SamMoon777

Today i lost my friend

13 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Why, though?
I'd say he's better off cutting all ties with that person - someone else may show him the wonders of mesh, and hopefully he learned a bit about friendships by then.

^this

Also, considering the way this 'friend' already acted, he might see any attempt to convert them to see mesh in a better light as prove that mesh has turned his friend into the souless abomination he believes every mesh user turns into. Trying to convince him to trust and join "the cult" or something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

"One of us! One of us!"

The initial rite of said cult would, of course, be a full day of shopping.

"Resistance is futile"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I once had someone (not a close friend thankfully) refuse to associate with me because I told him I was friends with someone who had a system avi, so that sort of attitude can go both ways. He was all excited to be my friend, and hang out with me, but when he learned that I would associate with people who were not mesh he told me he couldn't be my friend

• Confused 2

OP: I've seen this go both ways and I find it really odd since sl is about diversity. To be that petty shows how ignorant this person is. I'm sorry you lost someone you thought was a friend. That can hurt. Just always remember to be who you are. You have the right to express yourself with the avi, clothing and accessories you choose in sl. If someone can't accept that, you don't need them. Just be who you are and realize genuine friends are going to accept who you are.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LyricalBookworm said:

OP: I've seen this go both ways and I find it really odd since sl is about diversity. To be that petty shows how ignorant this person is. I'm sorry you lost someone you thought was a friend. That can hurt. Just always remember to be who you are. You have the right to express yourself with the avi, clothing and accessories you choose in sl. If someone can't accept that, you don't need them. Just be who you are and realize genuine friends are going to accept who you are.

thank you for the big support:*

As a 10+ avatar. There was no choice (for me) but to eventually go mesh. I love to shop and for me when I noticed my favorite stores were no longer making "classic" or "system" Avatar clothing I knew that one day I would make that change as well. For most people, our Avatars are our personal choice and reflection of who we want to be. The fact that your "friend" would stop associating with you over a desire to change your outward appearance it's ridiculously especially as others stated in a virtual world where diversity is to be celebrated.

On the other hand, I can see the point of not wanting to look the same as everyone else, which is why I don't think I will be getting rid of my classic avatar face anytime soon. Couldn't imagine walking into my twin out there. *laughs*

Truth be told, that person was never your friend. Cut your losses and move on. Be happy you deserve it.

I saw your photo you look great *wink*

• Thanks 1

You did pretty good and look good all that matters. True friend sticks by your side not get mad over by looks its the soul. Your body your rules know one can tell you how to live. Your ex-friend has issues find friends that embrace you ether mesh or classic.

32228705_248344522397127_3237921968384638976_n.jpg

flaws.jpg

Edited by Dreamerra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sam, your ex-friend was a bit of an idiot as far as the body goes. With the ability to change the shape and the ability to change the skin a mesh body is far from clone like. What it does have is better feet, better shoulderblades, better abs.

As was said above the system body is mesh too, it's just mesh from 2002 and has shocking feet that cause nightmares.

There is a little to be said though for clones and mesh heads. While there is some change in Bento heads they don't offer very much customisation in the grand scheme of things. I actually wish that the system head was bento capable, with better ears (the system ears are like the system feet) a system head is far more customisable and unique.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Sam, your ex-friend was a bit of an idiot as far as the body goes. With the ability to change the shape and the ability to change the skin a mesh body is far from clone like. What it does have is better feet, better shoulderblades, better abs.

As was said above the system body is mesh too, it's just mesh from 2002 and has shocking feet that cause nightmares.

There is a little to be said though for clones and mesh heads. While there is some change in Bento heads they don't offer very much customisation in the grand scheme of things. I actually wish that the system head was bento capable, with better ears (the system ears are like the system feet) a system head is far more customisable and unique.

thank you for your support. My ex friend seem just deep manipulator and i see it only now, but i think even better late than never. My system shape and skin was skin-shape pack that was cost more than 2000L 6 years ago and looks high quality too(but feet  are awful.lol) and i  hope that mesh head can be like slink for example,that fits system shape.  

16 hours ago, Alexianna GossipGirl said:

As a 10+ avatar. There was no choice (for me) but to eventually go mesh. I love to shop and for me when I noticed my favorite stores were no longer making "classic" or "system" Avatar clothing I knew that one day I would make that change as well. For most people, our Avatars are our personal choice and reflection of who we want to be. The fact that your "friend" would stop associating with you over a desire to change your outward appearance it's ridiculously especially as others stated in a virtual world where diversity is to be celebrated.

On the other hand, I can see the point of not wanting to look the same as everyone else, which is why I don't think I will be getting rid of my classic avatar face anytime soon. Couldn't imagine walking into my twin out there. *laughs*

Truth be told, that person was never your friend. Cut your losses and move on. Be happy you deserve it.

I saw your photo you look great *wink*

thank you for good words and support.^*

On 5/22/2018 at 11:08 AM, SamMoon777 said:

I bought Altamura Body and it looks good for me ,because it s my first mesh body) When my friend met me, he said "welcome to clone mesh sh*t world,goodbye". so.....what it was?mesh haters still exist))and then he kept writing what i should change in my avi, goodbye again, and then muted me.lol

That so-called friend of yours is an idiot. I cannot stand there are people crying over mesh being in sl. If they don't like it.. fine don't like it. But don't ruin everyone else's happiness because they wanna be a sourpuss.  They can go Kick rocks for real.

• Like 2