Catwa vs. Lelutka?

VanessaVoltaire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there,

I've been using the LOGO Chloe mesh head for quite some time now, but I am curious about upgrading to a bento head. The reason I've held off for such a long time, is because I was never able to achieve a desirable look with any of them. I've seen many people pull off amazing looks with the Catwa Catya head, but I personally can't stand Catwa's HUD. I think it's clunky, cumbersome, and just completely unappealing. The HUD issue coupled with the fact that I haven't been able to achieve a desirable look with Catwa, kept me away from bento heads ever since they came out.

A couple days ago I discovered the Lelutka bento heads. I tried their mesh heads awhile back and wasn't really a fan, but I am loving their bento heads and the HUD that comes with it. I understand that going with Lelutka over Catwa will mean decreased support (i.e. going with any other mesh body over Maitreya Lara), but will that support dwindle even further if I pick one Lelutka head over the others? I guess what I'm trying to say is will all the Lelutka appliers work on all the Lelutka bento heads, and do any of the heads have more support behind them than the others (i.e. have appliers specifically made for them.)? I have an idea for which head I want to choose from Lelutka, but I don't want to choose it if another one has a lot more options and support behind it.

In general, even though some skins are labelled for specific LeLutka heads, I found most skins quite compatible, owning Chloe and Spencer myself.
Simone has simply been around for much longer, compared to the other heads, so you might consider that one the base.

I found the most differences among piercings, rigged for specific heads. If that is a criteria of yours, make sure to try on demos of your preferred set.

The general applier support isn't very large, sadly, compared to Catwa. Be prepared to settle for Omega appliers at times.

Strangely enough, whenever I thank a creator for keeping up applier support for LeLutka, they are highly likely to drop their support with their next release. ¬¬

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Strangely enough, whenever I thank a creator for keeping up applier support for LeLutka, they are highly likely to drop their support with their next release. ¬¬

don't thank them then please :D

The good thing about lelutka and catwa is they are pretty similar... unless you have some tongue animations you can get away "borrowing" animations designed for the other heads... usually works 4 out of 5 times ;)

I would have thought appliers for lelutka would work across all the heads. If you like a specific head get it and don't settle for second best because it has more options and support. i've done some head demoing and how well supported the head is for appliers has been less of a concern than how the head actually looks and works i've decided i'd eventually like to go for Lelutka chloe as it's as close to "me" as possible with out modding my shape plus the HUD is clear and easy to use. the other heads i've tried such as LAQ if the head has been ok i've not got on with the HUD i wouldn't settle for a HUD i don't get on with just to have something more widely supported

13 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I would have thought appliers for lelutka would work across all the heads. If you like a specific head get it and don't settle for second best because it has more options and support.

I dare to object - I wear the GA Logo skin because I think those fit better than the GA skins that were made specially for the Lelutka heads(you know, the ones that came with it) :D see, just because it says it was made with a special head in mind does not mean it will also be better by default...

Edited by Fionalein

I'm actually happy LAQ is back and making bento mesh heads. I still have her old skins from early days.

I like catwa also

I like leltuka. But I feel there aren't enough appliers for other heads out there. I see more catwa appliers than  LeLutka 

I also read Snow rabbit's blog. I think she is also working on making a bento head as well in the near future.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

Allright, I figured i could waste an hour on this. Whatever STYLE you like, is really up to you, it's a matter of taste.

NOW... On the technical side... (in all those, lower is always better, as long as it looks good enough)

.LeLutka.Head.Simone 3.0-DEMO

• Teeth: vertices: 22716, triangles: 41850, video ram: 12.2Mb.
  • Head: vertices: 15756, triangles: 29064, video ram: 45Mb.
  • Eyes: verticles: 1144, triangles: 2120, video ram: 6.1Mb.

CATWA HEAD Strawberry [DEMO]

• Head: vertices: 45900, triangles: 80592, video ram: 51Mb.
  • Head toothless: vertices: 36716, triangles: 64680, video ram: 30Mb.
  • Eyes: vertices: 1256, Triangles: 2092, video ram: 3Mb.
  • Ears: vertices: 10632, triangles: 20376, video ram: 9Mb.
  • Teeth B [Small] v3.2 [DEMO]: vertices: 9280, triangles: 16020, video ram: 22.5Mb.

For the sake of comparison:

• M3A2 Bento Head (comes with the avatar 2.0 body): vertices: 2728, triangles: 4496, video ram: 3.3Mb
  • Entire Kemono body: vertices: 16784, triangles: 26120, video ram: 2Mb.
Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I dare to object - I wear the GA Logo skin because I think those fit better than the GA skins that were made specially for the Lelutka heads(you knwo the ones taht came with it) :D see, just because it says it was made with a special head in mind does not mean it will also be better by default...

That's good to know already use GA as my system skin so will bare the GA Logo ones in mind when i eventually get a head :)

From what I’ve seen, Lelutka has been getting more skin and makeup. It has its own powder case releases. 

Choose one of each that you like, grab a demo of each. Then go to your favorite skin stores and try them out.

The most popular choice isn’t always the best choice. The best choice is always going to be the one you want.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

That's good to know already use GA as my system skin so will bare the GA Logo ones in mind when i eventually get a head :)

GA does not sell Omega, but you can use almost all Logo head appliers on Omega-enabled mesh ;) so if you want to stay GA skinned you can use almost any omega enabled mesh head...

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

GA does not sell Omega, but you can use almost all Logo head appliers on Omega-enabled mesh ;) so if you want to stay GA skinned you can use almost any omega enabled mesh head...

• Thanks 1

You do know that LOGO has bento heads now, right? As for Catwa versus Lelutka...Catwa has upper and lower layers on the head layers. The chin is squarer and cheeks are broader. The Lelutka just has the one layer in each slot. The cheeks are narrower and the chin is narrower and more pointed. Keep that in mind as well. Both are good heads as are the LOGO heads.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.