AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS is looking for bloggers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS is looking for bloggers-if you are interested come to my shop and take the application form and fill it
Taxi:https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LUXORY%20PRIME/111/54/22

or

AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS is looking for bloggers. Get fashion clothing for free and return the favor by blogging about them.

if you are interested send an in-world notecard to kalliopi Ziplon with the following information:

* Your avatar calling card:
* Your blog url if any: 
* Your flickr url must have:
* How many items you can blog per week:
* i am looking for bloggers that will also post their work to many Flickr + Facebook groups and not only at their own pages. Can you do that?
* At how many groups (facebook, flickr, etc) you will post the items ?
* You need to use bottom + up fashion clothes from me when you blog my items and not a skirt from me and a top from another shop, do you understand that?
* you will not post at my social media work of others , only if they are poses, accessories of others, do you understood that?
* Will you be posting every week for me or when ever you want?
(i am giving my new items as they go out for sale to those that they are truly active ones, if i see someone is not then i stop sending them and they must ask me for 1 item per post so i can see they have post it in order to send them another one) 
* Will you be blogging for male or female or both? 
* Tag my name so i can see where you post and how often you do so, are you ok with it?
* From now on in order to get an item to blog you will need to view my work + my group gifts from my social pages and send me a notecard with the item or group gift you like to blog and i will send them to you. Are you ok with it?

Name your notecard as following: Interested in blogging - your name

BLOGGER NEEDED.jpg

I do hope that you find the bloggers that you want ----

However, to ME, this is a very good example of what has gone wrong in the blogging community. 

It really did use to be FUN. Now it is WORK.

And to the bloggers out there -- you DO HAVE CHOICES. And it CAN be fun.

Not picking on the OP in particular, but this really needs to turn around. AND to the bloggers that make commitments and take stuff and don't DO what they promised --- all this is partly your fault. 

YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE!

Chic Aeon - Ten years and post 5000 coming up next month. 

• Like 4

Thank you for writing your thinking.

Its not easy to know how others feel or think about it or what to ask from a blogger.

I had many come take my stuff and never ever blog anything so that made me think again and not trust as i did before.

I always let them choose they way they wanted to blog for me and I did it by their rules but i had to find a way to protect my hard work from those that come take stuff and never blog because they are a scam and all they want is free stuff. 

i do not want them to see it as hard work thats why i let them choose items and when and how much they will blog, its from their free time and from their good heart. I never choose those that do only good blog but i gave my stuff to those that they are just learning how to blog clothes so they can practise and learn. 

I do not know what else i can do so i can make it fun for them.

I never ask them why they have not blog for weeks or ask them to blog every week.

I have a few that told me they will blog only when they feel like it and said ok and gave them my new items every week so they can blog 1 item only per 30 days. 

I think is fair for them and me to stop sending them stuff and just wait for them to choose an item per blog from what new stuff i do so that way i will not feel i am giving my stuff for nothing and they will not feel that someone is over their head pussing them to blog. 

But this is how i see it and it may be bad or even rude thinking for some people. So i am open on reading their thinking on it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kalliopi Ziplon said:

Thank you for writing your thinking.

Its not easy to know how others feel or think about it or what to ask from a blogger.

I had many come take my stuff and never ever blog anything so that made me think again and not trust as i did before.

I always let them choose they way they wanted to blog for me and I did it by their rules but i had to find a way to protect my hard work from those that come take stuff and never blog because they are a scam and all they want is free stuff. 

i do not want them to see it as hard work thats why i let them choose items and when and how much they will blog, its from their free time and from their good heart. I never choose those that do only good blog but i gave my stuff to those that they are just learning how to blog clothes so they can practise and learn. 

I do not know what else i can do so i can make it fun for them.

I never ask them why they have not blog for weeks or ask them to blog every week.

I have a few that told me they will blog only when they feel like it and said ok and gave them my new items every week so they can blog 1 item only per 30 days. 

I think is fair for them and me to stop sending them stuff and just wait for them to choose an item per blog from what new stuff i do so that way i will not feel i am giving my stuff for nothing and they will not feel that someone is over their head pussing them to blog. 

But this is how i see it and it may be bad or even rude thinking for some people. So i am open on reading their thinking on it.

I definitely understand your side of the issue.

I hear it (or watch the effects of it) from the folks that I blog for and in the event group notices.  There are unfortunately tons of bloggers who take stuff and never use it or feature it. They might stick it into their inventories in some sort of weird compulsion to have the largest and most complex inventory around :D;  I know not. 

