Voice stays after a troll leaving

Mystie Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have some parcels for doing classes in voice chat.  We have this one guy who has been harassing us and other communities for many years now, and although we keep banning him, he creates new accounts and keeps coming back.  The problem is, recently when we ban and kick him out, his voice stays active on the parcel for a long time. He keeps harassing in voice as if he is still there with us, so we have to move out to somewhere else in order to continue our class.  It is really annoying and problematic. It has almost never happened before like this, and even when someone's voice lingers after leaving, it is usually only for a short period of time.  This one is different. I wonder if this voice problem is something new in SL, or the troll found a way to do it? We need it to be fixed ASAP. If anyone knows what can be done other than closing our parcel to strangers, I would really appreciate it. Thank you very much!

6 answers to this question

Yes this is a known problem.
A region restart will not disconnect the griefers voice either.
LL know about it & they are hopefully working on a fix.
Unfortunately all you can do is to file an Abuse Report against the voice troll & request that vivox terminates their voice account, which is the only thing that will kill their voice connection.

• Like 3

Have you tried the Windows solution? Does it continue when you switch the voice in region/parcel off and on again? That could break his connection, better test it though...

Edited by Fionalein

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Have you tried the Windows solution? Does it continue when you switch the voice in region/parcel off and on again? That could break his connection, better test it though...

Thanks, Fionalein. I should try it next time. I have forgotten about the parcel on/off thing. I wonder, though, since region restart hasn't worked for Whirly, maybe it is the same thing with parcel voice setting...

1 hour ago, Mystie Slade said:

Thanks, Fionalein. I should try it next time. I have forgotten about the parcel on/off thing. I wonder, though, since region restart hasn't worked for Whirly, maybe it is the same thing with parcel voice setting...

Ah OK I missed the region restart, in that case I have few hope for tunding off and on again...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.