Sign in to follow this  
Gopi Passiflora

What are some old (pre-Facebook/Youtube) Internet things that you use?

Hard to remember the pre-facebook/Youtube era... uhm... yeah, Wikipedia; media/press web sites; some weather forecast site; IMDB.com.

Livejournal. Well actually not; I was on Livejournal a long time (since around 2003) but when the Russians took it over I moved my blog to Dreamwidth, which is where most of the fan communities migrated to.  It's independent but uses the same code as Livejournal. I still use it for my SL blogging.

Hmmmm... I CHOOSE to withhold such information such as THAT!!  (Can't allow anything to Damage my Stellar Character here!)   Sort'a have a BROAD range of interests.. and surf internet as unbridled in ANY way (while at home... NEVER on my office desktop tho!)   9_9  

Just sayin'.. tho I still visit a short list of sites, sometimes... as they remain 'of interest' to me!

I still have my IMVU account. Login to website now and then, but haven't logged into the actual client for a few years

Have Yahoo for the search engine, couple email accounts. And my Flickr.

Forums :D

There are some forums I've been active on since 2002, and others which I left and moved on.

I still use Wikipedia of course, and deviantArt, and websites of print media (I still have a few media that I get regular newsletters from), and weather.com.

I had a Geocities webpage (though Geocities doesn't exist anymore), but I still have a Photobucket account which I haven't logged into for years, and Flickr (same), and a couple (still active) email accounts at Yahoo.

As for search engines: I've been using https://www.startpage.com for years :P

Edited by ThorinII

I still use IRC and usenet. And I never got into all that real name stuff like Facebook, I've been using the internet for many years and large parts of it were anonymous for much of that time. I was honestly quite shocked to see so many people suddenly start sharing all their real life information online. No wonder Mark Zuckerberg thought it was funny.

• Like 4

I don't use it, but amazed a lot of people still use Imagur when far better replacements are available like JumpShare and CloudApp. ~snorts~

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I don't use it, but amazed a lot of people still use Imagur when far better replacements are available like JumpShare and CloudApp. ~snorts~

I think most people use Imgur to quickly share an image on places like reddit, rather than as a photo storage solution. It doesn't require an account to use.