What does this message mean?

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting a system message that says:

"No Media Plugin was found to handle the "text/html" mime type.  Media of this type will be unavailable."

What does this mean? Also, my friends list  showing  all offline, yet they show online, on my SL dashboard. How do I fix this?

Are you using SL viewer or FS?  Then, of course, is it updated to current version?  

In FS there's a little check to 'hide online status' to others ( or something to that sort)... I don't know how it works, never used it often. But don't think that would change your friend's online status display while your in your viewer.

As for the media plugins... those have been 'changing' over recent years. Someone else may be able to speak to that with more detail.

Edited by AviNews

That friends offline thing has been around a long time.  Logging into a different location usually/often/sometimes fixes it and maybe a restart of the sim it occurs on.

I had the media plug in issue once too and rebooting my modem fixed that but I have no idea if it was coincidence or technical.  *flicks blonde hair*

On 5/19/2018 at 1:15 PM, KarraSue said:

I am getting a system message that says:

"No Media Plugin was found to handle the "text/html" mime type.  Media of this type will be unavailable."

What does this mean? Also, my friends list  showing  all offline, yet they show online, on my SL dashboard. How do I fix this?

For your first question i'm not 100% sure but it sounds like the parcel owner is trying to display HTML pages with the parcel media.

Don't quote me on this but back in the days when we still used the apple plugin you could push all sorts of non standard things in the parcel media url, such as flash animations, webpages and even pictures. (back then I used that to replace the moon on my land by a gif... good times)

Anyway i'm not sure it's still possible now that we use VLC as the viewer's media player, it's possible that this parcel is still using that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/05/2018 at 7:16 PM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

This is an issue that the lab are aware of. It was raised by the FS team at the server user group recently and @Inara Pey reported the resulting discussion in her blog.

https://modemworld.me/2018/05/30/2018-sl-project-updates-22-1-simulator-user-group-meeting/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2130 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.