Tier discount for public non profit parcels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

Yes my LOD are set on 4 and my view distance is bigger.

Yes, your LOD is set to 4 because your place is so badly built that it requires LOD 4. View distance also has nothing to do with how bad your place looks. If you require a view distance above 128m to make your place look good, you are doing something wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

sadly a lot of mesh creations breaks on 2

Which is why you should set it to 2 -- so that you can be more discriminate in the items you choose to place on your land. You should be trying to make a place that is beautiful for the average SL user (if you are genuine in your OP) -- and I'm guessing the average SL user is set to 2. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

my wish that Linden Labs will set a criteya to allow tier discount for certain parcels that contribute the the SL community and make Second Life a more attractive platform

Are you sure about that? Because...

4 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

And yet obviously have not been to mine

...Actually I have a year or two back, and as I recall it, it was about 60 % of a sim, surrounded by abandoned land, covered in a mishmash collection of antiquated prim build, sculpty statues of Disney characters, a few pieces of cuddle furniture, and several mickey Donation statues.

All wrapped around a banlined section that's your beachfront house, which is about the same size as the gacha store area just inland of it...

4 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

That's the place you want the discount for? it doesn't even look good!

Yeah under the, what was it you suggested again...

5 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

my wish that Linden Labs will set a criteya to allow tier discount for certain parcels that contribute the the SL community and make Second Life a more attractive platform

... Your place certainly wouldn't qualify.

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

1. I am sure you can find a way to speak your mind without being offensive, rude and mock others way of thinking.

But then it wouldn't be Klytyna, would it. :)

It's a very good idea to try to overlook her apparent rudeness and sweeping statements, because there are usually some very good points hidden underneath them.

11 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

3. What do you mean when you say: Army of Entitlement Club Alts scam? 

See? There it is!

Many premium members have some tier they don't need or use and big landowners can rent that unused tier at a price far lwoer than you'll ever see on any official price list from LL.

Edited by ChinRey

1 hour ago, Nalytha said:

I'm guessing the average SL user is set to 2. 

The default medium quality/medium speed graphics for the official viewer is 1.25 so that's what nearly all newcomers have. Even that is too high for many users but once you go below 1, you start getting LoD issues with prims too so getting good visual quality and a good frame rate isn't really realistic for them anyway.

• Like 3

Foreverland has some lovely qualities, and it was built with passion. Visitors enjoy it. It's not up to the highest technical standards but that should not be the only criteria for a worthwhile build in SL.

But getting to the OP's point, and away from just how much we can trash someone's creation in one thread, is her idea a good one?  I think it would just be too hard to police unfortunately.

A few better photos:

Foreverland 1.jpg

Foreverland 2.jpg

Foreverland 3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Foreverland has some lovely qualities, and it was built with passion. Visitors enjoy it. It's not up to the highest technical standards but that should not be the only criteria for a worthwhile build in SL.

But getting to the OP's point, and away from just how much we can trash someone's creation in one thread, is her idea a good one?  I think it would just be too hard to police unfortunately.

A few better photos:

Foreverland 1.jpg

Foreverland 2.jpg

Foreverland 3.jpg

I don't see the sign that says the copyright owners gave permission to use their content in that build. @metukah Lenroy: Permission was obtained, wasn't it?

Edited by Parhelion Palou
missed a tag
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I don't see the sign that says the copyright owners gave permission to use their content in that build. Permission was obtained, wasn't it?

Why are you asking me?  I didn't build it.

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thanks for pointing this out. I think it's low hanging fruit to jump on criticizing someone's creativity. No matter what someone shares with the world, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. That's okay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

I agree. But just because something is hard to implement - Its doesnt mean its not worth the concideration and having it tested.

I'm pretty sure it was tested, way back when the educational discount was huge. As I recall there was a special discount for 501(c)(3)s and maybe a few other categories of officially recognized charitable non-profits. Also as I recall, it was incredibly controversial, scammed more than not, and its retirement widely applauded.

Presumably someone really motivated could look up the whole history in the forums archives from the ancien régime.

16 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm pretty sure it was tested, way back when the educational discount was huge. As I recall there was a special discount for 501(c)(3)s and maybe a few other categories of officially recognized charitable non-profits. Also as I recall, it was incredibly controversial, scammed more than not, and its retirement widely applauded.

Presumably someone really motivated could look up the whole history in the forums archives from the ancien régime.

The nonprofit/education discount was un-retired a year or so ago. I assume LL is being more careful this time about people having proper documentation to get the discount.

The type of discount the OP wants is unworkable. There's no way LL could verify and periodically check to make sure a place met the requirements.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
added a bit
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

There's no way LL could verify and periodically check to make sure a place met the requirements.

After using the destinations guide to find somewhere to dance yesterday (I don't usually ), they can't even keep check if the places in there still exist

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

After using the destinations guide to find somewhere to dance yesterday (I don't usually ), they can't even keep check if the places in there still exist

Yeah figured that one out myself... :/

Edited by Fionalein

I've built a park on one of my parcels in Brown, because I felt like it. I think one person has noticed. Pretty sure nobody has used it. Should I get a discount for my "efforts"? Every other parcel I have, I have built to the theme of the area and have "Welcome" as the property description to encourage people to come and look around. That must deserve a discount, right? I try to add to the mainland but at the end of the day, we are all doing it for our own satisfaction (and yes, making other people happy counts toward that), and if your efforts are so great that they deserve some sort of compensation, that's when you form a group of like minded people and have everyone chip in.

• Like 4

On 5/19/2018 at 10:25 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Can't believe a filthy copyright infringer would request discounts from LL for their copyright infringing place.

They should close your place down if anything.

That's like the MP sellers that steal from games, sell it full perm, and threaten to DMCA you.

Way to double down on stupid.

8815-1374527070-062f8b64b41cdef70641ae4c

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.