Help Me Please LSL Open Group Join How to Edit?

Skye0Lark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the Open Group Join from secondlife.com/wiki and I need some help please.  Below is the script. This is a foreign language I just can not figure out... I know that my Group UUID goes in somewhere. Can someone please be so kind to show me where and if I need to edit anymore information within this script? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you... Skye

findgroupkey()
{
    list TempList = llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(), [OBJECT_GROUP]);
    key groupkey = llList2Key(TempList, 0);
    if (groupkey == NULL_KEY)
    {
        llWhisper(0, "Set the Group for this object in EDIT under the GENERAL tab and be sure your Group is Open Enrollment.");
    }
    else
    {
        llWhisper(0, "Click the link from Chat History (Ctrl+H) and then click on JOIN button! secondlife:///app/group/" + (string) groupkey + "/about");
    }
}

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetText("Touch to Join\nour Group", <1, 1, 1>, 1.0); // white and opaque floating text, optional
        findgroupkey();
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        findgroupkey();
    }
}

Place a prim, set that prim to the group you want people to join, add that script as provided.

If you need rezzed prims to be in a land group AND that is not the group you want to invite people to, use the following..

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetText("Touch to Join\nour Group", <1, 1, 1>, 1.0); // white and opaque floating text, optional
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llWhisper(0, "Click the link from Chat History (Ctrl+H) and then click on JOIN button! secondlife:///app/group/<____GROUP_UUID____>/about");
    }
}

Replacing <____GROUP_UUID____> with the UUID of the group you wish people to join.

I appreciate your response CoffeeDuJour, and think I understand what you are saying. Please correct me if wrong. I rent a store and have a 'group joiner prim'. I place the whole script, that I added above, and the only thing I need to change, besides the group name in edit mode, is the Group UUID as you stated?

No. You have two options. Pick the most suitable ^^

The script you posted will automatically get the group from whatever you set the containing prim to. You don't need to edit anything.

The script I posted will use a UUID you supply. This is useful in case the land group is different from the group you want to invite people to.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.