Tier discount for public non profit parcels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Would'nt it be fair and great if Linden Lbas gave discounted tier for public parcels that were created for the pleasure of the SL community?

Such tier discount will encourage more creators and parcel owners to make their land more appealing and allow them to spend more money in SL to make it better. 

As an owner of such land -"Foreverland - Disney tribute park" I know such a discount will help me a lot with bettering my land and make it even more awesome than its already is :)

• Like 4

I think this is a great idea and rewards people that have created parcels that are for the community of Second Life where it is for enjoyment of all where the parcel owner isn't making a profit but rather doing for the joy of the community and the creation. Example the Calas(probably have wrong spelling) Parks. 

Also, it's a great idea to reward loyal customers of Second Life. Maybe there could be an agreed-upon criteria that Linden Labs could live with without it affecting their bottom line but still a nice reward. 

I know personally, I am disheartened the more the good sims are abandoned and gives me less incentive to log in and continue here so it's a good idea in my view to reward sims like this with some sort of incentive/discount to keep them around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

parcels that were created for the pleasure

public or not... all sims and parcels are made for the pleasure of someone... single, couple, groups, communities, no difference.

Sim owners could buy down their maintenance fees past few years, and mainlanders had a rebate just recently,

so in fact everybody did get a rebate on tiers/rents/fees already.

SL is made by and for the residents, they also have to pay for it. If a sim goes down for that reason it's the owners choice.

They cán sell the sim so it keeps there, but most still will disappear after a while because there isn't enough support from this same community, everybody starts howling when one gets taken down, but nobody contributes enough to keep such sims running.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nobody contributes enough to keep such sims running.

How can you expect people to contribute to other sims while their own costs are so high? 

And there is a big difference between a parcel that is meant for personal use and one that is open to everyone to enjoy. 

Such parcels should be cheaper so there will be more of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

Would'nt it be fair and great if Linden Lbas gave discounted tier for public parcels that were created for the pleasure of the SL community?

Such tier discount will encourage more creators and parcel owners to make their land more appealing and allow them to spend more money in SL to make it better.

This is one of the best ideas ever. Tier for non profit public sims should be lowered, so that people will be able to make more of them and make SL a better and more creative place.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, metukah Lenroy said:

Would'nt it be fair and great if Linden Lbas gave discounted tier for

Let's summarise this thread shall we...

OP: "Hi! I'm a member of the over subsidised Madlands entitlement Club, and since the donation boxes on my theme park plot don't begin to cover my tier, I was wondering if LL could CHANGE THE GRID, and give me even more Islander subsidised Madlander Tier Leecher Special Snowflake Bonus!

And now for some supporting comments from 2 of my sock-puppet alts!"

Sorry but, define "public use" if you simply mean members of the public are allowed on the sim and the sim is arbitarilly designated as "pretty" by somebody, then most of the damn grid would qualify.

Now define "personal use" if you mean was made by people for their OWN reeasons rather than at the request of the public at large (never seen the public asked what they want people to build to any significant defgree) then most of the Grid wouldn't qualify forthis anyway.

People open a parcel up to public access AFTER they built it for their own reasons, and thats how it should be.

Attempting to claim that YOUR plot deserves special status is laughable.

The basic price of  private "Islands" region is $295 per month, maintenance fee, NOT 'tier'.

The basic tier on a Madlands sim is $175 per month, but if you take advantage of group bonus and the Army of Entitlement Club Alts scam, you can drop that to under $60 a month.

You don't think a $115 a month "discount"  vs a "sim for personal use" is enough? Or even worse, a $225 discount vs an Islands sim...

Talk about "Entitlement Club"...

This idea? Let's not and say we did...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Klytyna said:

And now for some supporting comments from 2 of my sock-puppet alts!"

Attempting to claim that YOUR plot deserves special status is laughable.

The basic tier on a Madlands sim is $175 per month, but if you take advantage of group bonus and the Army of Entitlement Club Alts scam, you can drop that to under $60 a month.

