VeritasMcMaster

How Do You Get Enough Lindens??? Limit

Question

I thought the $30 limit to exchange for Lindens was a daily limit. Now I'm super bummed bc it looks like it's a  monthly limit. Surely people with more money than me and these huge places don't build exchanging $30 a month. Someone please tell me how to exchange USD for Lindens. I have paypal. Need 30,000L. Thanks

8 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, VeritasMcMaster said:

I thought the $30 limit to exchange for Lindens was a daily limit. Now I'm super bummed bc it looks like it's a  monthly limit. Surely people with more money than me and these huge places don't build exchanging $30 a month. Someone please tell me how to exchange USD for Lindens. I have paypal. Need 30,000L. Thanks

be patient, it doesn't take a month to raise.

Within a few days, mostly two or so, you will be on the $100 level.

Don't go on the path of buying from other players, it's not allowed,

both, buyer and sellerr have the risk to get banned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And don't be too eager to spend money before you understand the economy and know how SL works. You can waste a lot of L$ in ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The $30 USD per month is only an initial limit.  It's there for two reasons.  One, to keep you from spending too much at a time when you're new, and excited, and prone to spending money unwisely.  And two, to help prevent criminals from using SL and its currency for money laundering.

This limit will begin to be increased very soon.  In only a couple of days, you'll be able to spend up to $100 USD per month.  By the end of a month, you'll most likely be at a limit of $1,999 USD per month.

Before spending a lot of money on avatar accessories such as mesh bodies or heads, get several free demos and experiment with them.  Also read reviews on the most popular new products at sites like strawberrysingh.com or meshbodyaddicts.com.  Before spending money on land, I recommend either getting a Premium membership and a free Linden Home, or renting a small Mainland or private estate parcel for a month or two.  This will give you hands on experience with how land in SL works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good advice Rolig. Luckily, I had no money early on so learned how to do without spending much. I've only been here 4 months but buying property for the first time meant I had to not only spend a lot (I thought was the only challenge) I had to figure out how to get it exchanged. I posted here bc I can see so many people spend a ton of money and they can't all go through this delay or low limit to do so. The money for my first house did get exchanged late on the day I needed it so all is okay for now. Still wondering how people exchange larger sums. 

Great info Lindal. Since I was so Linden poor for my first few months... and leery as this was my first virtual world experience, I got nearly everything I needed from the freebie places (landing spots, The Free Dove, Freebie Warehouse, Freebie Galaxy) and shopping 0-10 at marketplace. Luckily, I also had a friend who knew the ropes to guide me in the beginning. She got a real tickle out of what I could find for little or nothing.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I teach a class on shopping on Fridays, at 5 pm SL time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  We cover a number of bargain hunting ideas...both the ones you mention, and hunts, gachas, group gifts, Lucky Chairs, and Midnight Mania.  It's free to attend!

• Like 1

Perfecct, Lindal -that's 30 minutes from now so I can make it. I've taken lots of training at Caledon Oxbridge University and am very grateful to them and you for making it available. Thanks for posting!! Oh mercy... I may have to friend you to ask for a link. I'm inworld now if you can send teleport.