Attachments that collide with land?

Techwolf77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but there used to be an avatar that had a tail that collided with the ground (likely using scripts)

Unfortunately I cannot get the Fairysnake naga avatar because their store closed down...

I want to sort of "recreate" that system from the fairysnake naga. So I don't have to use the 5j lamia tail anymore. The problem I am facing is that I want to play ANY animation I want while being a Naga-ish creature without deforming in the most absurd ways. Which is why I request a script to make a collision enabled physics tail....

If It has been done before. It can be done again!

Attachments don't collide with anything.   A script in an attachment with a collision event responds to the avatar's collisions, not those of the the attachment.   There's a separate group of events, land_collision(vector pos), land_collision_start(vector pos) and land_collision_end(vector pos) for when you're dealing with collisions with the ground rather than objects/avatars.

I'm just guessing here but it sounds like the tail was Bento-rigged to one of the new bones that most animations won't use and just had good convincing animations made for it.

Like Innula said, scripts alone can't achieve anything close to what you're describing. 

The fairysnake naga was made way before bento bones came out. 

And I AM looking for ground collision.  I don't care about object collision. Just the ground. 

Thanks for the replies. 

Edited by Techwolf77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.