Looking for Decent People to Build Residential Community

Zeraphel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't have everything hashed out in my head yet, but... let's talk?

So here's the problem and my goal. I am not looking to have a job in SL. I am not looking to make money. But, I want to live somewhere that doesn't look like poo. I don't want to have to put up stupid privacy screens. At this rate, mainland is no better than skyboxes, right?  But there are some areas for auction, and some of them are in pretty decent places. I was looking for a partner or partners, interested in BUYING (not renting) property together to make a cohesive, nice-looking community.

Give me a ring in game if you're interested.  I'll start a group. 

PS. This is going to require some discussions and hashing out, of course. I welcome your feedback.

• Like 1

Personally I quite like skyboxes, but, that's because they fit the aesthetic and theme I've built mine in. But yes, for a community skyboxes might not be very immersive.

I actually had a similar thought recently, going back to a project I ran a long time ago - I bought a 1/8th sim for my family, on which we built a cemetery, around which there were little crypts that each family member could rent for a share of the parcel upkeep. Back then it didn't work out because the family rather stagnated after a few incidents (yay, drama).

I'd love to do something like that again, but I suppose the theme is very niche - not everyone enjoys living in crypts. 

Not much help to the OP, but I have to say, a sky platform is a nice middle ground.

I used to rent quite a good portion of a sim, it kept snowballing for me... I started with my own plot and as I got more and more perturbed with neighbors that didn't match my aesthetic (some were downright junk piles), I started adding on to my plot as the rentals became available, just to insulate myself from such stuff. I had a beautiful property with a castle, and a crypt, a hedged in garden with cute little nooks and crannies, a guest house, and on and on. Eventually I couldn't afford it any more because I became a prim addict and had to give it up.

My next place was just a skybox. It was fine, but I did miss being able to go outside my house and walk around.

After that landlord retired, I found a place that rented sky platforms. I purchased the same style of skybox that I used to rent and after a little retexturing of the outside to make it look like a building and adding a front door with a teleporter script to the inside, I had my home with a terrace. The platform has a couple boxes on one corner that lets you change the textures on the platform, the fence (or no fence option) and the backdrop individually so can  almost come up with anything that suits your fancy. 

Anyway, just a thought. A platform won't fulfill your desire for a community, but if that plan doesn't work out, it could be an option for the short  run.

Edited by Dementia Obviate
grammar edit

Don't condemn skyboxes, just glue some thrusters on them and have some decent SciFi hover platforms... there are some nice looking floating island hover platform builds around... but yeah. I think there are some more hidden gems I recently ran into a mainland place that was general and with a enforced suburban theme... just keep your eyes open on where nad what you buy.

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

not everyone enjoys living in crypts.

Vot de veck?!

Who can rezizt ze allure of cool, damp air, fragrant vith ze aromaz of rich, earthy, rotting detrituz?!

1 minute ago, LexxiXhan said:

Vot de veck?!

Who can rezizt ze allure of cool, damp air, fragrant vith ze aromaz of rich, earthy, rotting detrituz?!

Krazy peoples!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.