Classic Skin with Mesh Body

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Questions:

1)  I have several Classic skins I really love.  Is there an applier I can buy that will attach a Classic Skin to a mesh body?  Or, are those kinds of appliers made by the skin designer?

2)  Do you know of any skin designers who are designing skins for a Classic head with a mesh body?

I want to keep my head for the time being, and I am new (about two weeks) to a mesh body for the first time.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

Classic or system skins will not work on mesh bodies as of now. You will need extra appliers, which are separate scripted items. 
LL is working on a project, however, which will allow you to wear classic system items on a mesh body. If you browse the forums, you'll come across "bake on mesh" topics. You can already try the test version of the official viewer, if you like.

For the second question, you will a store which still sells system skins and offers mesh body appliers in the matching tones. I think that WoW Skins and Lumae are often mentioned, but there should be more.

Which skins do you already got? Have you been to the creator's store to check for body appliers?

I'm currently wearing skins from 7 Deadly s{K}ins - classic head with applier for the mesh body.  Most of the appliers are sold separately, but if you can nab some of the lucky letter prizes or mini-mania prizes, many of those comes with appliers in lots of tones. 

Glam Affair also still sells some classic skins and their appliers are already in the Maitreya HUD by default.  Other places that I have classic skins w/ appliers from are:  Stix, Dulce Secrets, AlaskaMetro, Genesis Lab.  Though I don't recall names, back when I first went to a mesh body and was searching for skins, I remember there being other places that still carried classic skins w/ appliers - just not in tones that I wanted.

Be sure to demo a skin with its corresponding applier.  Also note that because textures apply a bit differently on the system body than on mesh objects, it is pretty much impossible to get a complete "seamless" match at the neck area - at least from all sides.  Thus chokers are very popular these days.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm currently wearing skins from 7 Deadly s{K}ins ...

Hehehe, just came back to this thread with the intention of suggesting 7DS.

The store participates in one of the Saturday sale events. Today, you can get numerous Omega body appliers (along with a quite cute Omega head applier, which isn't needed here) for L$75 each. Classic skins should be somewhere in the outlet sale area upstairs...

For Lilette ... the Omega applier system is basically a multitool applier, working for several bodies and other components. Usually, at least for Maitreya, you need to buy a so-called relay, which will "translate" the applier information for your specific body.

PS: Triple Lil :D

Cool.  I'll check out all those places for skins and demos.

A viewer that allows us to use our Classic skins sounds terrific!

I have about 25 Classic skins, if not more.  I use them for my personal photography and it took a long time to find the ones I wanted for fairies and elves.  I went through hundreds of demos and hours to find these Classic skins.  So, glad I won't lose them!  

I still love finding new skins and I'm up for seeing what's out there for Classic head with mesh body!

Thanks for the help!

3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

2)  Do you know of any skin designers who are designing skins for a Classic head with a mesh body?

Go to Lumae, inworld... Most of their skins include a system option...

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Most of the appliers are sold separately

14 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

you can get numerous Omega body appliers (along with a quite cute Omega head applier, which isn't needed here) for L$75 each

Lumae skins include just about every applier you'll ever need... At no extra cost... And their 100 L$ per skin pack sale is still on for their pre 2018 ranges...

8 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I use them for my personal photography and it took a long time to find the ones I wanted for fairies and elves.

They do a wide range of fantasy skin tones too, which come with appliers for certain brands of elf ear, and even free ears for people who don't have them already.

16 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Cool.  I'll check out all those places for skins and demos.

A viewer that allows us to use our Classic skins sounds terrific!

I have about 25 Classic skins, if not more.  I use them for my personal photography and it took a long time to find the ones I wanted for fairies and elves.  I went through hundreds of demos and hours to find these Classic skins.  So, glad I won't lose them!  

I still love finding new skins and I'm up for seeing what's out there for Classic head with mesh body!

Thanks for the help!

LAQ is now selling all their system skins for L$500 for a fatpack of a single skin tone, and they're selling mesh body appliers at almost giveaway prices. For their older "Glow" skins they also offer free neck-blender tattoos so if you have an older skin without appliers that's close to one of the LAQ colors you can keep your old face and use the neck blender and LAQ body applier. The system skins are now hidden in a side room; you need to find a teleport link on a column in the main store to find them.

4 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

LAQ is now selling all their system skins for L$500 for a fatpack of a single skin tone

I had actually forgotten about this.  Last month I grabbed all the demos and they've been sitting in my "TO DEMO" folder every since.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.