ToBeLovely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What would you do if you blocked someone, but then you didn't say anything to them you just blocked them? The following day you receive messages from other accounts you don't know if it's his alternate or his friends, but they bring up the fact that you ignored someone or blocked them. So they are threatening you and bad mouthing you and you didn't do anything, but block the person.

Edited by ToBeLovely

8 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, ToBeLovely said:

What would you do if you blocked someone because you found them to be very unpleasant, but then you didn't say anything to them you just blocked them? The following day you receive messages from other accounts you don't know if it's his alternate or his friends, but they bring up the fact that you ignored someone or blocked them. So they are threatening you and bad mouthing you and you didn't do anything, but block the person because they were unpleasant or a bad person in general. 

blocking the ones that contact you...

you don't need to explain why you block, to anyone.

If you'r on firestorm, and perhaps other viewers too, you can let the viewer send automatic messages for several situations.. busy, afk ... and blocked ...

for example i often use this one "when you see this message it means you'r not showing up in my IM's, blocked and mostly derendered. Reasons ?.... for excesive gesture spam, noise, or other irritating stuff, move on, i did."

• Like 6

As Alwin so poignantly stated, start blocking and derendering.

You are under no obligation to explain why someone was blocked. If some IM's are suddenly appearing against your actions, without telling the recipient, then yeah...alts and/or fellow griefers. I know of a member who was booted from a group for playing games with his membership. The powers that be (three in all) decided to pull his tag. Not even 30 seconds went by before this individual shows up on sim explaining he is the  "personal friend" and asking why the member was ejected. Flags were raised it was the booted avatars alt and that person was banned, post haste.

Just ban and carry on. There's too much in SL to worry over some hurt feelings, especially if the hurt feelings can't have the balls to personally ask the situation and sends in a "ringer" instead.

• Like 4

@ToBeLovely It sounds like you are seeking justice or fairness. Neither exist in SL and little of either in RL.

Second Life has some level of law (ToS) enforcement and protection. But, very little that you might see in day to day life in SL. Here you learn to take care of yourself. You are responsible for your actions and choices. You can get away with stuff. You might even be able to go vigilante for a bit and get away with it. But, you might also get nailed to the cross.

What do you call people that try to force or coerce you to do things they want or their way? I could so troll this one... Not 'friend'. So, I am with Alwin. Block them too.

Meeting people in SL is easy. The challenge is in finding ones you want to keep as friends.

My friends list doesn't change much. Once a person makes it into my friends list, they will likely stay there. Few people do make it in.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.