned off, an incompletely rezzed avatar will appear as an egg.  If you go into Preferences/Graphics and turn the Particles slider up to anything but zero, your egg will become a cloud.  This won't fix your primary problem, but it will allow you to see many beautiful particle effects in Second Life.

If Rolig's suggestions don't fix your missing inventory problem, see these links for more things to try:

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.