Tier discount for public non profit parcels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:05 AM, metukah Lenroy said:

1. I am sure you can find a way to speak your mind without being offensive, rude and mock others way of thinking. 

She could, but we all know she wont. Its more fun this way. 

On 5/19/2018 at 7:18 AM, metukah Lenroy said:

And yet obviously have not been to mine :) 

Foreverland_001.png

dear sweet jeebus... Lagtastic as hell, took forever for the textures to load, mainly as they are all 1024s. and chock full of copyright protected things. Gods i want to report your sim to Disney and Pixar.. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Luna Bliss said:

Foreverland has some lovely qualities, and it was built with passion.

I am a bit surprised you are condoning all that stolen IP Luna.

Just because I mention some positive qualities of the build does not mean I condone any negative ones.

10 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

That's like the MP sellers that steal from games, sell it full perm, and threaten to DMCA you.

Way to double down on stupid.

Oh my gosh I know exactly what you mean. I recently looked at the full perm items because I was making a hunt gift and needed a 'vessel' for my animation and the things I came across are just...incredible.

It's not only the ones that threaten to DMCA but there's also those, on top of threatening who make rules like "You can't sell this item below 100L" or my personal favorite "You are not allowed to gift this item even when used in your build!" I'm like '....dude you stole this mesh and now you get all high and mighty with these stupid rules? The fudge is wrong with you, you stole this crap!'

People 9_9

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Gods i want to report your sim to Disney and Pixar..

Don't forget all that glowing neon "radioactive water" or whatever the hell it's supposed to be, the "Campaign for the Prevention of Retinal Melting" would probably also appreciate an anonymous tipoff...

• 2 weeks later...

The Lindens already give reduced tier status to educational institutions, and that includes non-profit groups that can show the 501-c-3 document from the IRS, AFAIK, or the foreign equivalent.

You can't expect them to do this with inworld groups that have no external RL non-profit status, which takes awhile to get and maintain, as I know, from having run such RL organizations.

In SL, it's not like a sim open to the public versus your private residential sim can cost the Lindens less; if anything, it might cost them more in server power/staff time/electricity.

As someone who has run the SL Public Land Preserve for about 12 years now, with about 50 sites in it, I have to say that if you cannot get the public to support it with tier donations, content donations, and tips of cash, then it's not something the public wants.

I've found over the years that even keep ads going, and pushing this among my tenants in my rentals business and so on, I can't expect more than 15% of the tier costs to be covered by tips and tier donations. So that means either my business has to cover it, or I have to cover it from out of pocket expenses, which I've done at times. I value it -- but maybe not so much to pay $300 US every month. So somebody else better value it, or it gets the axe.

So it's a hard task master, but if your "open to the public" sim can't pay for itself by people valuing it, then you can't expect the Lindens to assume the cost of it.

People are always mourning good sims that go down. I've mourned a few so much that I've assumed the care and feeding of them. Then I don't, when no one else values them. Everybody mourns a good sim and wants the Lindens to do something, but their idea of a tip is 5L, when 50,000L is what is needed to pay the US $195 tier on a grandfathered sim.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, metukah Lenroy said:

Would'nt it be fair and great if Linden Lbas gave discounted tier for public parcels that were created for the pleasure of the SL community?

Such tier discount will encourage more creators and parcel owners to make their land more appealing and allow them to spend more money in SL to make it better. 

As an owner of such land -"Foreverland - Disney tribute park" I know such a discount will help me a lot with bettering my land and make it even more awesome than its already is :)

It's an interesting idea, but really, speaking as one who rents land privately specifically to create something others might enjoy (and because I find mainland to be an eyesore for the purpose) we do go into this with our eyes wide open, so we know in advance exactly what costs we're going to incur - whether on mainland with tier, or private rental (it all goes to LL anyway).

Sorry to play devil's advocate OP, but nobody's twisting our arm to do what we do and if others are anything like me, then we're probably all just decorating and landscape addicts who were looking for a creative outlet anyway, so I don't agree that it would be 'fair' to ask for some kind of bonus or discount. 

Creating areas for others to enjoy is a choice, not a requirement.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:58 AM, metukah Lenroy said:

Would'nt it be fair and great if Linden Lbas gave discounted tier for public parcels that were created for the pleasure of the SL community?

Such tier discount will encourage more creators and parcel owners to make their land more appealing and allow them to spend more money in SL to make it better. 

As an owner of such land -"Foreverland - Disney tribute park" I know such a discount will help me a lot with bettering my land and make it even more awesome than its already is :)

1. Define " pleasure of the SL community." There are plenty of SIMs that are made and are stunning, yet they are RP sims. They dont pester for donations, would they fall in this category?

2. They just bumped up the amount of Land Impact each sim has. Now you want a discount as well?

3. I already spoke on this but i will repeat myself. Your SIM breaks the ToS and US copyright laws. Disney has stated time and time again they will file DMCAs on anything found within SL. 

You know what would make your land more awesome than it already is? A nuke. Lagtastic, fullbright on everything, glowing eyesore. I feel so bad for any neighbors you have. 

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.