Are there any good shoe modeling tutorials for blender....I prefer step by step instead of videos but videos are good too. I just want to learn something else along side landscaping. Yes I know blender takes time and Im sure modeling a shoe isnt easy but I'm willing to learn as well

I do not see how modeling shoes differs from modeling houses or an anvil or a package of milk... it is just the same techniques applied on different geometries.

You might want to look into stuff like modelling/texturing different surface materials like leather and such - those can be tricky I guess. But again the leather does not differ wether it is for a purse, a sword hilt or a shoe...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Sad 1

before you try to chew my head off.....im not an experienced creator on SL so everything you just said doesn't make any sense so if you can't point me in the direction of which I asked (which you didn't) then I would appreciate it if you just keep moving. If you are experienced, I would have expected better or something a little more helpful. Plus this would be my first time modeling anything as I seen more tutorials on modeling shoes than texturing I don't have the time to texture as I do work a full time job in real life and don't need the added stress so I figured MODELING a shoe would be a little more therapeutic than the stress and hassle of texturing. But my interest was in MODELING SHOES....can we just keep it on that topic rather than trying to steer me elsewhere?! Thanks :)

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, CedricEmporio said:

before you try to chew my head off.....im not an experienced creator on SL so everything you just said doesn't make any sense so if you can't point me in the direction of which I asked (which you didn't) then I would appreciate it if you just keep moving. If you are experienced, I would have expected better or something a little more helpful. Plus this would be my first time modeling anything as I seen more tutorials on modeling shoes than texturing I don't have the time to texture as I do work a full time job in real life and don't need the added stress so I figured MODELING a shoe would be a little more therapeutic than the stress and hassle of texturing. But my interest was in MODELING SHOES....can we just keep it on that topic rather than trying to steer me elsewhere?! Thanks :)

OK. On topic although this should have been placed in the MESH forum section.

If this is your your FIRST TIME MODELING anything and you want to have a low stress experience as you say above --- then a SHOE is not a good place to start modeling. Most of the shoe modeling videos out there that I have seen would work fine for Second Life IF you cut the vertex count down in some way. So there is likely not a "shoes for second life" video out there.

If you actually want to start at the beginning which is certainly advised since most intermediate and advanced tutorials will assume you already know TONS of basics --- then there is a Blender for Second Life tutorial set here:   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8u00idO1kA&list=PLnUjXtZrc64laa7-1NUSY8pjXedwQj7kn

Note that on these forums, not only is the Original Post kept in mind when answering but all the OTHER folks that will find the threads via search. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. On topic although this should have been placed in the MESH forum section.

If this is your your FIRST TIME MODELING anything and you want to have a low stress experience as you say above --- then a SHOE is not a good place to start modeling. Most of the shoe modeling videos out there that I have seen would work fine for Second Life IF you cut the vertex count down in some way. So there is likely not a "shoes for second life" video out there.

If you actually want to start at the beginning which is certainly advised since most intermediate and advanced tutorials will assume you already know TONS of basics --- then there is a Blender for Second Life tutorial set here:   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8u00idO1kA&list=PLnUjXtZrc64laa7-1NUSY8pjXedwQj7kn

Note that on these forums, not only is the Original Post kept in mind when answering but all the OTHER folks that will find the threads via search. 

thank you I wasn't quite sure where to post this (im still getting use to the forums as well) but thank you for the link i will most certainly take a look at that.

Also, look for the shoe tutorial among the offerings at machinimatrix.org. I would give you a more complete URL but I am not only away from home but also dealing with a lousy Internet connection on my cell phone. All I can offer is from memory but it should get you where you want to go, with a little digging. ?

• Thanks 1

That's the one I was remembering. Thank you, Chic. Yes,  I remember that it was a clunky shoe, but the tutorial was helpful. I assume anyone making her own shoes would make artistic decisions to personalize them.

• Thanks 1

On 28/05/2018 at 8:15 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Here is the shoe quest video but it is SO VERY OLD and uses an extremely outdated version of Blender that it could easily be more confusing that helpful :D. Add to that the very ugly shoes LOL.

I am NOT decrying your great video tutorials Chic, they taught me so much.  But it is refreshing to find a text and picture tutorial like the old shoe one.  Sometimes the old method is best.

I wondered what Vertex Groups were for!

I always seem to get ideas faster when the pace is mine - it was like reading one of Aquila's posts.

Edited by anna2358

4 hours ago, anna2358 said:

I am NOT decrying your great video tutorials Chic, they taught me so much.  But it is refreshing to find a text and picture tutorial like the old shoe one.  Sometimes the old method is best.

I wondered what Vertex Groups were for!

I always seem to get ideas faster when the pace is mine - it was like reading one of Aquila's posts.

I was actually talking about the video, not the text :D. And I agree in many cases (when new) I was much better off with written.

In case you didn't know --- I made a ton of written "tutorials" and tips for Opensim. They are here:  

I do not guarantee everything in the Cycles nodes area as "GOOD" LOL as I was definitely learning too. But there might be something helpful there for you. Scroll down past the video link. They are in sections. 

Note also that I don't necessarily do things THAT WAY any longer :D.  It was over three years ago! So if you find yourself shaking your head --- just pass that info up. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1