Things were so different when I started blogging. There weren't any blogger groups and very few "review copies".  Many of us blogged gifts and lucky chair items and even demos. We featured places we loved and hunts and simply "SL life". Along the way blogging has changed. 

I never really bought into the "do the job to get the stuff" mentality. I remember maybe nine years ago when a creator who I had never met TPed me over to their store and told me that they wanted me to blog this item in this way on this date (well you get the idea). It was also LOGO WEAR which I have pretty much always detested (tiny logos are OK but not ones that scream a brand name half the size of the shirt). So I simply told them no thanks -- and they were aghast.  I haven't changed my position over the years but I am more cognizant of how and what I feature these days. I am trying to do my best for both my readers and the folks that I feature (either long term relationships or one time event features). 

It is a difficult road and the current system of mandatory posts, lengthy rules and the need for numerous Flickr followers (which can be manipulated and are sometimes purchased) really have turned blogging into a business -- even if lindens rarely change hands.

It really does make me sad. And I know many of the remaining old time bloggers feel the same. We are just happy we started our journeys long ago.

It should probably be noted that as I creator I have never had store bloggers. That was a personal and purposeful choice. It really isn't mandatory on EITHER end :D.

I am doing very well without them. 

I am very sorry you feel that way, i never bloged so its hard to feel bloggers shoes, i started looking for bloggers after other creators told me that this is how you promote and get learn and i read their aplication form so i can have mine near to what is been done because i never had bloggers, even bloggers help me make my aplication form, only from people who came and ask to blog something they pay for and loved it or from blogs about free stuff for my group gifts.

i had many people asking me to give them my work so they can start blogging and learn and i did i never cared if they are old bloggers or if they do an amazing job on blogging in my mined it was "oo they like geting free stuff from creators they like" i never looked at it in any other way.  i am happy i read your point of view,thanks for it,have an amazing day and week

I'm not a blogger as such, I stick to Flickr and I write my thoughts and feelings about a product or picture in the description - I focus on photography primarily, but since I prefer shooting avatars to shooting landscapes and objects, a lot of what I write is about the clothes, accessories or scenes - unless I focus on the photo/editing techniques.

My SL daughter, who was one of the people who inspired me to pick up photography and running a Flickr with my results, has received several sponsorships and bloggerships for stores and events recently, and for her it has largely sucked out much of the joy of her craft - she's worked so hard lately that her wrist got injured from the hours and hours spent sitting with her graphics tablet. A few months ago she was so happy and hyped to have been offered her first big blogging commissions, now she's stressed out because of the deadlines and how work is piling up around her. SL ceased to be a social hobby for her.

My ex is the exact same story. She already was a blogger when we met, but as she received more sponsorships and bloggerships the stress made her just drop SL completely.

Myself, I only have one sponsorship, and it's been very lenient - full access to the entire catalog of poses and photo props of their business, in return for me simply giving them a credit listing and including a link to their MP or a SLURL to their in-world store in the description - which, at least the credit part, is standard for all items of note in a shot for me.

Anyway, I went down to your store and had a look - and as far as I can tell, your menswear doesn't come rigged for any of the 'most popular' mesh bodies for men - if you want a serious blogger/photographer you may want to consider stocking stuff that goes with Signature Gianni/Geralt, Belleza Jake and/or SLink at the very least. Standard sizes occasionally work, but frequently have an issue of not fitting the alpha grids of the mesh bodies; so either you may end up with missing a half inch of your upper arm before the sleeve of a shirt starts, or you have an edge of your arm clipping through the sleeve - and sure, as a photographer I have absolutely no issues editing those issues out for a photo, but then would I still be representing your product, or am I lying to my audience about your product's fitting?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be critical to be cruel, I'm trying to be constructive - and for all I know, the aforementioned issue of standard sizes may not apply (for the full body suits it certainly doesn't, unless there's an issue around the neck/collar or that the sleeves are too tight). What I'm trying to say is, you're unlikely to find a blogger who's up to snuff in accordance to your expectations - who still uses a system body. 

I also realize that this isn't 'your' fault, if I'm correct in assuming that, just like myself, your IP is the textures and HUDs, on full perm prefabs - and since the 'most popular' female bodies generally are supported, finding female-avatar bloggers/photographers doesn't have the same issues.

