Tanith Rosenbaum

How can my Landlord allow me to add an experience to my rented (group-owned) land in the land panel "allowed experiences" field?

Question

Hello everyone,

I've been experimenting with the experiences tools for a while now, and yesterday I finally became a premium member to get an experience key, and asked my landlord to allow me to add my own experience to the land I'm renting from him, i.e. allow me to set my experience as "allowed experience" in the land panel experience tab. The parcel is a mainland parcel on Zindra.

He made me an experience contributor and experience admin in the land group, and I set my experience to the group and it does show up in the group panel, and the experience rating matches the land rating (Adult) - but that didn't seem to change my ability to add it in the land panel (all buttons on the Experience tab are still greyed out for me), nor my ability to use it on my land (it still throws XP_ERROR_NOT_PERMITTED_LAND in experience_permission_denied). 

Unfortunately, searching the knowledge base and the web in general didn't turn up any useful information either. So I'm stuck right now. Does anyone here know how to enable this?

Edited by Tanith Rosenbaum

4 answers to this question

On 5/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, Tanith Rosenbaum said:

Hello everyone,

I've been experimenting with the experiences tools for a while now, and yesterday I finally became a premium member to get an experience key, and asked my landlord to allow me to add my own experience to the land I'm renting from him, i.e. allow me to set my experience as "allowed experience" in the land panel experience tab. The parcel is a mainland parcel on Zindra.

He made me an experience contributor and experience admin in the land group, and I set my experience to the group and it does show up in the group panel, and the experience rating matches the land rating (Adult) - but that didn't seem to change my ability to add it in the land panel (all buttons on the Experience tab are still greyed out for me), nor my ability to use it on my land (it still throws XP_ERROR_NOT_PERMITTED_LAND in experience_permission_denied). 

Unfortunately, searching the knowledge base and the web in general didn't turn up any useful information either. So I'm stuck right now. Does anyone here know how to enable this?

What I'm not getting about this problem is why the landlord just doesn't add it himself. That's what I do for all my tenants.

It doesn't seem as if adding a tenant to the a group role with access to "about land" controls enables the adding of Experiences. 

That is, you can create a role in the group called "Experience Contributor" but that is the making of the Experience, not the adding of it to the land.

I think the Lindens just didn't get around to putting this in groups as a "thing" although I could be wrong.

While you may not be able to add Experiences unless you actually own the land or the group with group land, the owner should be able to put in in for you.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2018 at 3:45 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

What I'm not getting about this problem is why the landlord just doesn't add it himself. That's what I do for all my tenants.

I guess neither my landlord nor I thought of that. I will ping my landlord about it later. That should work.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Tanith Rosenbaum

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Yet another reason why you don't rent mainland.

Mainland rentals are perfectly satisfactory for many people.  Some of my tenants have been with me for a long time.  Let's try to be sure our opinions are labeled as such; if not, people who aren't knowledgeable could easily take them for facts.

• Like 1