Sign in to follow this  
ChibiDragon007

Maitreya Body + Anime Head HELP!

Ok so I have a Maitreya body and M3 Venus Anime Head. I know they can work together since I’ve seen videos and such. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix the neck issue (aka the big gaping empty void between the neck and head) that keeps happening. I tried the Omega Neck Fix but tinting it is a pain in the butt. 

Any of you who use an M3 head with Maitreya body want to teach me your ways and help me combine the two? Any advice or tips are appreciated!

• Like 1

I never tried to use a Maitreya body for an anime look. Avatar 2.0 has a neck extension piece for this exact purpose tho.

Edit your shape and extend the neck maybe?

• Like 1

You'd want to set a long neck and absolute minimum head size, especially vertical head dimensions.so the non bento anime head overlaps the end of the neck.

• Like 1

You could make a new alpha which leaves a bit of system neck exposed. You would have to wear a matching system skin of course.

• Like 1

Wait, the non-kemono M3 heads are rigged? You can't just resize and reposition? I thought all the Utilizator parts were full mod

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MegaRose said:

Wait, the non-kemono M3 heads are rigged? You can't just resize and reposition? I thought all the Utilizator parts were full mod

You can reposition them, but you need to reposition the neck to head joint. For example, of you repositioned your unrigged head 3 ft up above where your system head would be... Everytime you nodded your head with an anim, your unrigged mesh head would describe an arc and slam forward about 3 feet... Like some neck mounted sledgehammer.

• Like 2

Hey guys so I am still having issues -_- 

I got the Omega Neck Fix in an attempt to make things work and it just... it failed horribly. To the point where now my Kemono avatar got screwed up. I’m pretty much close to giving up and just keeping my LAQ head for my Maitreya body and M3 Venus for my Kemono body....

I tried to edit the alpha and I think that’s where I screwed myself over. I tried to make part of it invisible to hide the gap and just ohgodwhy. 

I don’t get why the Maitreya creator wouldn’t put out a fix for this issue, it would make them a killing considering a lot of people use the anime heads on Maitreya for more clothing options. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 9:27 AM, Klytyna said:

You'd want to set a long neck and absolute minimum head size, especially vertical head dimensions.so the non bento anime head overlaps the end of the neck.

See I tried that but then it makes the hair I want to use not work right with the head (I use Ayashi hairstyles which for the anime heads they need to be made larger in order to fit). 

• Like 2

I have the opposite problem, wanting to wear either Catwa or LAQ head with Kemono body (there's some amazing armor that is Kemono exclusive). Not sure if there is a solution for that either, but I haven't tried the Omega Neck Fix yet.

Did you see this video with a possible solution to your problem? Seems to involve removing the alpha and wearing a matching system skin or something, which I think is pretty much what angeoco was suggesting.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2018 at 6:18 PM, MegaRose said:

M3 is not rigged, M3A2 (that comes with Avatar 2.0) is. But just because you can reposition/resize doesn't mean it's gonna look right, most mesh bodies are made with LL head compatibility in mind so they stop exactly where the LL head starts, while utilizator's body necks extend all the way to the jaw line.

And yeah all utilizator stuff is mod, rigged or not.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 9:08 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

I never tried to use a Maitreya body for an anime look. Avatar 2.0 has a neck extension piece for this exact purpose tho.

Edit your shape and extend the neck maybe?

How do i find this? this is what i need! :O

1 hour ago, Pakk16 said:

How do i find this? this is what i need! 😮

In the 2.0 package there is a "bonus box" that contains extra bits and bobs, including the neck extension.