You don't think a $115 a month "discount"  vs a "sim for personal use" is enough? Or even worse, a $225 discount vs an Islands sim...

Talk about "Entitlement Club"...

This idea? Let's not and say we did...

1. I am sure you can find a way to speak your mind without being offensive, rude and mock others way of thinking. 

2. Just because other support my way of thinking it does not make them my alts. I know it can be hard to acknowledge others think different than you but it seems they do :) 

3. What do you mean when you say: Army of Entitlement Club Alts scam? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

I am sure you can find a way to speak your mind without being offensive, rude and mock others way of thinking.

I'm sure you could have found a way to beg for "Entitled Special Snowflake" handouts that I wouldn't have found offensive, but you didn't bother, so I guess that makes us even...

11 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

Just because other support my way of thinking it does not make them my alts

It's a well known trick... Somebody makes some self-entitled demand on the forum, and instantly, two 1 post accounts appear sycophantically supporting the OP...

Maybe they are NOT your alts... Employees perhaps, or close personal friends... Doesn't matter, sock-puppet posting is still sock-puppet posting. Traditionally, you get them to use different coloured fonts so they look less like sock-puppets, FYI.

20 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

What do you mean when you say: Army of Entitlement Club Alts scam?

If you don't know this popular Madlands Entitlement Club tier swindle, I won't enlighten you.

Meanwhile...

"a sim like no other"... Visit the THEMED gacha store... Gacha Yardsale...

Sounds suspiciously like some kind of... Well... "Business" to me...

Just so you know... "Does not make a profit" is not the same as "Not for profit", and "Members of the public can come here, hopefully bringing money with them" is not the same as "In the public interest".

Your idea stinks of "Madlands Entitlement" and isn't even remotely practical, who gets to decide what constitutes a "Not for profit public sim"?

Every FAILED club owner and business tycoon wannabe in the Madlands would be claiming that the garden bench outside the store next to a tree, or their 12 year old prim build fugly tech disco lighting constituted " a not for profit public use" area and demanding their "free money off discount special snowflake bonus".

Let's not and say we did...

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

If you don't know this popular Madlands Entitlement Club tier swindle, I won't enlighten you.

Meanwhile...

"a sim like no other"... Visit the THEMED gacha store... Gacha Yardsale...

Sounds suspiciously like some kind of... Well... "Business" to me...

Just so you know... "Does not make a profit" is not the same as "Not for profit", and "Members of the public can come here, hopefully bringing money with them" is not the same as "In the public interest".

Your idea stinks of "Madlands Entitlement" and isn't even remotely practical, who gets to decide what constitutes a "Not for profit public sim"?

Seems you know way more about swindles than me. Might be why you seem to always look for one...

I appreciate you took the time to read about my awesome land :)

My tiny(!) themed gacha store is indeed a business  and of course I would not have kept it going if the land would have been recognized for tier discount.

If you visited Foreverland you would also know I am handing out many free gifts (You might really like them btw :) ) and NEVER have bots there to make fake traffic.  

Lastly I have no idea "Madlands Entitlement" is .

AS I see  linden labs should be the ones deciding on the criterya for those tier discounts.

5 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

read about my awesome land

5 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

store is indeed a business  and of course I would not have kept it going if the land would have been recognized for tier discount.

6 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

I have no idea "Madlands Entitlement" is .

It's the thing where you assume that because you effectively pay $1 a month (after stipend cashback) for Madlands Entitlement Club membership, that this makes you a special snowflake, that anything you build on your plot in the Madlands HAS to be more AWESOMESAUCE than anything else ever, especially anything by those filthy free-2-play types who pay 50% more per month than you do to run sims out in the islands...

It's that thing where you feel that you are somehow ENTITLED to special discounts just because you don't have banlines up.

11 minutes ago, metukah Lenroy said:

Seems you know way more about swindles than me. Might be why you seem to always look for one...

