Dreamerra

?Just Curious If you hit it off with someone would you go real with them and meet? ?

?Just Curious If you hit  it off with someone would you go real with them and meet??

I have done it once found love in second life that did go real lasted three years. maybe not every one is in to it but if you have right connection and you hit off maybe love can really happen again for any one to go real or is this rare.

I Meet my ex in July 2014 at a dating place in second life we dated for a few months he took me to Romantic spots in second life one I really loved sky diving from  Eiffel tower in pairs, We first talked on voice and the via cam we both became  sincere and upfront before meeting Then made arrangements to meet in real I traveled to Illinois to Texas I stayed for the holidays and did stay six months before  Dec 2014 we married in second life when I came down  the second time to see him in real. It lasted three years with good connection of love.

I heard story of people that meet in second Life over the years that have meet in real and then moved in and got married in real. Does it still exist?

romance1.gif

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Like 2

I can understand if someone you had bad experience yes the trust thing goes out the window I been like that for some time why I went demisexaul. I understand some people have to keep it only  in second life ether single or taken that is understandable I have few friends that do this because life may be different.  I had friend that did meet a guy in real they are poly she meet him a few times she has moved in they seem happy. But I can say maybe it is rare sometimes it can happen the trust has to be their.

Edited by Dreamerra

Yes.

But then, I don't expect to run into anyone more dodgy than myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I was partnered once in SL and it was to a wonderful man. He became a vital part of my life, my best friend. Yet, in my experience as soon as we tried to bring our beautiful SL relationship into RL , it began to wilt until it was damaged beyond repair. The stress and pressure to meet each other's social, physical, and even financial expectations that don't really exist in a virtual space are immediately thrust upon you when desiring to meet in real life. An SL relationship can be like a fragile flower that is not meant for the harsh realities of the outside world.  However, even though I lost my true SL love and have never found another, I can't say I wouldn't take a chance on sharing my private life with someone again. But it would certainly have to be an extraordinary individual.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Shaharazad Humphreys said:

However, even though I lost my true SL love and have never found another, I can't say I wouldn't take a chance on sharing my private life with someone again. But it would certainly have to be an extraordinary individual.

I think once it happens in SL, everyone that come along later is held up to a standard set during the best times in the relationship, a standard that even the one you set it with would not have measured up to when you first met.

• Thanks 1

Yes this why it takes someone very special to wake that up for the trust to get more of someone life in Sl relationship or even first life one. 

Edited by Dreamerra

Yes it still exists! I met my fiancé 4 years ago on AVMatch and we connected instantly. I do have to say that being financially stable enough to afford flying back and forth to see each other was a vital part that kept our long distance relationship going. After 2 and a half years of planning, we moved in together and the rest is history :) 

• Like 6

suppose its about trust in a nutshell, i am happy to have a relationship here but not in rl, why simple , there can be some nasty people in the world, so i dont go that far, but congratulations to you and good luck, but all i can say is its about trust and your faith in someone, good post, we must all be aware of our own safety, if i did it i would want to go a bit further in to it ie contact, if you live near ask around , do some background checks if your in another country this would be very difficult to you, but hope it all works out for u and the best of luck

• Like 2

For friendship and going out for a few pints, sure.  For a romantic or sexual partnership? Nope. I have one of those in RL and that's enough for me.

• Like 5

I moved to another country to be with someone I found in SL. We have been together for two years now and I can't picture another day without him!

Currently we are planning our RL wedding and even opening a RL business together. 

We are two halves of the same brain! 

• Like 5

I've met one, originally an, SL acquaintance in RL. It was after we had pal'd around in SL for several weeks. Of course, she was local.. and when we figured it out, we set a date for a coffee shop. We were not that 'tight' to consider either SL or RL 'relationship' status... but we talked, had several coffee shop chats (of ALL things SL.. computers, work, etc.) 

Was GREAT... tho alas.. we drifted as both having similar RL matters of our same age/stature and don't meet up any longer. Haven't seen her inworld recently.. but HEY! NEVER KNOW for sure when it may happen again! 

I spent 10 years with someone I met in RL. Though now divorced, we're still good friends. I don't think I want to try that all again with someone I meet in SL.

I'll just continue to work on tolerating Snugs, who follows me wherever I go.

The risk is just too high that your SL love is b.s.c. in real life  ( bat s$# crazy).

Many “internet people” are here because they don’t do RL well to start with (I was one when I came here....”emotionally damaged” is a good description of me then). Th social skills of people on the internet can be “different” and we have the added handicap of no visual cues as to what might be lurking under the surface. Avatars have no observable subtext because their “body language” is all scripted.

I have been in the same SL relationship since 2005, we have zero plans to mess up our SL relationship by taking things to RL.

SL relationships are fun because you don’t have the RL complications; no budget battles, no insecurity about your body becoming less attractive as you age or bear children, you never GET pregnant unless you want to and a prim baby is no financial hardship and need changing.....

