grid8

Hard time finding a community in this game?

I dunno, don't really know where to go and it doesn't really hook me enough to log in a lot. I'd love to log in to this place more but somethings just not doing it for me. I'm kind of a kinky person so I guess i'm looking for friends into that stuff? but i also want to just meet people I can hang around with on here. Everywhere I go on here it feels like it's a middle school dance where noone really wants to talk to eachother or is passing notes to their friends.

• Thanks 2

Among all lunatic abbreviations, letting one so unsightly as 'dunno' be the second word, with which you introduce your issue of social incompetence, makes it feel as if there is little to no chance that I should tolerate your articulation for very long. I shall however offer a few advice on how to make yourself appear less uninteresting: 

- Your profile is practically blank, your profile picture is positively disagreeable - and in an aspect ratio which stretches it. Shortly put, you appear a newb.

- Everyone is 'kind of kinky', if you mean to say that you're into BDSM, spit it out. Or better yet, go to a BDSM club/sim and you'll have kinky aplenty. 

- If you're at a school dance and nobody is asking you up... ... ... Stop standing in the corner like a nerd and show some initiative. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It's actually quite easy to find what you want, if you know what you want. I'll take a guess and say that you want adult experiences in SL, that's literally the easiest thing to find, it basically pounces on you when you join SL and please, SL is not a "game". It has a few game elements, but it's more of a virtual social network than anything.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, grid8 said:

I dunno, don't really know where to go and it doesn't really hook me enough to log in a lot. I'd love to log in to this place more but somethings just not doing it for me. I'm kind of a kinky person so I guess i'm looking for friends into that stuff? but i also want to just meet people I can hang around with on here. Everywhere I go on here it feels like it's a middle school dance where noone really wants to talk to eachother or is passing notes to their friends.

Hmm, changed your profile pic twice in just over 3 years, and your profile reads "Hey STUFF!"

You're kind of kinky and looking for friends into "that stuff"...

No place picks, and the only visible group is "treasure hunters".

So basically, anybody looking at your profile sees NOTHING to indicate that you are into anything but standing around in some shopping mall collecting microscopic fractions of a L$ from a traffic scheme.

And you wonder why those people into "...that STUFF" don't flock to your IM box...

Also just to make sure here, when you say people don't talk, are you referring to local text chat or that voice spam stuff.

An awful lot of folks in SL don't and won't use voicespam, I've seen a guy go mental beserk because he'd been voice spamming at a group of "that STUFF" people for 15 minutes, and none of them had voice enabled so none of them had heard a damn word he said. It ended with him calling us all "dried up [female body part]" then insultingthe staff domme on dute to drop kicked his voice spamming noob ass off the edge of the sim...

So, remember it's alwaysa good idea to check if people actually have voicespam enabled before using it on them, no white dot over their heads, not a hope in hell they will hear you and ALWAYS say hello first IN LOCAL text chat.

Fill out the damn profile, even if it's just some brief words to indicate exactly what "stuff" you are into, join some damn groups and DON'T hide them on your profile, people look for groups to try and guess what other people are interested in.

Learn to use search to find "stuff" related places. Go hang out, DO NOT EXPECT to be come an integral member ofthe regular scene there in under 5 mins, or hours or days... Even weeks might be overly optimistic.

• Like 5

@grid8 - 100% get what you mean. The middle school dance analogy is perfect, wall to wall introverts sometimes.

@Everyone-else-in-this-thread - Sheesh guys, way to be jerks. "YEAH OP ! It's all your fault. We're not unfriendly at all. You need to be more outgoing, more interesting, more fun, more grammatically eloquent, more like someone else. In fact if you could be someone else that would be ideal. Entertain us with your profile, WE DEMAND IT. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

@Everyone-else-in-this-thread - Sheesh guys, way to be jerks.  It's our patriotic duty to find every noob and hug them, and gently ask them what they are into, so as not to scare them, how dare you suggest they should make ANY effort at all to communicate with the rest of the world!

There! I fixed that for you!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

4eac880c7bd3b90a41891d9f0990423c.jpg

Add some bacon, garlic and short-crust pastry, and you have the makings of Bacon & Coney Pie, which is really really tasty! :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Klytyna said:

join some damn groups and DON'T hide them on your profile, people look for groups to try and guess what other people are interested in.