I think it's fair to say I know more about Madlanders than you do, despite you being one...

Personally, I avoid the Madlands whenever humanly possible.

As for swindles, as an old hardline Atheist, I've grown used to seeing swindles of various kinds (televangelists for example) and to seeing them treated as "perfectly normal, because everyone does it, right?"

But thank you for the veiled insult and accusation, it shows that I'm puncturing your "Supreme Aura Of Self-Importance And Entitlement". Good to know I'm doing my job right.

I must admit, it's disheartening to see a 3rd Wave Lastnamer like your self exhibiting such extreme symptoms of 2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome.

• Like 1

Just now, Klytyna said:

It's that thing where you feel that you are somehow ENTITLED to special discounts just because you don't have banlines up.

I think it's fair to say I know more about Madlanders than you do, despite you being one...

But thank you for the veiled insult and accusation, it shows that I'm puncturing your "Supreme Aura Of Self-Importance And Entitlement". Good to know I'm doing my job right.

I must admit, it's disheartening to see a 3rd Wave Lastnamer like your self exhibiting such extreme symptoms of 2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome.

It is funny that you say I am insulting :D 

You have been trying from the first letter you wrote to falsly accuse me with all those false alligations, and mock everyone who supports me,  and then you say I try to insult you? 

I really think you need to  read what YOU write before hitting submit and before complaining about other insulting you... :)

Thank you for sharing your beliefs about God with me, But I rather stick to the point which is my wish that Linden Labs will set a criteya to allow tier discount for certain parcels that contribute the the SL community and make Second Life a more attractive platform for people to join. 

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

Every FAILED club owner and business tycoon wannabe in the Madlands would be claiming that the garden bench outside the store next to a tree, or their 12 year old prim build fugly tech disco lighting constituted " a not for profit public use" area and demanding their "free money off discount special snowflake bonus".

It's like you've been to my place!

Ap0BP.png

Edited by Hintswen Guardian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

That's the place you want the discount for? it doesn't even look good!

Hintswen and i don't always agree.. but have nothing really to add to this....

I don't say you can't like or enjoy your place, but please get real about the meaning of it to SL, so rebate? eh no.

• Like 1

Why not simply suggest lower land costs for everyone? That seems like the simplest answer. Because if we do it your way, that requires some sort of regulation and someone has to take the time to verify if people are following rules.

You would want Linden Labs to receive less money while they pay more money to have people implement this new rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metukah Lenroy said:

Yep, I am sure your bench looks better,  lol

Oh, I know my bench isn't that great and the area around it isn't much better (I have a few random boxes lying around, and a few things floating that shouldn't be there. The textures I've used aren't the best either).

image.thumb.png.ff0515d8184a4c6c40d58bce164e32c7.pngI'm not sure what causes the water issue I described above but this is what it looks like to me:

image.png.eed24fe50ee3fb33d98df0da68527f87.png

Your parcel has a LI capacity of 12600, you have used almost all of it. Is this all on the ground floor like I suspect? I visited your place and I was lagging, likely due to the large number of objects in such a small space. Furthermore I'm seeing characters from:

• Winnie the Pooh
  • Micky Mouse
  • Dumbo
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Frozen
  • Aladin
  • Mary Poppins
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Tarzan
  • The Lion King
  • Mulan
  • Star Wars
  • Inside Out
  • Peter Pan

Just to name a few. How many of these do you own the rights to or have obtained permission from the IP owner to use? None? Then why should anyone offer you discounted tier.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Oh, I know my bench isn't that great and the area around it isn't much better (I have a few random boxes lying around, and a few things floating that shouldn't be there. The textures I've used aren't the best either).

image.thumb.png.ff0515d8184a4c6c40d58bce164e32c7.pngI'm not sure what causes the water issue I described above but this is what it looks like to me:

Seems your graphic is set to way lower than mine - since textures look very different to you and me and other guests on my land. 

But your graphic settings or quality of graphic card are not the issue here. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.