Animation continues after i re enter an area

stonekaan7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, stonekaan7 said:

I stopped an animation in an area and teleported away for a while. when I return the animation is still going. how can I fix this?

You've provided almost NO useful information but...

I'll hazard a guess...

Did you...

1. Click some animating object in the sim in question such as a dance ball in a club, or similar, then

2. Use the "stop all animations"  option in your viewers top bar menu and then

3. Leave the sim, so that

4. When you return the device that was animating you still has animation permissions and still thinks it's supposed to be animating you?

If the answer is yes, click the dance ball again, pick a dance, and PAY ATTENTION to local chat, where you may well see a message telling you to say "/99stop" or something similar in local chat to disengage from the dance ball, or you may find a "stop dancing" button in the dance balls menu.

Simply using the stop animations option in the viewer menus wont tell the dance ball, or furniture item that you want it to stop trying to animate you.

• Like 1

If Klytyna's suggestions don't work, also try:

• In the Firestorm viewer, try Avatar/Avatar Health/Stop Avatar Animations and Revoke Permissions
  • If that doesn't help, try Advanced/Release Keys

And if nothing works, it's possible that you are the victim of an exploit.  If you sit on something, or accept an animation offer from a stranger's HUD, it is possible for a device to take the permission to animate you permanently.  If that happens, the object or its owner can animate you without your further consent, any time you are in the same region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.