Beginner Question: Setting prices on boxed items..

LexxiXhan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm about to start listing items for sale on the marketplace, but I need to clarify where and on what to set prices. For example, I want to sell a clothing item that will come in several versions (for different mesh bodies) in a nicely packaged box:

Do I set prices on just the box, or on each version of the item inside the box?

I will only be selling on the mp initially - do I set prices via the mp listings pages, or on the items (or package) via my viewer's Properties or Edit windows?

Hope you can help!

3 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Do I set prices on just the box, or on each version of the item inside the box?

Typically you have all versions of mesh body styles in ONE box (possibly just in RED say and another lisiting in BLUE). So you would have all the versions that you sell of one color (unless you have a color change hud - then it would just be one listing) in one listing. You do not need a BOX at all as the Viewer Managed Marketplace let's you put things in folders so that folks don't need to unpack.

This would be an example of a FATPACK of clothes (all colors purchased together at a discount). If you were selling just one color of an item it would still have all the mesh body sizes that you design for.   This isn't a RULE (meaning that you could just make a listing for Maitreya or Belleza) but it is the STANDARD of how things are done now. 

image.png.aecf5a3a2b77e319f9a44871da6d7d42.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

You don't put the price on the box, unless you are selling inworld.

Thanks Rya, that's just what I needed to know!

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

the Viewer Managed Marketplace let's you put things in folders so that folks don't need to unpack.

Oh, that's a good point, and would save me uploading a texture for a gift box too ^_^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.