Land Help - What Do I Pay

KittenMinx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let's say I buy a premium membership per year. If I go then to somewhere like Bay City or Gel Community and buy a plot of land 1024 sqm or 512, after i buy the land upfront what else do I pay for? Nothing? Just my yearly premium account. - If those areas offer me 500 prims can I use the 500 prims and be fine? With no charges?  Or do I have to stay in the Premium members prim allotment? I'm trying to find out if it's truly worth it getting the premium account.

-KittenMinx

Yes, as a premium member who wants to avoid additional tier charges, you buy up to 1024m of mainland for whatever the seller is charging. You can then use however many prims are shown in the Parcel Land Capacity section of the About Land - Objects tab. There are no extra prim usage charges for land in sims that offer double prims, which is why those parcels are so appealing and sell for more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KittenMinx said:

Okay, so i'll be okay as long as I buy the land in one of those sizes and continue my premium account? and thank you!

You might also want to do the math on those double prim mainland lots. If you compare a 1000 linden 1024 to a 40,000 linden (I have seen nice ones in the 20s but not often) for a double prim lot, it takes quite awhile to make up the difference in payment versus a tier payment on a larger parcel ($7 US a month right now for those same prims) . 

Just sayin. 

And if you really want double prim land you can get some really excellent rental plots in Horizons for very little payment. It all depends what you need and want.

You could also make an alt and have them be premium and then you could make a group and buy a 2048 (plenty of those at good prices)and it would still cost you about $2 US per month if you pay yearly. 

NOTE THINGS WILL BE CHANGING THIS YEAR --- premium membership levels with the current one being a bit more expensive it seems (this from Ebbe's interview this week) but also more land pricing cuts -- and possibly the need to be a certain level of premium for some specific land features (that's my guess from reading between the lines  and logic  -- nothing official). So what is true now will likely not be true in a few months.

It doesn't necessarily  have to be double prim. I'm just trying to verify that i wont have to pay anything besides my premium account after i buy the land. Because if i have to spend money on premium and  a monthly/weekly fee then I'm not buying premium.

11 minutes ago, KittenMinx said:

It doesn't necessarily  have to be double prim. I'm just trying to verify that i wont have to pay anything besides my premium account after i buy the land. Because if i have to spend money on premium and  a monthly/weekly fee then I'm not buying premium.

As long as you don't have more than a 1024 lot you have no charge on tier when premium.  A Linden Home would count as 512 of that 1024 OR you could buy a 1024. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:34 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I missed hearing about this.  Do you know where I can find the transcript or other info from it?

https://modemworld.me/ has info on the Development Meeting. 

OR if you meant Designing Worlds (which I thought you saw), it is here:  https://www.slartist.com/designing-worlds-dw370-ebbe-interviewed_8d36463c5.html

Those are the two newest bit of info that I know of.   My comment about "this week" was  about Designing Worlds. It of course was taped earlier than that. And since that video is a week old now I more properly might have said "last week". Sorry if that was the confusion.  

42 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

https://modemworld.me/ has info on the Development Meeting. 

OR if you meant Designing Worlds (which I thought you saw), it is here:  https://www.slartist.com/designing-worlds-dw370-ebbe-interviewed_8d36463c5.html

Those are the two newest bit of info that I know of.   My comment about "this week" was  about Designing Worlds. It of course was taped earlier than that. And since that video is a week old now I more properly might have said "last week". Sorry if that was the confusion.  

Yeah, I meant the Designing Worlds one when I posted - and then I went Googling and found that slartist link.  :) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.