Attaching items with Zed MPS

SimplifyKidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems that by default when an item is setup for the sit animation the item is placed in the sitter's inventory and he has to 1) accept it, 2) find it in the inventory, and 3) add it to his avatar. Is there a way to make that simpler for the person using the furniture? Also, the item is still in the avatar's hand when he stands up. Can the item automatically be removed when people stand up?

Edited by SimplifyKidd

Yes, I personally use AvSitter which is now opensource and free. Simply do a google search. It has a prop system add on that automatically attaches items to an avatar without them needing to accept it and find it in their inventory. The system foregoes that and rezzes the prop instead. The avatar will have to allow this auto attachment just once via a pop up window requesting that allowance.

On AvSitter enabled land (experience window) that permission doesn't even have to be given. You just sit, go to the animation rezzing a cup of coffee for example and the avatar will change to that animation and drink it. When you stand up it automatically de-rezzes the prop from the avatar. Easy as can be. You can try it out yourself, newer furniture from What Next uses the system so do items from Bazar and JC Creations. There's tons more merchants who use this but eh, those are the ones popping up in my head right away.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SimplifyKidd said:

Thanks, Syn. I just learned to use MPS, so I was hoping that there was a workaround - but I guess I should just get started on AVSitter instead. I guess I picked the wrong one to begin with...

Aaah, sorry I didn't realize you were asking your questions specifically for that program. Somehow my brain interpreted it as a general question xD

I'm afraid I can't help you with MPS, I've never even heard of it.

AvSitter *is* free though so if you don't find any answer concerning MPS, it's at no additional cost to grab avsitter. You won't regret it, it's amazing.

Edited by Syn Anatine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.