Missing Textures

Pter Moreau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings All,

This evening ( May 19th PST) I was building, when i noticed that 90% of my textures were missing from my inventory. Only the most recent textures, which i have purchased, were showing.  I have tried logging out then in, checked my filters. Has anyone had this issue? am I the only one? How can I get them back?

Thanks in advance

• Pter Moreau changed the title to Missing Textures

While texture DO disappear from the database (not just your own inventory) my experience is that it is just one or two at a time, not a truckload. 

Have you tried seeing if they are visible in another viewer?  That is a simple and easy test. If they are gone in another viewer also, that's not good. You can try turning in a ticket for recovery but my experiences with that (several tries) have not been positive. They tried but only got a few things back. 

IF you can see your missing textures in another viewer then it could be a corrupted file. You can copy that file over from one viewer to another. There is more info on that on the Firestorm wiki under inventory loss.  Sorry but I don't have the link. 

16 minutes ago, Pter Moreau said:

Thank you tons Chic. The textures are there under another viewer. So I will work on getting them over  from another viewer.

OK but you don't have to upload them again. The point is if I wasn't clear -- the database has them. You only need to copy the file from the working viewer that points to them (Next time I find that filename I will put it on a sticky note :|).

Glad it will be a fairly easy fix. This seems to be happening a lot these days. Not sure what is up with that. 

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's probably just a borked viewer cache.
Clear cache in the viewer that has the missing textures & hopefully that will fix it.

Unfortunately there is another issue that is popping up a LOT that isn't a cache thing. Certainly clearing cache "can" work but normally not when the folders appear as empty. At least that has been my experience. I was hoping you were popping in with the NAME of that file that needs to be copied over LOL.   Oh well. 

15 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Clear cache

*giggles for the fact we all spend so long telling people not to (except in outlier cases)*

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Unfortunately there is another issue that is popping up a LOT that isn't a cache thing. Certainly clearing cache "can" work but normally not when the folders appear as empty. At least that has been my experience. I was hoping you were popping in with the NAME of that file that needs to be copied over LOL.   Oh well. 

This would likely be one where I think heading to an empty underwater region, and clearing the inventory cache, rather then the texture cache, will be the help Whirly was considering.

The FS link is highly useful, of course! :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

This would likely be one where I think heading to an empty underwater region, and clearing the inventory cache, rather then the texture cache, will be the help Whirly was considering.

Just noting that clearing cache did NOT work for me and as that FS link suggests the empty folder syndrome can point to the missing file. Certainly clearing inventory cache would be a first test. I guess I just assumed most folks would do that as a first step :D.    

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.