Need help choosing a head and skin to get this Asian look

TheAumi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys! It's me Aumi. I'm always on this forum asking you guys to aid me in choosing my next purchase. Thank you so much!

Right now,  just can't decide which head & skin to buy to capture this look:

2355198-bigthumbnail.jpg

(She's supposed to be Diao Chan. My most favourite person from Chinese mythology.. but this is just a random artwork of her that I think is super pretty.)

Okay, so I know that any head will do cause that's why sliders are there.. BUT I just wanted to know what y'all guys think and maybe suggest a head (also a skin!!) that could optimally pull this off!

Xièxiè! 

Edited by TheAumi

Mudskins has awesome Asian/Asian-esq skins with a similar feel if the right eyes and hair are put to them. (My avi had pink eyes and purple hair, which is why I say this, and I always think she looks less Asian because of it. ><)

They also seem to make skins mainly for Lelutka heads (loooove!), although I dont know the specific one they advertise in their ads. But they have shapes purchasable, so maybe grab all the demos from both stores and see!

You'll have to visit them both In World, I think.

Catwa has one specifically Asian head, the name of which I can't recall. You can also do a marketplace search for "Asian" or "Chinese" and narrow by shapes, and see what heads the shapes you like most are made for. Demo with an Asian skin you like, though. Also, check out Mayreal heads - the brand isn't add popular as some, but I've heard great things and, if I recall correctly, they have at least some that look Asian.

Skin-wise, Pink Fuel has at least one Asian skin (Hanoko, I think?) and all of her skins have a monolid option. Deetalez also has some lovely Asian inspired skins. Honestly, many creators have at least one, though that style may not be their specialty. 

3 hours ago, Jeny Howlett said:

I think Catwa Steffi would be good for this look. Steffi is actually modelled afer FFX Yuna :D 

CATWA HEAD Steffi

[MUDSKIN] Yoni skin would be a good match for it

MUDSKIN @ YONI

Oh my goshh these are perfect! Thanks for sharing your suggestions, you were on my last post as well and I ended up buying a kimono from Naminoke. Everything you show me I'm just bound to buy. LOL

AND ALSO, If I'm correct these are the body appliers for the MUDSKIN skins right? 

d087f35e50eb253e669948d775115f27.png

image.png

22 minutes ago, TheAumi said:

Oh my goshh these are perfect! Thanks for sharing your suggestions, you were on my last post as well and I ended up buying a kimono from Naminoke. Everything you show me I'm just bound to buy. LOL

AND ALSO, If I'm correct these are the body appliers for the MUDSKIN skins right? 

d087f35e50eb253e669948d775115f27.png

image.png

Yes head and body must have the same tone number for example head 104 = body 104 ect

• 10 months later...
On 5/23/2018 at 11:16 AM, Jeny Howlett said:

I think Catwa Steffi would be good for this look. Steffi is actually modelled afer FFX Yuna :D 

CATWA HEAD Steffi

[MUDSKIN] Yoni skin would be a good match for it

MUDSKIN @ YONI

Anyone know what shape/settings I would use to get my Steffi head to look like it does above? I have played around with all the sliders and can't get mine to look like this.

Thanks!

Does it mention if Steffi is the head used in that skin ad? 

Many skins have shaped included with them; often this is also in the demo for the skin, so you could give that a try Grab the demo and see if there's a shape included, then wear the shape and apply the demo skin and see if it's what you're looking for. 

Skin has more influence than you think, so don't forget about it when you're fiddling with your shape. It won't change the basic facial structure, but it can make it look a lot different! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.