You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody.

Often when I try teleporting using Firestorm, the teleport starts and the progress bar gets maybe half-way with the "requesting teleport" status but then seems to hang, and there is no Cancel button, no menu, no way out of it, even Ctrl-Q doesn't work. I wait there, unable to tell my friends that yes I really am on my way, and eventually after a couple of minutes, the only thing I can do is the drastic step of killing the Firestorm process, launch it again and log in, and try the teleport again, which then usually works immediately.

The sims I am trying to get to are nothing special, usually fairly quiet.

I have read that a big load of attachments can slow teleports, but I never wear more than a mainstream mesh body and head, basic clothes/hair/jewellery, and no HUDs, with ARC of 50k or so.

Can anybody suggest what might be going wrong here? Thanks a lot.

Screenshot_2018-05-26_21-44-20.png

Edited by angeoco
add screenshot

I upgraded my connection (well the ISP foreced me to) and it got increasingly rare since then... just a suspicion, nothing I can confirm or test with a significance test...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, angeoco said:

My max bandwidth is set at 1500, as recommended.

That is the recommended 'max' but sometimes you'll get better results with it being a bit lower.  Try reducing it by a few hundred and see how that goes.  My ping times are roughly the same as yours, but I found that I actually get fewer SL issues with my bandwidth set to 1000.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.