I normally hide mine;

• Kittens for cuddle
  • Kitten Masters
  • Kitten Emperors
  • Kitten Gods
  • Kittens Rool
  • Kitten Wants Tail
  • Kinky Kittens

I don't want people getting the wrong impression of me!

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I normally hide mine;

• Kittens for cuddle
  • Kitten Masters
  • Kitten Emperors
  • Kitten Gods
  • Kittens Rool
  • Kitten Wants Tail
  • Kinky Kittens

you are a crazy cat lady IRL? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I normally hide mine;

• Kittens for cuddle
  • Kitten Masters
  • Kitten Emperors
  • Kitten Gods
  • Kittens Rool
  • Kitten Wants Tail
  • Kinky Kittens

let me guess, you hide them behind a "the cat ate my groups" tag?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Fionalein said:

let me guess, you hide them behind a "the cat ate my groups" tag?

OMG, there is too

21 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

you are a crazy cat lady IRL? 

Nooo, my SL home looks like it, but not in real life.

3 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

OMG, there is too

Nooo, my SL home looks like it, but not in real life.

Just Livin' the Fantasy!      :ph34r:                     NOW WE KNOW!!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Orwar said:

Among all lunatic abbreviations, letting one so unsightly as 'dunno' be the second word, with which you introduce your issue of social incompetence, makes it feel as if there is little to no chance that I should tolerate your articulation for very long. I shall however offer a few advice on how to make yourself appear less uninteresting: 

- Your profile is practically blank, your profile picture is positively disagreeable - and in an aspect ratio which stretches it. Shortly put, you appear a newb.

- Everyone is 'kind of kinky', if you mean to say that you're into BDSM, spit it out. Or better yet, go to a BDSM club/sim and you'll have kinky aplenty. 

- If you're at a school dance and nobody is asking you up... ... ... Stop standing in the corner like a nerd and show some initiative. 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

1. Get off your *****ing high-horse dude, I wouldn't wanna be friends with someone who has a stick as far up their ass as you.

2. I made this account like five years ago and never got on much due to not having very much help with the game in the first place.

3. I don't really need advice on being uninteresting from someone like yourself who critiques another person for saying "dunno". 

4. No-one asked you to tolerate my articulation, you could have just not responded. It's a *****ing thread, you're not a god damn English teacher and this isn't my paper.

If everyone on this website is like you I honestly don't think it's worth spending my time on here.

Edited by grid8
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grid8 said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

That was quite unexpected and impressive . Most people would have simply replied with “u guyz suck “

8 minutes ago, grid8 said:

-Snip-

I'm afraid I'm quite oblivious on the topic of Rick and Morty as I've never seen it, only how acquaintances whose social competence extends to shoving a phone in your face and tell you to laugh at a meme or video and constantly quote them - and judging by their character, I would suspect they would fall under the those who you should pity. But, as Naly said - unexpectedly impressive when compared to your original post. My suggestions still stand, however; how about you apply your eloquence to making yourself appear less of a newbie - and drop something like that into the box of anyone who claims to be a "sapiosexual" and I'm sure you'll be 'revving their engines'.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, grid8 said:

1. Get off your *****ing high-horse dude, I wouldn't wanna be friends with someone who has a stick as far up their ass as you.

2. I made this account like five years ago and never got on much due to not having very much help with the game in the first place.

3. I don't really need advice on being uninteresting from someone like yourself who critiques another person for saying "dunno". 

4. No-one asked you to tolerate my articulation, you could have just not responded. It's a *****ing thread, you're not a god damn English teacher and this isn't my paper.

If everyone on this website is like you I honestly don't think it's worth spending my time on here.

Ok, I'll deduct a point for the copypasta "rant"....

But kudos to you, for the second half of that reply.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Kristen Beornssen said:

Ok, I'll deduct a point for "copypasta" rant....

But kudos to you, for the second half of that reply.

I only did the copypasta because he just seemed so smug and it reminded me of it.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

That was quite unexpected and impressive . Most people would have simply replied with “u guyz suck “

That's just a well known meme quote pasted here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

@Everyone-else-in-this-thread - Sheesh guys, way to be jerks. "YEAH OP ! It's all your fault.

If his profile is nearly blank, why is is coming here wondering what is wrong with everyone else that he can’t find a community?

• Like 2

Well, as I mentioned - I don't know much about Rick and Morty, but, thank you @Kristen Beornssen for that.

Fun times.