SL relationships also have a safety valve. If you start spatting, you log off until you cool off. RL is a bit more complicated :-)

I love my Partner and our relationship -but we like things as they are :-)

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

a prim baby is no financial hardship

That, up thar, could be a tad inaccurate!! LOL 

Take it from any single guy in the position.... Buying the ISLAND, getting the HOUSE, all the baby room stuff (endless) - that extends out into the backyard! (and across our private beach to the point that there's no Prim Allowance left for boat or helicopter). Than care/feeding (we talking the scripted babies here) which there's, at least one, that can be 'raised' into it's mid-teens..... as buying and upgrading all along (crawling is ONLY the beginning of this wonderful adventure!!) . 

mmmm.. JUST SAYIN'! here, not tryin' to start an argument.... ALL's IS JUST GREAT SL FUN!!        :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AviNews said:

That, up thar, could be a tad inaccurate!! LOL 

Take it from any single guy in the position.... Buying the ISLAND, getting the HOUSE, all the baby room stuff (endless) - that extends out into the backyard! (and across our private beach to the point that there's no Prim Allowance left for boat or helicopter). Than care/feeding (we talking the scripted babies here) which there's, at least one, that can be 'raised' into it's mid-teens..... as buying and upgrading all along (crawling is ONLY the beginning of this wonderful adventure!!) . 

mmmm.. JUST SAYIN'! here, not tryin' to start an argument.... ALL's IS JUST GREAT SL FUN!!        :o

Compared to what it cost me to have two RL children and raise them..... SL is a bargain :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Totally agree on that.. the SL verses RL.... BUT the sensation of going thru all is nearly the same!!   

The SL experience ought to be REQUIRED prior to embarking upon the RL relationship!! (just keepin' all within this thread's topic.. btw!)

• Like 1

Made a platonic friend online a number of years ago. We chatted every day for about 3 years, in groups and just the 2 of us, we spoke on the phone, got along great. Eventually she invited me to come to the US to visit her. So I jump on plane, 13 hours later I am there. Turned out she was a freaking PSYCHO. Paranoid, controlling, verbally abusive, nothing like she was online or on the phone. We drove quite some distance to a different city with another friend from our online group and she had a complete meltdown in a small town motel on the way back, screaming and throwing things at us so the friend and I had to leave for our own safety, with no car of course. Most of my stuff was still at her place and I had no idea how I was going to retrieve it, eventually got a third party to negotiate with her to get it back. I had nowhere to stay for the rest of my time in the US, it was quite stressful. 

So yeah, I have no plans to meet anyone from SL or any other online space in real life ever again. If you do go to meet someone you know online and it's further away than your local coffee shop, make sure you have a backup plan!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Many years back, I met up in RL with an SL platonic female friend.  We had chatted via various chat applications and via phone many times before that.  We had an awesome weekend together.  That was the weekend of my one and only SL wedding and my friend was critical to that weekend being successful.

I did consider meeting a guy in RL once, but ultimately did not.  There are a couple others that I chatted with on the phone way back in the day and I am currently FB friends with in RL.  Seeing the posts that people make in RL give a strong indication of the type of person they are outside of SL, so I wouldn't feel too worried about meeting either of them in RL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hubby and I met online, and were friends for quite a while before we even came to sl, and more after coming to sl. We've been together for forever now...it worked out well for us. I don't think of us as an exception, but we're also not a rule...we're one couple of many. 

That said, I think it's imperative for all relationships to start out as friends and build to more-regardless of where they begin(online, rl), if one has any intention of ever taking it beyond that. A lot of people don't see it that way, and I think that's a huge contributor to why things don't work out well, combined with the anonymous to semi-anonymous/pretend "be anyone/thing you want, or hide certain parts of one's self online" factor....and, you have a disaster waiting to happen. If people fail to REALLY get to know one another, build up trust, build up to more without setting high expectations right out the gate, they've truly only themselves to blame when ***** hits the fan-MOST of the time(not all, there are some exceptions, as with anything).

I have known many over the years that met online, became more, took it to rl, and worked out just peachy. Odds are pretty good you won't hear about nearly as many because those of us that work out aren't really newsworthy, the lack of drama and intrigue makes it so. The ones that don't work out, however, you'll hear proclaimed all over the place..because people love that kind of drama, lol. 

• Like 3

Yes. We started dating in SL in mid-2012, and met up in earlyish 2013 for the first time. We tried to  hit it off - bless his heart because I was military and he flew across the country in a few states (US) to see me when I was in the states. Ultimately it didn't work out for us in RL because we both wanted different things. He is still my partner in SL, though, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He's my best friend and we talk quite a bit across RL platforms. We love each other dearly, just not the way that you'd want for an eternal RL partner.

• Like 3

This was about meeting in real for long term this was mature conversation not immature level and meeting for sex.

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1