Anyway, to conclude - I get it, people who take your stuff and don't deliver on their end of the bargain sucks, and having it happen repeatedly gets frustrating, but you're not paying them and you're not suffering any material loss when it happens. Don't punish potential bloggers for the misdeeds of past ones - check their credentials, consider whether they're suitable and give them a few things to blog about. If nothing comes out of it, bleh. If something comes out of it - free publicity, which is your end goal in dealing with bloggers. Unless you're going to release a new biggie for an event, there's no reason to squeeze your bloggers - and even if you do have something which you feel you MUST have a deadline on, -ask- your bloggers if they're up for it, and if no one can/want to right there and then, you may want to consider doing a paid commission instead (if your expectations in sales revenue allows it).

• Like 3

Ty for telling me your thinking.

Its hard to find full perm men stuff that have extra sizes for mesh bodies, when i try the demos i try them to a lot of the demo men mesh bodies i have to see if they fit and i buy only those that i see they fit.

When I ask how much a blogger want to blog the prices are way far from what i can afford and because i know that my bloggers do it for free i never but deadlines or tell them to blog every week. I ask them at the form they fill to tell me how often they want to blog so i will know, only that, i ask so i know who does what. I ask them to tag my name so i can see who does blog and who came to just take my stuff for free.

When someone scam me i loose the hard work and all the long hours i put to make stuff to learn from tutorial and it makes me sad. Some full perm cost 1700L a simple shirt and for me to get my money back it may take a year and I do many fabrics on a hud.  And the result is that i stop giving them my stuff by mail system (I never had a group for that because I know how hard it is to have empty space for a group) as i make them and now I ask them to view my new stuff and ask for one item per blog  from my social pages thats all, i just stop sending them stuff every week even if they do not blog them because they blog one item per 30 days.

If I could pay someone to blog yes I would want deadlines and if they say I will blog 1 item per week to do so but since they do it for free I let them work as they want to on their time and I never ask why you did not blog this month , I just let them be.

Sorry for all that big response’s I write or if I write as if I am apologize for something, my Eng. are not so good.

Just wanted to say that this is a worthwhile conversation and that while this is often talked about in blogger and creator groups, it isn't all that out in public (although I went on a long tirade at NWN not too long ago :D so there is that).  

We need to remember that we are SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING FUN HERE!  

Everyone. 

Sometimes learning a craft is difficult and it is almost always time consuming. For some of us that is fun.  But the minute something starts to feel like work instead of play, it is time for me to take a step back.  

While many of us on the forums are older and have up to date avatars and homes, not everyone does. There is room for creativity at any level. I still build with prims now and then too - LOL.  Everyone needs to learn, be it new or returning shop owners, photographers or bloggers. Some will find a life-long joy and others will move on. 

I suggest folks that are feeling stressed (both creators and bloggers) spend some time assessing their goals and their enjoyment levels and find a place where they will both work. There is no harm in cutting back on work. ENJOY what SL has to offer. 

• Like 3

On 5/26/2018 at 8:17 PM, kalliopi Ziplon said:

AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS is looking for bloggers-if you are interested come to my shop and take the application form and fill it
Taxi:https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LUXORY%20PRIME/111/54/22

or

AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS is looking for bloggers. Get fashion clothing for free and return the favor by blogging about them.

if you are interested send an in-world notecard to kalliopi Ziplon with the following information:

* Your avatar calling card:
* Your blog url if any: 
* Your flickr url must have:
* How many items you can blog per week:
* i am looking for bloggers that will also post their work to many Flickr + Facebook groups and not only at their own pages. Can you do that?
* At how many groups (facebook, flickr, etc) you will post the items ?
* You need to use bottom + up fashion clothes from me when you blog my items and not a skirt from me and a top from another shop, do you understand that?
* you will not post at my social media work of others , only if they are poses, accessories of others, do you understood that?
* Will you be posting every week for me or when ever you want?
(i am giving my new items as they go out for sale to those that they are truly active ones, if i see someone is not then i stop sending them and they must ask me for 1 item per post so i can see they have post it in order to send them another one) 
* Will you be blogging for male or female or both? 
* Tag my name so i can see where you post and how often you do so, are you ok with it?
* From now on in order to get an item to blog you will need to view my work + my group gifts from my social pages and send me a notecard with the item or group gift you like to blog and i will send them to you. Are you ok with it?

Name your notecard as following: Interested in blogging - your name

BLOGGER NEEDED.jpg

Going to do this ?? if you have it in my size I wear Maitreya body

Edited by MayaSkyrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.