Sending an object to a blocked person.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When you send a object to a blocked person, the object is automatically declined without notification that a item was sent or that the item was declined. As the blocking system uses the internal decline function, it the object is still technically received, it is just put into their trash folder. It will still require manual purging.

• Like 1

I am not sure if this person has blocked me or not. But I sent a no copy item to the box and it simply said inventory item offered. When I know I have sent a notecard to this same person knowing I was NOT blocked and it also said inventory item received. Is this a good indicator that I am blocked. only saying inventory item offered?

People can change their settings to automatically accept items. If they have not done that then they need to manually "accept" the items before you get a "they have received" message.  So this person may have simply been online and not "there".  It is not an indicator that you are blocked. You could be of course, but THIS is not the test :D.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:59 AM, Silvermane Flagon said:

I am not sure if this person has blocked me or not. But I sent a no copy item to the box and it simply said inventory item offered. When I know I have sent a notecard to this same person knowing I was NOT blocked and it also said inventory item received. Is this a good indicator that I am blocked. only saying inventory item offered?

Whether you get notification that your inventory offer was received depends on if the sender & receiver are in the same region or not.

• User A & User B in same region
    User A passes item to to User B.
    If User B clicks Accept on the inventory offer, User A receives the notification "User B received your inventory offer"
  • User A & User B in different regions.
    User A passes item to to User B.
    Even if User B clicks the Accept on the inventory offer, User A will not receive a "User B received your inventory offer" notification.
  • To complicate things even more, Firestorm has a silent inventory accept option where even if User A & User B are in the same region & User B clicks the silent Accept option, User A will not be notified that the inventory offer was received.

tl/dr - you can't draw any conclusions about whether the recipient has blocked you by using the received inventory offer notification.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.