posting in events is unfair

Horacio Collins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Posting guidelines need to be revamped to allow more than 5 even postings a day .  I work for  a club doing the postings for events I rely  on this job to make lindens to survive here . so I  think linden labs should revamp the guidelines on the posting issue . what can i do to do my job efficiently  with this 5 posting limit  that is in place? signed, Horacio Collins

• Confused 1

8 answers to this question

On 18 May 2018 at 3:49 PM, Horacio Collins said:

allow more than 5 even postings a day .  I work for  a club doing the postings for events

A friend of a friend ran a reasonably well known alt rock club in SL, for her own amusement, typically they would have different LIVE dj's and contests several times a day over the whole weekend, even mid week, they were rocking an average of 5 or 6 live sets a day.

They didn't post events... They sent group notices, and encouraged visitors to join the club group so they could keep upto date on who was playing, what the contest theme was and how much prize money was on offer.

Place was seldom empty...

Take the hint...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Holy cow, your club has more than five events per day!?  Tell the owner the help needs a friggin' break already.

most likely the kind of  djxxx 54252025555 event at 9, and djzz54252025556 at 9.15 ... or zoo**ybabyclothesstoreeventdj 252487 at 9.30

my suggestion: ONE event per venu per 12 hours, if your usegroup is alive enough and not just a list of names that never show up, you don't even need the eventscalendar.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 8

We stopped using events because its a waste of time.  We only usually have a max of two events a day and only on alternate days but we were just lost in the spam of things.  I noticed stores even posting hourly events using a made up name dj but really not an actual event just spam store advertising.  Its just a complete mess.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

We stopped using events because its a waste of time.  We only usually have a max of two events a day and only on alternate days but we were just lost in the spam of things.  I noticed stores even posting hourly events using a made up name dj but really not an actual event just spam store advertising.  Its just a complete mess.

I agree, I think that people only rely on event listing on very specific occasions, it never increased nor decreased the amount of people in the most popular clubs. Search is more effective when it comes to advertise a club, just pick the best keywords and it'll pop in the search often.

• Like 1

The entire events infrastructure and purpose needs to be rethought from scratch and hasn't been fit for purpose in years. Events need to be managed from the perspective of people wishing to find an event, NOT from the perspective of people hosting an event trying to spam for traffic.

Clear tight limits need to be placed on the number of events a region can have in any 24 hour period with the total number divided up between land owners. What's that, your tiny parcel only gets 0.25 events per day .. guess that limits you to one every 4 days. Buy more land. Reset the counter on transfer of ownership to prevent gaming. Put the UI to create an event in the viewer, and redo some UI to find events. No more posting events on a website, viewer posted event listings appear here - got to be in world to have an event ... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.