Dreamerra

?Just Curious If you hit it off with someone would you go real with them and meet? ?

On 6/14/2018 at 7:24 AM, Dreamerra said:

This was about meeting in real for long term this was mature conversation not immature level and meeting for sex.

You should know by now that you do not get to dictate every nuance of how a forum thread evolves.  The vast majority of the replies were serious.  While not all were discussing taking SL love into RL, the responses were still discussing meeting SL people in RL.  Regardless of whether it is for love, friendship, or just sex, the reasons (and possible issues) of meeting in RL are similar.

And who around here is really qualified to say what conversation is mature vs not mature (as opposed to super serious talk versus a bit of light hearted comments).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

its true people have free speech I just don't come to SL for sex.

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Dreamerra said:

I don't see anyone saying you did?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreamerra said:

The vast majority of comments had nothing to do with sex.

In other words - read the comments that seem to apply directly to what you personally wish to know and skip over the ones that seem irrelevant to you.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I've met people who were friends in WoW and are now closer to me RL than my own family members.  I know at least 2 couples who met in WoW and later got married in RL, one couple now has 2 children. 

Would I meet someone IRL, that I met in SL? sure.    If the friendship/relationship was meant to be,  it would endure meeting each other IRL.  If it didn't.  I still have the memories. 

• Like 3

For me personally I would never. Several reasons.

In SL I do stuff (like running a sex sim) that if it would ever come out and be used against me would hurt my RL reputation and business. That is the primary reason I will never allow myself to share RL information that could identify me. Being responsible for almost 50 people their jobs, I can not let that be jeopardized by some silly SL troll or online ex lover.

And also, on the relationship part, i'm not really relationship material in RL (usually same in SL), people get on my nerves and start to annoy me if I see them to much, even if I love them. Bringing in a good SL relation to a RL one would be pretty much same as ending it eventually.

• Like 4

I have been married twice in SL and they have both went into RL on the first week of dating in SL and I have no regrets.  However, both were long distance and they did not grown into more serious commitments. But,  I have nothing but good things to say about taking a chance to love and be loved in return.  Second Life is just a vehicle that is similar to online dating just a much more intense interface.  I am always disappointed by people who like to keep a hard line between their first life and second life.  I think it is dishonest and superficial especially if a romance is involved.  Let me further say I am the type that will not ask you personal questions right off.  But throughout the engagement their should be some natural sharing back and forth.  When I find a person is guarded I see that as a red flag and don't invest deeper.  SL love is absolutely something everyone who can should try.  :x

• Like 1

I met my current my Boyfriend in Second Life and after a while we both decided to make it more official in Real Life and met once and are planning to meet again in September. It is still possible!

• Like 2

I know a couple from SL who after years of dating  SL, met in RL and got married and are living happily. So, yeah its rare but it happence :) .

Nope, even if it is tempting. I did it once with my ex boyfriend almost 10 years ago and vowed to never do it again. He almost ruined sl for me when we broke up.

Yes as many here know. 

Met my husband (Ghosty) on the original SL forum, then in world. Eventually met in RL after a couple of months of knowing each other. We both took a chance and it certainly worked out. 

We've now been together for nearly 10 years. Sometimes I can't even believe we met that long ago lol. We married last June. Didn't have to - wanted to.

I've also met a few SL friends in person and all of those meetings went well. I wish I lived nearer to all of them, as I'm sure we'd see/talk to each other a lot more if that was the case. Others I have not yet met in person but, we are open about our real lives with each other via social media of various sorts. 

I don't see meeting in SL any different than meeting anywhere else. Things can either go bad or good - it really has nothing to do with the "where" - it's the "who" that matters.

• Like 3

everybody lies girls aint girls in sl

update 

i got to say i did meet a real girl in sl a couple years ago i got to know her real good i found out she worshipped satan an only wears black clothes  she was nice i got to love her i still talk to her even today but even thos i know where she lives i wont ever go see her maybe but not cuz she is a satanist n does all that wierd goth stuff   but cuz i cant get a passport an she wont pay my bus ticket to go there :*(

Edited by Quinn Lysette
added stuff
  • Haha 2

I've done this once 11 years ago. He stayed with me for about 4 days, and we had fun. But we broke up some time after that. We were together for about 9 months. Since then I've only been with one other person I'd be willing to meet in RL, but distance and lack of funds on both ends (not to mention other circumstances) prevent it from happening, and we're no longer together anyway...but we still talk.

Once was enough.  I already had warning signs of the man's controlling nature in SL but wasn't prepared for being scared when I met him.  The man was seriously disturbed.  He was also very mean with money and prone to disclosing very private aspects of his previous partners' lives.  I can only imagine what he said about me :/  Some people in SL still adore him, which is galling, but I find it generally best to keep my mouth shut, and his memory locked away.

• Sad 2

I've never got that close to anyone in SL (and I used to be here a lot before taking a 3-4 year break) but a good RL friend met her partner in SL, they've been together almost 8 years now. ?

1 hour ago, BlixaKarita said:

have you ever been in a rl relationship and been left for a sl relationship?

It's a different question :)  Perhaps start another thread for it.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, CoffeeDujour said:

It totally does, living the dream.

Hey there CoffeeDujour are you still with your SL Partner in RL? If your ow is your SL life now is it still fun and exciting?

• Like 1

Yes. We met eight years ago online, but not in SL. We came to SL together. I loved it; he didn't. I flew across the world to meet him six years ago, and stayed. We got married seven months ago.

I've also become real-life friends with people I met here, and some real-life friends have joined SL. I don't have too many hard boundaries between my RL and SL though I respect that others do. And, like real life, you have to be cautious about who you let in.

• Like 2

Oh I totally would and totally did ✌️

People who make me want to meet them are very rare (I'm lazy, sue me) but I've met some of my best friends like that. 

I've also met some boyfriends this way and the "fail" ratio is the same that with people whom I've met in RL. Because people from SL are actual people, living and breathing ... shocking I know. 
So I don't really make differences between the two I guess ... 

Im sure they exists. I thought i had one but after many excuses from his side to meet in rl i found out he wasnt what he made me believe he was.

He lied the whole time about who he was, and not the single dad but a married man and a granddad in rl.

On 7/29/2018 at 7:57 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

I've also met a few SL friends in person and all of those meetings went well. I wish I lived nearer to all of them, as I'm sure we'd see/talk to each other a lot more if that was the case. Others I have not yet met in person but, we are open about our real lives with each other via social media of various sorts. 

I don't see meeting in SL any different than meeting anywhere else. Things can either go bad or good - it really has nothing to do with the "where" - it's the "who" that matters.

This exactly- I have met some SL friends in the past, and it has been wonderful. It all depends on the person for sure :)

• Like 1