Mesh skin with multicolors

AlexandriteGem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone noticed that my Maitreya skin has a multicolored pattern. Like waves or stripes. He said he saw four more females with the same issue, yesterday.
I am on FS, but logged on with Alchemy and still had that issue. This is what I mean: https://prnt.sc/jjbvo7

Has this been reported? Is there a solution? And yes, I restarted, cleared cache, cleaned inventory, went to Aich until I rezzed.... blah blah

What can be done?

6 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Someone noticed that my Maitreya skin has a multicolored pattern. Like waves or stripes. He said he saw four more females with the same issue, yesterday.
I am on FS, but logged on with Alchemy and still had that issue. This is what I mean: https://prnt.sc/jjbvo7

Has this been reported? Is there a solution? And yes, I restarted, cleared cache, cleaned inventory, went to Aich until I rezzed.... blah blah

What can be done?

Looks like the visual cache got corrupted... do you see this also, or did only this person?

12 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Looks like the visual cache got corrupted...

It has nothing to do with cached textures because it does happen to "fresh" textures that haven't been cached yet too, in fact it seems to be more likely to happen to those.

I've heard of others having the same problem and it's even another thread about it one the forums right now. It's hard to find any pattern, it happens to different textures and is seen by people running different viewers on wildly different hardware.

I've seen it briefly myself once. I was visiting a sim I had never been to before and one of the textures showed up "rainbowed" for a few seconds before it resolved itself. That seems to indicate that it's a download issue or possibly some sort of file corruption on the assets server but it's ahrd to be sure.

I hope somebody will file a JIRA about it. I can't really do that myself since I don't have much documentation to provide.

Edited by ChinRey

This may be a problem with the bake-servers. Those are being modified for Bakes-On-Mesh.These serves are separate from region servers and not part of the viewer. If they hick-up all viewers will be affected and it won't matter which viewer you use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.